~ The Court Ascendant ~ Sign-ups & Chat

Ok sorry just weeding through messages now

1 Like

Could I play as somebody’s parents?

2 Likes

I’ve got just a few questions.

Would the powers run in families? Like for example, say that a character’s power is matter transmutation and they can, as an example, turn stone into gold, would the rest of their bloodline likely have similar variations of matter transmutation as well? Or maybe telekinesis is predominant in a family and the only way they would likely have a different power is if they took after the power of a different parent.

At what age does someone’s powers become prevalent?

And how long has it been since the meteor? At least a couple generations I’m guessing?

3 Likes

Hey what year is it in this RP?

1 Like

Like another character’s parents? I mean, yea I’ll allow it. Could make for some interesting tension/drama.

1 Like

Or I could make a very old man who’se looking for a wife as well? Like a creep or something

1 Like

I mean you could. doesn’t mean he’ll succeed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry I have another character in mind whose looking for a wife … Except not for himself, and a husband, also not for himself, so I won’t mind if none of my characters end up not married.

1 Like

Oh my god though, I’m so happy I can finally use my beloved

No, the powers come from the meteorites themselves. Think radiation, like Chernobyl except non-lethal. So for a few decades these meteorites have been irradiating their respective provinces with this foreign non-lethal radiation. Now, you can have a character with their power be completely different if for example they were born during holiday (vacation) in another province than the rest of the family. So you could still have that scenario with the different powers if that’s what you were wondering.

About 25 years, so enough time for society to adjust properly to the new normal.

3 Likes

dang I was thinking since you were using Bridgeton as Inspo and that is roughly regency era (1811 – 1820) that was more the era we were talking about compared to the more Georgian/gothic Era (1714-1815ish)

2 Likes

I know I might end up changing it to 1811, I just remembered there was a war in 1812 and didn’t know how that would conflict with everything that will go on in this Rp…

:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I mean honestly there is going to probably be a war some where that we will have to pretend doesnt exist or what not for the sake of the rp

2 Likes

Well no, The Regency Era was also alivein the 1790s, so don’t worry, nothing would change with 1801 being the year

3 Likes

You could also make it in 1815, I think that’s when the Napoleon wars ended and there wasn’t another war the British army took part in until 1817 if I’m not mistaken, so you could make it that. Also since my char is a soldier it would make sense that he returns home after the Napoleonic wars, but since this is your RP and you already made a paralel place, you could also make up your fake wars and stuff like that.

3 Likes

Name: Ines Leroux Chapelle
Court: Court de Magie
Power: Protection (Abjuration)
Limitation: Ines has the power of protection, but that only limits her to protection that doesn’t include healing. She could give people luck as well, but that only works on a single person at a time and she could not take the luck she gave to her father away so until her father dies she will not be using that power on anybody else. Nobody was there to teach her magic but a single book so if somebody strong enough came along she could not be able to protect herself even considering her powers. Her fear of fire also makes her protection weaker against it than other things.
Rumors:

• Her mother started the fire Ines saw spreading as a child and died there, being too stupid to realize how lucky she was before leaving, her life fell apart and she came back, only to be consumed by the flame of jelaousy when she saw the men she lusted for being with other women. The fire Ines saw was said to be to big and spontaneous to not be made by magic.
  • Her father was secretly seeing another woman and some argued that he killed Ines’ mother
  • A dead body was found by the river, mutilated by rocks and half eaten by animals, a dress nowhere to be seen and a face unable to be recognized. People who don’t believe the fire killed Ines’ mother tend to think that body was hers
  • People say that the mother left because Ines’ father made another woman pregnant who gave her child a protection power and when the mother left, the father tried to spin it on her being mad and the woman was hired as the child’s maid.
  • Some say that even though at first Ines’ grandparents on her mother’s side disliked her, but the figured some things she knows could’ve only been learned by the interfierence of her grandparents so they seem to think they are on good terms.

(Should I PM you and tell you which ones are true and which ones are lies?)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Bio: Ines was born to a woman who gave her the abillities of Court de Magie. Ines’ mother was a woman with good enough connections to be considered as a marriage prospect to men with an estate, she only needed to pick a proposal from the ones that could actually manage it. However, she accepted a proposal from a man in the clergy and regret it ever since although he didn’t, but to be fair, no man she wanted did want her back. Her mother, having the power of fire manipulation, was a bit hotheaded. She often acted as if she was better than her husband and she acted selfish, rude and she often made him frustrated. She kept saying how she had better choices to marry and how he should be lucky to have such a high ranking lady for his wife. Since the father never had any powers, the mother thought Ines, their first and only child, would inherit the mother’s power or something like it, but the father’s presence changed that. While the mother was pregnant he feared she might not make it and he also feared for the child. He drew a celctic protection symbol under the wife’s bed and due to that, Ines was born with a protection abillity. The mother was so dissapointed that Ines didn’t get a strong enough power that she blamed everything that ever happened to her on him and left leaving her wedding ring behind. Nobody knows what happened to her after that. Meanwhile, Ines’ father got tired of looking for his runaway wife and he only focues on raising their daughter. He taught her how to read and made her very accomplished. She is shy, however, not having a female role mother who could teach her things only females know, even thought her father tried somethings he could not teach her, and she learned how to rough it. However, only being around one elderly cook, her maid and her father, she never really became very feminine and she never learned how to play the game. Thus she became shy since her first social event showed her how women could be vindictive and coy and she never wanted to have to be like that. Her father thought it would be a good idea for Ines to be present at societal affaird since she was his only child and the age of 16 was a great time for her to learn enough about society she couldn’t have learned from her mother, at least that’s how her father puts it. However, that didn’t go up to plan so her father thought at the age of 17 would be a great time for his daughter to start looking for a man for when he is gone, knowing that a parish can’t be inherited by a woman. If he were able to, Ines’ father would’ve made changes, but he knew the societal rules and that even if he put her name in his will, nothing would be given to her and she would have to live on the streets. Since his health is deteriating because he’s becoming an old man, he’s started thinking about how his death will affect his daughter and if she finds nobody until he’s dead she will be turned to the streets no matter how smart, well read or accomplished she is. Ines is using her power of protection to keep death from coming for her father, giving him as much good luck to survive anything as she can, but she can’t keep it for a very long time because nothing natural can keep death away forever and she doesn’t want anything to do with necromancy or the likes. And she really wants to get married to any man she can knowing it will satisfy her father. She doesn’t care about having to live on the streets, she does know how to do some chores and she never cared about high society so if she has to work to survive, she can, but she could never see her father dissapointed because he tried so hard during his life for her to be cared of and not to have to do any manual labour for her life. I suppose Ines has daddy issues because he was such a good father to her she could never find a man as good as him if she ever attempted to find what she wanted.
Likes: Reading and studying from the magic book her father got her for her to understand magic better since nobody who knows it was there to teach her, jokes and comedy, music and dancing, botany and studying flowers, investigating and figuring out patters, treehouses
Dislikes: confrontation, long parties, embarrising situations, her father dying before he could see her be taken care of, being beaten by a stick, fire (she’s afraid of it since she’s once seen it’s spread), poverty (just because she’s confident she could take it, doesn’t mean she wants to), being drunk, having to sing.
Skills: Playing the piano, painting, making her own paint from flowers, embroidery, making healing potions, dancing, she’s a speedy runner, quoting books and empathy, sewing and suturing.
FC:

1 Like

Oh wait @Bluecookies I can’t PM you about the rumors and secrets because your profile is private, so to talk about the possibility of this character, you’ll have to PM me

Sorry for all the questioning, I just want to make sense of it all

Ok so it’s entirely random for what power they could develop? Well, random within the type of powers for that province.
I just would’ve imagined that it would have become an inheritable trait or that blood relatives would have mutated similarly from the same radiation.

So it’s based solely on where they were at birth? Someone could spend months in the womb in province A, only to be born in B, and even if they never spend a second in B for the rest of their life, never stepping foot out of A, they would still develop the powers for B. Just because they spend that first instant of their life there, that decides their power? They could have been exposed to a large amount of radiation from one province, but the smallest amount from another is enough to give them a different power.

Ok so that’s where it really doesn’t make sense to me that the key for deciding their power is where they were born. If they spend 13 years and 364 days in one province, why should that 1 day being that they were born decide the power when it’s because of the radiation?
If it’s decided by the time they’re born, I imagine it would make more sense for it to be based on which province their mother spent most of the pregnancy in/what exposure the parents had

Also, what about people who would have been born before the meteor? Did they develop powers? What powers would they have developed then since there weren’t meteors and radiation when they were born?

Ok so around the time/just before most of these characters should have been born then. Their parents would have known the time before the meteors.

1 Like

I mean, I did say I didn’t have a plot for a full rp (hence the seasons) so I’m making this up as I go along (with all the questions) and fine tuning it later

2 Likes

Shoot I made my character’s powers inherited

2 Likes