The 26th Interactive Story Event 📖 ✍

Welcome to the Interactive Story Event!

It will start in around one hour.
Everyone can join whenever they want! :smiley_cat:
If you want to be tagged for every poll, please join the @StoryEvent group!

What is it?

It’s like a mix of Episode and Wattpad. I’ve written a few short stories but there are decisions that YOU can make to change the plot!

How does this work?

I’ll post a part of the story. Then there’ll be a question and a poll. The polls will be open for around 2-3 days. Depending on how important the question is, I’ll wait longer so some people can vote. Then I’ll post the next part according to what you choose. Sometimes there’ll be a question to choose the gender of the Ll, but that question will be really obvious. Some questions make the story longer, others make it shorter.

You can discuss the story, talk about the plot or what choice would be the best on this thread. I’ll just post the next part of the story as a separate reply.

This is how it will look when I post a new part of the story

This is how it will look when I want to say something that isn’t part of the story.

Some extra information if you're interested

I’ve prepared a few different endings and I don’t want them to be for nothing, so you might get some stories that are similar but have different endings. Don’t worry, I’m working on new stories so it doesn’t get boring!
I try to write stories in different genres, but it’s a bit of a challenge for me in most of the genres because I’ve mostly written Drama and Romance until now :sweat_smile: Additionally, I’ve written most of it while watching TV or late at night, so there might be some mistakes in it
sorryy but I hope it’s at least understandable what I wanted to say even if there are mistakes :joy:
I’ll make some polls at the end to find out how much y’all liked the story and if I should keep making this.

Have fun!

List of previous stories

The First Interactive Story Event
The Second Interactive Story Event
The Third Interactive Story Event
The 4th Interactive Story Event
The 5th Interactive Story Event
The 6th Interactive Story Event
The 7th Interactive Story Event
The 8th Interactive Story Event
The 9th Interactive Story Event
The 10th Interactive Story Event
The 11th Interactive Story Event
The 12th Interactive Story Event
The 13th Interactive Story Event
The 14th Interactive Story Event
The 15th Interactive Story Event
The 16th Interactive Story Event
The 17th Interactive Story Event
The 18th Interactive Story Event
The 19th Interactive Story Event
The 20th Interactive Story Event
The 21st Interactive Story Event
The 22nd Interactive Story Event
The 23rd Interactive Story Event
The 24th Interactive Story Event
The 25th Interactive Story Event

@Gaming

5 Likes

Never done this, would like to try 
 Are we allowed to write posts here like this one?

2 Likes

AH IM SO EXCITED THIS IS BACK

3 Likes

I assume we can chat here then, great! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, sure! As long as the posts don’t go off-topic, it’s all allowed. That’s why I post the story parts seperately and in block quotes :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I’ll also tag @MichiTheThird here separately because I think she’ll like this (and because she’s my friend and I want her to see this :smile_cat:)

2 Likes

Dying. You thought it would feel differently but right now, it seems rather
 boring. The world around you is dark but maybe you just forgot to open your eyes again after what just happened. You try to move your hand but you don’t even feel your hands anymore. This is not how you expected to die but what could you do about it now? Nothing. All you can do is wait and see what will happen once your life really ended. “Hey, are you okay?” you hear someone ask. Are they asking you? Don’t they see that you’re currently unable to reply? Suddenly, you feel someone touch you. You can’t really say where they touch you, your body still doesn’t feel like a body to you but you’re sure they touched you. The black world turns white before you open your eyes again. “You scared me for a second. Come on, let me help you up,” a guy says while holding out his hand for you. You stare at him. He’s wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. For now, nothing seems weird. Other than the fact that you should be dead right now! Do you take his hand to get up?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

You let him help you up but you feel a bit dizzy and your legs aren’t really working like you expect them to. Are those the effects of dying and coming back to life? Did you even really die? You look around for the car that hit you but there are no cars and no blood on the street. However, you know it wasn’t the car that killed you. “Let’s get you off the street before you get hit by one,” the guy says while chuckling softly.
He leads you to the sidewalk while you still look around, confused and wondering if all of this was just a dream. The guy still holds your hand and has a hand on your arm in case you lose your balance. A woman comes running to you. “Are you okay? Why were you lying on the street?” She must have seen you from afar. Do you want to tell her what happened?

• Yes, tell her and the guy now!
  • Yes, but walk away from the guy first.
  • No, don’t tell her, make up another story!

0 voters

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

Making up a new story isn’t an easy task. How do you explain lying on the street?! “I just
 wanted to get to the other side but tripped over something,” you explain. The guy lets go of your arm to hide his laugh behind his hand while the woman looks a bit confused.
“But you’re okay now, right?” she asks. You confirm that you’re okay and not hurt at all. That seems to calm her enough to make her leave.
“You’re not a good liar, are you?” the guy asks, earning a glare from you.
“For your information, it’s not that easy to lie after being unconscious,” you reply, slightly annoyed. He just chuckles before telling you that he has somewhere to be. He leaves as quickly as he appeared.

The next day, you’re walking past a bank when you hear a shot from the inside. Just your luck, you always seem to be in the middle of action lately. At least you’re not in the bank while it gets robbed. But are you a curious bystander or someone who wants to help?

• Watch what’s happening from your spot on the sidewalk.
  • Go closer to get a better view!
  • Walk away.
  • Go in and try to save the people!

0 voters

@StoryEvent

2 Likes

You step closer to get a better view of what’s happening in the bank. Inside, there’s a guy with a gun, threatening the employees. Right behind him stands another guy who looks like he’s whispering something into the other guy’s ear. When he turns around, you recognise the guy: He’s the one who helped you the day before! You’re a bit shocked, he seemed too friendly to take part in robbing a bank. Just as he recognises you, the guy with the gun turns around as well and spots you, standing way too close to the bank. He shouts something before running out of the bank pointing his gun at you. One shot later, you feel the pain in your chest and the world goes black.

“Hey, are you okay?” you hear someone asking you. Are they talking to you? The voice sounds familiar, it’s that guy again! Remembering that you just got shot, you notice that there’s no pain in your chest anymore. Are you almost dead, again, the second time in two days?! Well, what now?

• Open your eyes!
  • Pretend to be dead.

0 voters

@StoryEvent

2 Likes

You pretend to be dead. It seems like a good idea, you just got shot and seeing what happened would probably not help you at all. “Come on, this wasn’t supposed to happen,” the guy mumbles. Feeling a weird warmth where the bullet wound’s supposed to be, you try not to move. “The wound is healed, why aren’t you waking up?” the guy asks, seemingly not noticing that you’re already awake. Suddenly, the sounds around you change, it gets completely silent before you hear a river right next to you. You open your eyes, surprised to see that you’re in a forest. “Finally! I thought I messed up while reviving you! Don’t scare me like that again!” the guy complains while kneeling next to you. A bit confused, you sit up and back away from him. Reviving? So, you were really dead! Twice! Well, that sparks off a long list of questions in your head
 The guy looks a bit angry but also worried, maybe he’s friendly enough to answer a question. What do you want to ask?

• Who are you?
  • How did you revive me?
  • Where are we?
  • Why did you revive me?

0 voters

@StoryEvent

2 Likes

I wanna be like “What on Earth does revive mean?”

1 Like

@StoryEvent We have a tie so I could use a few more votes!

1 Like

If it’s a tie, then is there a way to incorporate both into the next part?

1 Like

Yeah
 I could write a new part and make up another branch for the story :thinking: I’ll see if someone else votes until tomorrow

1 Like

“How did you revive me?” you ask, still sounding a bit off but your confusion is obvious.

“Oh, that’s too complex for a human brain,” the guy replies with a chuckle. The way he sees all of this as totally normal makes the whole situation even more confusing.

“Don’t you have a human brain as well?” you question him, making him laugh even more.

“You didn’t notice the wings, did you? Do humans have black wings?” he asks sarcastically while turning a bit to the side so you can see the big wings on his back. You don’t know why you didn’t notice them before but maybe it’s because you really just came back from being dead. Well, at least now you know that the guy in front of you isn’t a normal human. “Listen, I shouldn’t even be here with you right now so we need to get you back to where you should be,” he explains. Stubbornly, you don’t move at all, even after he stands up and holds out his hand to you.

“I don’t even know who you are or where we are!” you mention, gaining a sigh from him.

“Ethaniel, nice to meet you, please call me Ethan,” he replies quickly while grabbing your hand and shaking it. “I brought you to a place where we are safe so I could figure out why you didn’t wake up.”

“I just pretended to be dead,” you confess, making his expression change to a mix of annoyance and relief. Behind you, you can hear something that sounds like a hundred birds flying. Ethan seems worried, almost scared, so you turn around to see what’s going on. There are two people with white wings, a man and a woman, staring angrily at Ethan.

“What are you doing here and what is this human doing here? You know that you aren’t allowed to come here anymore, especially not with a living human!” the woman shouts.

• Defend Ethan by explaining your side of the story
  • Let Ethan deal with this alone
  • Demand answers from Ethan

0 voters

@StoryEvent

1 Like

Not liking the way they treat the guy who saved you from death, you stand in front of him protectively. Your slightly angry expression gains their attention rather quickly. “Don’t talk to him like that, he just saved me so give him a break! I’m very happy about him bringing me here because he was concerned for my safety! We didn’t do anything here in your forest and I’m sure he plans on leaving as soon as possible,” you tell them. At the end, the man looks a bit shocked while the woman seems confused. What you don’t see is Ethan trying to hold back a relieved smile and failing.

“The human thinks we’re in a forest?” the woman asks, looking at Ethan behind you.

“Yes, I wanted them to wake up in a calm area and I know humans are not supposed to see what’s really going on here,” Ethan explains. You turn to him, ready to ask what he’s talking about, but before you can say anything, the man asks why you had to be saved. You turn back to those two people with white wings.

“Oh, I got shot today and stabbed yesterday. He
 brought me back from the dead both times,” you say. Noticing that you haven’t said thank you yet, you turn to Ethan again and give him a smile, “By the way, thanks. I have no idea how you did it but you saved me.”

Ethan looks around, seeming slightly uncomfortable. For a few seconds, he looks at you. Then he sighs, looks at the others and back at you. “Honestly, your deaths were my fault. I was bored so I annoyed two guys. You just happened to be there as well and I went too far with annoying those two. You didn’t deserve to die because of my mistakes so I healed your wounds and made sure you’re fully recovered again. I’m so sorry for making you go through this
 twice.”

You stare at him, shocked. All three of them expect some kind of reaction from you. He got you killed but he also saved you and cared for you, but this situation is also quite scary.

• Run away.
  • Get angry at him.
  • Accept his apology.

0 voters

@StoryEvent

2 Likes

You give Ethan a slight smile, “Apology accepted. I’m still alive, that’s all that matters. You made up for your mistakes.” Ethan smiles back, relieved.

The other two are whispering to each other but you can hear one very surprised-sounding sentence from the man, “He made a human forgive him!” Hearing them call you a human again, makes you wonder what exactly is going on. You look around to find any hints on where you are but all you see are trees.

“The human is right, Ethaniel,” the woman says loudly. “You made up for your mistakes and you seem to have your morals in the right place again. You are no longer banished from our world.” With that, Ethan’s wings change from black to bright white. For a second, he looks surprised. Then he smirks.

“I preferred the black ones,” he says, more to you than to the others. They just roll their eyes. Before you can say anything, Ethan grabs your hand, “Thank you. You don’t even know how much you’ve helped me.”

“Send the human back and make sure there are no memories of this left,” the man orders behind you. You can hear the sound of birds flying again and when you turn around, the two others are gone. Ethan squeezes your hand to get your attention back.

“I won’t remember this?” you wonder almost nervously. Ethan nods but winks at you. His wings spread wide and suddenly you’re back in front of the bank. A woman kneels next to you, looking very worried. You quickly make sure that you don’t have a wound anywhere and then reassure her that you’re okay. When you stand up from the ground, you notice that you still remember everything that happened, the forest, the wings, Ethan. You look around and spot familiar eyes across the street. He’s leaning against the wall of a shop. As he sees that you’ve recognised him, he gives you a small wave and a smile before walking away.

What a time to be alive.

THE END

@StoryEvent

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity