The Chaotic Gaming Shop

Ooo :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

Good open-world games?

1 Like

I mean I’ve never really played a game for its world design personally, so I dunno what people really mean when they talk about ‘linear’ ‘open-world’ etc. but I hear Ubisoft is kinda the master at those. So the recent Assassin’s Creed games, FAr Cry, etc.

I really enjoyed Horizon: Zero Dawn, personally. I heard a lot of people calling that an open-world game?

2 Likes

I have this game and it’s amazing. I love the character development of Aaron throughout the game and how the people of her village are so afraid of technology and worship it

2 Likes

It’s part how the world is built, part how the narrative works. Just games that let you actually explore the world that you’re in and are more self-paced (like BotW and GTA V, i hear skyrim also does things like that)

2 Likes

i’ll have to check it out

2 Likes

Oh. But you are kinda railroaded in games like those through missions, difficulty and the like. I’m just interested, really, I tend to just like well-built worlds regardless of how open they are. I really enjoy Final Fantasy X and that game is massively linear, but it also has a far more interesting and vibrant world than both Skyrim and BotW combined.

But that does make sense

1 Like

Loogie do you know any really terrifying horror games I could at least watch a let’s play of :joy: I think you know me well enough to guess what kind of Horror :wink:

1 Like

Genuinely terrifying? You’ve already played the Silent Hill games :joy:

I know you like the gore side of things and also traditional horror more than psychological. So I’d recommend Fatal Frame or Calling. Not the Calling, just Calling. It was a Wii game centred around phones, very rad idea with some really cool atmospheric horror.

Fatal Frame is an absolute classic series about defeating ghostly apparitions with a magical camera. Some of the atmospheric buildup, backstory, set dressing and ghost designs are absolute genius

1 Like

Hehehe you know me :joy: I’ll be checking those out

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity