The 15th Interactive Story Event 📖 ✍

Welcome to the Interactive Story Event!

It will start at 2020-05-16T16:00:00Z
Everyone can join whenever they want! :smiley_cat:
If you want to be tagged for every poll, please join the @StoryEvent group!

What is it?

It’s like a mix of Episode and Wattpad. I’ve written a few short stories but there are decisions that YOU can make to change the plot!

How does this work?

I’ll post a part of the story. Then there’ll be a question and a poll. Depending on how important the question is, I’ll wait longer so some people can vote. Then I’ll post the next part according to what you choose. The first 1-2 questions will decide the genre of the story. Sometimes there’ll be a question to choose the gender of the Ll, but that question will be really obvious. Some questions make the story longer, others make it shorter. Depending on how fast we get some votes, the event can take up to 2 days

You can discuss the story, talk about the plot or what choice would be the best on this thread, but please don’t spam it. I’ll just post the next part of the story as a separate reply.

This is how it will look when I post a new part of the story

This is how it will look when I want to say something that isn’t part of the story.

I only deleted the choices that will lead you directly to an ending that you’ve already had.

Some extra information if you're interested

I’ve prepared a few different endings and I don’t want them to be for nothing, so you might get some stories that are similar but have different endings. Don’t worry, I’m working on new stories so it doesn’t get boring!
I tried to write stories in different genres, but it’s a first for me in most of the genres because I’ve only written Drama and Romance until now :sweat_smile: Additionally, I’ve written most of it while watching TV or late at night, so there might be some mistakes in it
sorryy but I’ve proofread it a few times and let friends read it so I hope it’s at least understandable what I wanted to say even if there are mistakes :joy:
I’ll make some polls at the end to find out how much y’all liked the story and if I should keep making this.

Have fun!

List of previous stories

The First Interactive Story Event
The Second Interactive Story Event
The Third Interactive Story Event
The 4th Interactive Story Event
The 5th Interactive Story Event
The 6th Interactive Story Event
The 7th Interactive Story Event
The 8th Interactive Story Event
The 9th Interactive Story Event
The 10th Interactive Story Event
The 11th Interactive Story Event
The 12th Interactive Story Event
The 13th Interactive Story Event
The 14th Interactive Story Event

8 Likes

Oof, I completely missed this last week :eyes::eyes::green_heart::no_mouth:

1 Like

You can always read it later, that’s why I link them in the first post :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Scientists talk about parallel universes, but many people don’t even understand how that concept should help us. Well, you had some extra information given to you by somebody and managed to visit a parallel universe. No, not just one, 20! Your trips were short but exciting and nobody noticed it. You started last week and took something with you from every universe. “Something” might be the wrong word here
let’s use “someone”. More precisely, you took yourself with you from each of the 20 parallel universes! The version of you that lives in the universe we all know is the one who has the biggest ability to convince others. Since you’ve never managed to convince your teachers to give you less homework, you had to convince the other yous to come with you. To make it easier, you gave them new names
 One, Two, Three, Four, Fife and so on. You couldn’t think of something better when you arrived back here with the first one. Having so many people at your house causes another problem: space! You don’t want your parents to find out but you also don’t want those people running around in your room. At this point, it might be good to point out that your parents are rich so they don’t notice that you’ve rented a flat nearby. Fourteen and Eighteen are really clever, so they do all your homework. Twelve is very good at drawing which might be useful in the future. Four, Six, Thirteen and Twenty are a bit crazy but Two, Ten, Eleven and Seventeen are good at dealing with them so there’s no need to worry. However, you wish there was a book about how to deal with so many clones. Well, they aren’t real clones because some of them are really different from you but you’re still figuring out how all of that works. Luckily, Three is an expert at parallel universes and tries to explain how everything works. A few minutes ago, you’ve sent One away to get you and all the others food while you’re hanging out in their flat. Nineteen walks over to you and sits down. “I have a question. Are we friends now?” she asks.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

You tell her that you’re friends now and being friends means looking out for each other. She nods and walks away without causing any trouble. One comes back with the food, but has blood on his hands. “What happened?” you ask. “That guy wanted something from me and I panicked, so I punched him. His nose is broken now” he replies. You shake your head, you’ve totally forgotten that One comes from the universe where they don’t have money on Earth. You should note down all those bits of information you hear so you send the right one next time. For example, Five doesn’t speak English but the others are trying to teach her. You look around the room. It’s so confusing that some of them look very similar to you and others don’t. Some are boys, some are girls, two don’t want to be forced into this binary schema. Your handy beeps and you see a new text message from your best friend. Looks like she wants to hang out. You can’t meet her now because these people here still need your help. You should text her an excuse, but which one of these will she believe and will make her stay away?

