The Best Multiplayer Games

Given we’ve been on lockdown for a while now, I imagine people may be looking for a way to pass the time and connect with their friends, while doing something enjoyable! I know I have! So I wanted to start a thread for people to put their favourite and most played multiplayer games!

Personally, I only have a couple I would recommend as I don’t really play multiplayer games that much, but I feel they’re solid for playing with friends!

First-off is my personal go-to for chilling. Final Fantasy XIV. My most played game ever, I absolutely adore it! It has a charming story, lovable characters and a fantastic community that’s always helpful and inviting to newcomers! The only real drawback is that it has a subscription-based system for playing. It’s not cheap, either.

The other one is simply Minecraft. Nothing beats relaxing with some friends and breaking some trees with your fists! That piano music too :hearts: Just set up a server and while away those hours with some chill crafting and gathering with your friends!

Please, add any games you’ve been playing! We want people to have as much choice as possible!

2 Likes

I agree with your examples above, although I’ve never played them. I do agree that they’re pretty good multiplayer ones. … I find that mobile games can be very interactive. Whether it be to help succeed in the game or just complete against others. It can be really fun to play some of the games that require random international gameplay.

One I’m really enjoying at the moment is the card game 500, where you can play with people all around the world.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what counts as a multiplayer game… I guess games with more than one players?

I used to play games on nitrome where you could play two or more on some and they were really fun. I also loved playing bomberman with my friends on the ds. You could be up to 8 players and there was sooo much customization to the game play. It was amazing! :heart_eyes: So yeah, bomberman on the ds was great in multiplayer mode. The regular mode not as much.

Mao is the best card game for a lot of players. It’s super fun. I should do a rule thing for that game… but I don’t remember the rules. Ugh sad thing. Also the card game which I call “the sign” is pretty fun.

wasn’t the point of mao that there are very few preset rules and you kept making them up
also you’re not supposed to say them cause that would be cheating

1 Like

Yes! And that was awesome! But you said stuff in the game and I don’t remember them at all.

But yes, someone made up a new rule without telling the others what that rule was and gave out punishment cards etc. I just can’t remember like… how the game went lol

i wonder if it could be adapted for the forums well

1 Like

Yeahhh! But I mean… at least one has to know the rules to play at all. But the first time I payed I was really confused because they never told me how to play it. Lol

Ooo!!! :heart_eyes: maybeee! We can think of a way.

It would be nice if discobot had cards too and not just a dice

oh true… that would make it hard :thinking:

1 Like

Hm… maybe we could make it into a word game instead…

there’s gotta be some good way to adapt it…

a card thing would need someone to like constantly pm people with their cards and keep intense track of all the cards

1 Like

To be fair, most board games (rather than video games) are the best multiplayer games. Mainly 'cause they’re usually for 3+ players, whereas video games are usually best for one to two.
Though I thing that either Cards Against Humanity or Jackbox Games are the best large group party games.

2 Likes

Definitely! Most board games I’ve found are designed for around 4-6 players, so work well for groups. Although some video games are fun, they’re a lot harder to bring more people into.

Cards Against Humanity is great for groups, although I should probably recommend the family friendly version Apples to Apples

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity (sobbing)