The 24th Interactive Story Event 📖 ✍

Welcome to the Interactive Story Event!

I’ll post the first part soon and every poll will stay open for at least 24h!
Everyone can join whenever they want! :smiley_cat:
If you want to be tagged for every poll, please join the @StoryEvent group!

What is it?

It’s like a mix of Episode and Wattpad. I’ve written a few short stories but there are decisions that YOU can make to change the plot!

How does this work?

I’ll post a part of the story. Then there’ll be a question and a poll. Depending on how important the question is, I’ll wait longer so some people can vote. Then I’ll post the next part according to what you choose. The first 1-2 questions will decide the genre of the story. Sometimes there’ll be a question to choose the gender of the Ll, but that question will be really obvious. Some questions make the story longer, others make it shorter.

You can discuss the story, talk about the plot or what choice would be the best on this thread, but please don’t spam it. I’ll just post the next part of the story as a separate reply.

This is how it will look when I post a new part of the story

This is how it will look when I want to say something that isn’t part of the story.

I only deleted the choices that will lead you directly to an ending that you’ve already had.

Some extra information if you're interested

I’ve prepared a few different endings and I don’t want them to be for nothing, so you might get some stories that are similar but have different endings. Don’t worry, I’m working on new stories so it doesn’t get boring!
I tried to write stories in different genres, but it’s a first for me in most of the genres because I’ve only written Drama and Romance until now :sweat_smile: Additionally, I’ve written most of it while watching TV or late at night, so there might be some mistakes in it
sorryy but I’ve proofread it a few times and let friends read it so I hope it’s at least understandable what I wanted to say even if there are mistakes :joy:
I’ll make some polls at the end to find out how much y’all liked the story and if I should keep making this.

Have fun!

List of previous stories

The First Interactive Story Event
The Second Interactive Story Event
The Third Interactive Story Event
The 4th Interactive Story Event
The 5th Interactive Story Event
The 6th Interactive Story Event
The 7th Interactive Story Event
The 8th Interactive Story Event
The 9th Interactive Story Event
The 10th Interactive Story Event
The 11th Interactive Story Event
The 12th Interactive Story Event
The 13th Interactive Story Event
The 14th Interactive Story Event
The 15th Interactive Story Event
The 16th Interactive Story Event
The 17th Interactive Story Event
The 18th Interactive Story Event
The 19th Interactive Story Event
The 20th Interactive Story Event
The 21st Interactive Story Event
The 22nd Interactive Story Event
The 23rd Interactive Story Event

@Gaming

5 Likes

You live in a word where your current emotion always appears as a floating text over your head. People who are happy have “happy” written above their heads, people who are sad have “sad” written above their heads. If people feel more than just one emotion at the same time, the most important one is written in normal size while the others are written in smaller letters under the first. Emotions that are linked to a certain person, appear as slightly glowing for that person. For example, if you are happy because you see someone special, this person will see “happy” above your head glowing while other emotions look normal. This way, people aren’t able to hide their emotions and hiding your true feeling for someone is impossible. However, in this world, people slowly start losing the ability to show their emotions with facial expressions, behavior and words. Additionally, reading other people’s emotions when the words above their heads are covered, is very difficult.
You just finished your classes for today and wait for your friend to meet you in front of the school building. The word “angry” is written above your head. As your friend sees you, the word above her head turns from “excited” to “worried”. Right away, she asks why you are angry. Do you want to tell her?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

Already liking the premise of this story :eyes:

6 Likes

Me too. Can’t wait for more. Love these events.

6 Likes

You decide to tell her that you are angry because you got a bad grade on an exam and there’s a high possibility that you’ll fail that class. The word above your head changes to “sad” and your friend hugs you. After that, your friend’s word turns back to “excited” which makes you feel forced to ask why she is excited. In a monotone tone, your friend replies, “Didn’t I tell you about the new family that’s moving in next to our house? This is so exciting. Normally people move away from here to the bigger cities.” People around you stop to listen to your conversation. This is totally normal here, if someone has “excited” written over their head, people get very curious and want to get the same emotion. You friend tells them everything she knows about the new people. Apparently, they are from one of the big cities and their daughter got into problems with the law. Nobody knows why but everyone wants to find out. You friend invites you to stay at her place to meet the new neighbors. Once you’ve texted your parents and got their permission, both of you go on your way to your friend’s house. The text above your head shows “sad” as main emotion and “excited” as a smaller one. In your psychology class, you’ve learned that you have a good chance of adding “happy” to your emotions if you smile. Do you want to try?

• Yes, smile
  • No, don’t smile

0 voters

@StoryEvent

5 Likes

It worked! Smiling helped you get rid of the “sad” above your head and replaced it with a “happy”. That failed exam wasn’t worth the angry and sad thoughts you spent on it!

You reach your friend’s house and see two moving vans in front of the neighbors’ house. Both of head inside to get lunch. However, you are just about to start eating when you hear the doorbell. “That’s probably one of the new neighbors wanting to say hello!” your friend says. “Excited” replaces the “happy” above your head and becomes your main emotion. Your friend opens the front door and greets the man who has “nervous” written above his head. You let your friend and her parents alone because you don’t want to seem as if you live here as well. Instead, you go out at the back of the house into the garden. From the other side of the fence, you hear someone playing with a ball. It sounds as if someone throws a ball at a wall again and again. Out of curiosity and because you want to find out how good your skills at recognizing other people’s emotions without reading them are, you try to make a lucky guess. You think the person on the other side of the fence is

• Bored
  • Angry
  • Sad

0 voters

@StoryEvent

4 Likes

You look over the fence to check if you guessed right. You see a girl, around your age, playing with a ball. However, there’s no emotion above her head. How could you find out if she’s really bored? You stare at her to figure out why you don’t see her emotions. “What are you staring at?” she asks. You didn’t notice that she saw you and the word floating above your head immediately turns into “embarrassed”. The girl laughs and points at the nothingness about her head. “Don’t worry, you’re not crazy, it’s really not there,” she explains. Your emotion changes to “confused”. “Wanna play with me? It’s a lot of fun!” she asks. Your gut tells you that she seems happy but not the kind of happy that you see in other people. When you are happy, you sound the same way as when you’re sad. But this girl sounds differently. Something is weird about her, she could be dangerous! However, she seems very friendly and the fact that her emotions aren’t written about her head is very interesting. Do you want to spend time with her and get to know her? Or do you want to go back to your friend?

• Get to know the new girl
  • Stay on the safe side

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

Only three people voted already :sweat_smile: @StoryEvent

2 Likes

I think there has been a problem with group tags, ‘cause I didn’t get notified yesterday.

1 Like

Oh :see_no_evil: well, I’ll just give everyone a few more hours to vote now

2 Likes

Yeah, I think they’re finally coming through and working now.

2 Likes

You are brave enough to stay and get to know the new girl! You jump over the fence and she throws the ball at you. She chuckles when she sees that your emotion changed to “curious”. “So, are we neighbors now?” she asks. You shake your head and explain that you’re just a friend of her neighbors. You quickly find out that you’ll have most classes together which seems to make the new girl happy as well. You’re kicking the ball around, from one side of the garden to another. It’s not as much fun as the girl said, but you won’t say anything because you can’t tell how she feels about it. “Your “curious” is glowing really bright now, I guess I should answer some of your questions, right?” she says, sounding as if she isn’t annoyed by you being curious. You look at her to figure out her facial expression. It looks like the one you’ve seen in books for the emotion of happiness. Let’s ask a question!

• Are you happy right now?
  • Why doesn’t your emotion show up above your head?
  • Why did you move here?

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

“Why doesn’t your emotion show up above your head?” you ask. The girl picks up the ball and sits down on the ground. First, you just stand there and watch her. Not knowing what she’s feeling is more difficult than you ever imagined! “Sit down, I’ll tell you,” she says and you do as you’re told. The girl starts explaining, “I learned how to hide my emotions and how to change it to whatever I want some years ago. The government noticed and wanted me to stop but didn’t tell me why. A year later, the words started to flicker and I had no control over them anymore. It didn’t take much longer until it got invisible. I had to learn how to live without it. Honestly, I don’t mind, being happy without having it written above your head makes it a lot better! But I feel sorry for all the people around me, it’s difficult for them to read my emotions. Because of my bad behavior, I got thrown out of school and we had to move here. My parents want to tell everyone that it’s a rare glitch in the system.” You are shocked and it shows above your head. This girl sounds like a lot of trouble! “But this isn’t rare, I found a group of people online who all had the same thing happening to them!” “So, can this happen to me too?” you ask, seriously afraid of losing the text above your head. “Probably, yes. But that is not a bad thing, you can still feel the emotions, they get even stronger!” You’re brain tries to make sense of all of this. Stronger emotions? That seems like a good thing, right? But if it was good, everyone would have it, wouldn’t they? It can’t be good if it’s not normal! But you are a very curious person.

• Ask her to show you how to hide your emotions
  • Leave, you can’t trust a stranger

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

You decide to ask her to show you how to hide your emotions. She looks around to see if anyone sees you. Then she takes out her phone and shows you an address. “Meet me there at 10 pm,” she says before standing up and leaving you alone. The text above your head changes to “confused” again but the “curious” stays there as well.

In the evening, you secretly leave your house and go to the address the girl told you. As you arrive there, you are all alone in front of a normal-looking house. You knock on the door and someone opens it just a little bit to ask for a password. The girl, who appeared behind you, says “happily sad” and the door gets opened. Both of you enter the house and a group of teenagers greets you. “So, you want to lose your text, right?” someone asks and you nod. “That’s not as easy as it sounds,” the girl explains, “You’ll have to focus on your emotions and change them without giving that information to the system that creates the text.” They want you to try to be sad but have “curious” still written above your head, so you think of something that makes you sad. As soon as you feel the sadness, your text changes and you try to see what the others think about this. They seems disappointed but you can’t tell because none of them has a text above their head. “Try again, get happy without letting that information out of your body. Express the emotion with your body, not the text. The text above your head isn’t a part of you, it’s like a computer!” the girls says. You try again and think about a happy memory. Suddenly, you have a weird feeling on your face that tries to force you to smile. At the same time, you notice the thing above your head trying to read your emotion. What will you do?

• Let the happiness make you smile
  • Let the happiness go out of you

0 voters

@StoryEvent

2 Likes

You let the happiness take over and smile. It’s an overwhelming feeling. The others around you seem happy as well and point at the text above your head. It still says “sad”. As you look up, it starts to flicker and changes between different emotions. The girl comes closer to you and tries to touch the text above your head. However, instead of just stopping in front of it or letting her hand go through it, she pushes it away. “That’s it, it worked!” she says. All the others applaud. “We’ve never tried this method before. Let’s hope pushing it away makes it stay away,” the girl explains to you. You look up and get sad again. The text was there ever since you were born and now it’s suddenly gone. What will your friends think? Just as you try to think of the consequences, your head starts hurting. You try to tell the others but they all seem to be worried. A very loud sound in your ears makes you unable to hear anything they say. That’s when the door to the house gets opened and police officers storm in. You can’t understand what they say but one of them points at you and another one grabs your arm to lead you outside. An extremely painful sting in your head makes you look up again. The text above your head is back and you can hear again. “They will get in a lot of trouble for trying to mess with our system,” the police officer tells you

THE END

@StoryEvent

5 Likes

Time for a poll :smile_cat:

How did you like the story? (1 = hate it, 10 = love it)

0 voters

If you have anything else to say about this, please feel free to reply to this. I could really use some feedback :see_no_evil:

If you want to be tagged for every poll next week, join the @StoryEvent group! :smiley_cat:
And I’m still looking for guest writers! So if you’re interestey, PM me please

Now a little bit of self-promotion :sweat_smile: If you like these stories, maybe you’d like to check out my story on Tapas! I’d be happy to see some new subscribers if you like it! :see_no_evil: Here’s the link.

5 Likes

Closed due to inactivity and as this story event has ended