• You’re ill
  • You’re busy with homework
  • Your parents are angry with you
  • You need some space

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

You text her that your parents are angry at you so you can’t hang out with her. Then you put your phone away to concentrate on what’s going on around you. You’re glad that nobody is fighting, they seem to really like each other. You should go back to their parallel universes and see how it’s going there without them! Sadly, you don’t know how to decide which universe you want to visit. Whoever gave you the information about how to travel through universes forgot to mention that part. Maybe the library has a book about this issue? Who will you send to look for it?

• Eleven
  • Eighteen
  • Twenty

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

We have a tie right now, so please don’t forget to vote!

2 Likes

You send Eighteen. She comes back half an hour later with a cook book. “What’s that?” she asks and opens the book at the recipe for meatballs. You are a bit confused and try to explain that those are balls
made out of meat. You didn’t have a better explanation. “Meat? From animals?” You take away the cook book. In her universe, nobody eats meat anymore. Well, you didn’t get any more information about travelling around. Maybe searching the internet will help! You’ve given them a computer so they can look up stuff about your universe but they prefer getting information from you so they don’t use it much. Just as you sit down in front of it, someone knocks on the door. Everyone’s quiet right away. “I know you’re in there! We both have the app to see where the other one is, remember? Now open the door!” You hear your best friend shout. Some others recognize her voice and want to open the door. Nineteen gets scared because in her universe, your best friend is her worst enemy. Confusing, right? You tell them to hide and open the door. “Hey! You found me! Now what’s up?” “What are you doing here? I thought your parents are angry at you? Who are you here with?” “Just taking a break from everything, alone.” “Do your parents know that you’ve rented a flat?” “No? They don’t care?” Someone sneezes. “What was that?”

• Tell her the truth
  • Try to get her to go

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

Woah, this is super cool! :heart_eyes: I love it!!!

3 Likes

You sigh and open the door. “You can come out, it’s fine” you say to all the others and they come out from their hiding spots. Your friend is shocked and looks around. “What is this?” she asks. She spots some of those who look like you. “Twins, Triplets?” “No, not really.” “What. Is. This?! Why are there so many people in your flat?” “It’s complicated.” “Try!” your friend tries to ignore all the others staring at her. She seems a bit angry but also confused. Well, who wouldn’t be confused? You start explaining. At the end of the story, Four hands your best friend a cup of tea. She takes it and looks at you before whispering: “Can I drink that or is it some weird stuff?” You start laughing. “It’s tea, normal tea. Not everything in other universes is bad!” Your friend still seems confused but she might just be overwhelmed by all the information. “So how do you do it?” she asks. You shrug, you can’t tell her how to do it. You’re not allowed to. This has to stay a secret. “At least take me with you when you travel again? Please!” she begs. You think about it. Would that violate the rules? Your not supposed to tell anyone about this but now she’s already seen and heard about it so why not take her with you? But the person who told you about this said you’re not allowed to teach others how to do it. Would they find you if you take your best friend with you? Does it really matter? It could be fun, showing her another universe and having someone to talk about everything that’s happening here!

• Take her with you
  • Don’t take her with you

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

You decide to take her with you and she hurries home to get ready for your little adventure. In the meantime, you try to decide who of the others should go to your parents to make it seem as if you’re home and going to bed early. You make Seven go to your place because she looks and acts like you almost perfectly. Your parents won’t notice anything. On your first journey, you wondered how you’ll find who is you in other universes if they don’t look like you, but you soon found out that if you exist in that universe you’ll travel to the exact same spot that person was when you started travelling. So you just have to look around and sometimes, if they didn’t move during those few seconds of travelling, you’ll land right next to the right one. How will this work when you’re travelling with your best friend? Nobody knows!

A few hours later, all the others are busy with doing stuff. Some do your homework; others keep your social media updated. The rest is reading and watching TV. Your best friend should arrive any minute and then you’re ready to go. She’s rushing in just as you’ve finished all the preparations. “I’m ready, what do I have to do?” she asks. You shake your head. “You’re doing nothing except for closing your eyes. I’m not allowed to show you how this works.” Your friend seems sad but shakes it off quite quickly. “Do you even know how to take two people to the same universe?” she asks but you ignore her. You know how, but you’ve never tried it before. There’s a first for everything! “Can we take some copies of me with us please?” your best friend asks with her eyes closed. “Those aren’t copies. And we’re only going to visit one university. We can’t be sure that there’s a you there” you explain. “Can I come with you? Maybe we’ll get to my universe and I can see my parents again” Nineteen asks.

• Yes, take her with you.
  • No, don’t take her with you.

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

You nod and accept her as another passanger on your trip. Now you three stand there and you start the procedure to get to another universe. Just a second later you tell your friend to open her eyes again. Everything is black. Five seconds later, there’s a bright white light before you fall on the ground. You’re in a room, your room! “Did it work?” your friend asks. You look around, everything here looks exactly like in your universe. You open the door to see you walking down the hallway, probably on the way to the kitchen. Your friend stares at the other you as well. “Is that Twenty-One?” “Yes, it is.” “So we’re taking her with us?” your friend asks. Nineteen seems confused and looks at Twenty-One. This one looks like the most similar one to you compared to all the others. Her room looks like yours, the person looks like you, the house looks like yours. This is perfect, she could go to school for you! Will you take her with you?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

You decide to take her with you. You tell Nineteen in the room to wait there. This is clearly not her universe so there’s no need for her to be running around. You and your best friend leave the room and follow Twenty-One. As you expected, she goes to the kitchen. You walk up to her and tap on her shoulder. As she turns around, she smiles at you. “Finally!” she says and hugs you. You’re confused. “I’ve been waiting for you for such a long time! Why did it take you so long?” You just look at her, trying to understand what’s going on. “Do you want something to eat? I don’t know what you’re normally eating in your universe but I guess we’ll find something for you here. And you brought a friend! That’s great. Although I had the feeling there were three people traveling thought the universes?” She just doesn’t stop talking. “Follow me to my room so we can talk about everything!” She pulls back to her room on your wrist. There she sees Nineteen and greets her. “I’ll call you Twenty-One and Twenty-Two” Twenty-One says. You just stare at her, angry about her just naming you after a number. She misinterprets your staring and decides to start explaining: “I knew you’d come. See, last week I had to decide if I either want to go to another universe with my best friend or stay with the twenty copies of me that I already gathered from other universes. I decided to stay because I knew in another universe, one me would decide to travel. I’ve made all my twenty cuties help me search for a way to lead you here. I didn’t expect you to bring two others with you! But that’s great because now you can go to school for me and you’ll already have a friend there.” She turns to your best friend. “You look exactly like my best friend, this is perfect!” She seems so happy and jumps around in her room. Then she hands you a book and guides you out of her room. “But I want to go back to my parents” Nineteen says. “Sorry, but that won’t happen. I can’t do my homework all alone, right?” You get a smile from that person that looks like you. “Twenty-One, school starts tomorrow at 8, but you should get up at 6 to get ready. Don’t wake me up though.” She says to you while leading you to the attic. You reach the stairs and she opens the door. There you see many other people chatting, playing games and watching TV. Twenty other people, some very similar to you, others completely different. You’re Twenty-One now.

THE END

@StoryEvent

8 Likes

Time for a poll :smile_cat:

How did you like the story? (1 = hate it, 10 = love it)

0 voters

If you have anything else to say about this, please feel free to reply to this. I could really use some feedback :see_no_evil:

If you want to be tagged for every poll next week, join the @StoryEvent group! :smiley_cat:

6 Likes

Omg! I loved it so much! Haha and nice twist. Kidnapping yourself to get helpers might not be the most moral thing to do lol.

5 Likes

Thanks :smile: I really dislike the MC :joy: Maybe that’s what lead to that ending

4 Likes

The end was so amazing. All I can say is that karma came back hard on her

4 Likes

Closed as requested by OP :smiley_cat: