The Chaotic Anime Shop

Hey all! I thought of a great idea that I think my particular skills would be quite nicely adjusted to!

Those skills, of course, being a huge nerd and a massive anime nerd especially. Like, I don’t have a My Anime List because it would take too long to find all of the anime I’ve watched. Generally, if you give me a title I can tell you what I think and if it might be up your alley.

I’m also getting back into anime these days, so I’ll even be sort of up to date with modern shows soon enough!

The basic idea, let me know what kind of thing you’re looking for! Genre, shows or books that you like, films, etc. And I’ll let you know an anime that might be right up your alley!

of course this isn’t foolproof but it’s worth a try :smiley:

14 Likes

Of course you’d open this.

Anyways, I’m looking for anime that are dark, gory, mysterious, and horror? Sort of like Another or Elfen Lied? Also like Corpse Party—just not as bad. Is that too vague? I feel like that’s too vague.

3 Likes

Dark, gory, mysterious?

I would kinda like to say Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, but that’s more action fantasy than horror. pupa would also be a shout but it’s bad. Anime just hasn’t done horror all that well yet, like. The Junji Ito collection was supposed to be anime’s big hurrah in terms of horror, since Ito’s manga are actually terrifying. But nah, it’s bland and a little crap.

I think I’m just gonna come out and say it. Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, or ‘When They Cry’ is probably what you’re looking for.

If you want more gore than horror, Mirai Nikki, or ‘Future Diary’.

2 Likes

I’ll check them both out. Would you recommend the dubbed or the subbed?

2 Likes

A shy/quiet female protag. Who isnt forced to “break outta her shell” any genre

Not kimi ni todoke
Not silent voice

2 Likes

Subbed, personally. Though dubbed is fair enough from what I remember

2 Likes

Akame ga Kill, kinda? She’s more antisocial than shy though.

I would kinda say Yuki Yuna is a Hero would be quite good, or maybe even Twin Star Exorcists? Anime isn’t that good in the whole women thing yet. It’s getting there, though. Slowly, but surely.

oh, Violet Evergarden as well

2 Likes

Eh antisocial shy introverted any will do.

Sadly females dont get good moments >-<

2 Likes

I know a lot of great love interests and female leads that are how you described, but not many protagonists

2 Likes

I’d also say Shakugan no Shana in that case as well then!

That was my favourite anime for a long time because of how adorably introverted and antisocial the main character is

1 Like

Ive heard of tht the melonpan girl x3
I should check it out

2 Likes

Yes her

It’s such a good show, the romance is adorable, the action is solid, the music is amazing I LOVE IT

2 Likes

Thanks if you can think of anymore(or manga) let me know

2 Likes

Shy, awkward guys? Definitely My Hero Academia. Deku is the cutest thing ever

3 Likes

Id prefer girls mainly cuz ik a lotta guy MCs

3 Likes

Bump!

1 Like

Are there any animes on netflix that you would recommend?

I’m up for any genre

1 Like

Seven Deadly Sins is worth a watch, I would recommend it at leastjust for a try, it might be up your alley.

I don’t watch too many on Netflix, they change their roster too often but if FMA: Brotherhood is still there watch that for sure

2 Likes

Okay thanks :joy: I’ll definitely try them!

1 Like

IT IS

1 Like