~ The Court Ascendant ~ Sign-ups & Chat

ill join

1 Like

Wait, if somebody is in a family, does it mean everybody from that family is going to be from the same court? Could it also be possible if say, the elder brother is from court 1 but the younger sister is from court 2 and hold their powers that she could be sponsored by court 1 becuase her brother is sponsoring her?

2 Likes

Hmmm… :thinking:

If the older brother is the head of the family and the one responsible for introducing her to suitors, then I would say yes.

1 Like

Also, is it set in the past? You never mentioned. You said it was based on Bridgerton but that doesn’t necesarrily mean that if you made a simmilar plot that it would take place in the past as well

2 Likes

It is set in the past. So up until the meteor it was normal Victorian society. Then the meteor came and split up into four parts. Which eventually split the country into four provinces where people of similar status and powers could live and raise families. The king and queen thought it best to divide the people so they don’t unite and overthrow them with these sudden and dangerous abilities.

1 Like

And then of course, courting took a drastic change too. Now as well as money and status, families look at a suitor’s power when considering who their son or daughter will marry, and how the family can use it.

1 Like

Okay so I’ve made this character that’s Regency/Victorian (Also Bridgerton isn’t Victorian but Regency but that doesn’t matter) for another RP that was based on Bridgerton which never took off and I love my character so much. I have a few questions? Can I take that character, twist him a little bit and put him in here?
Also that character of mine has a brother and a sister and their stories are amazing too, but I didn’t fully create the siblings, actually it was made by another user on here but she left the forums and she won’t liely return here so I thought, in order to use my character I could use the ideas of the characters we made together and tweak it a bit, unless somebody wants to play the brother and/or sister and remake the characters.
Also the FCs, I noticed they don’t need to be historical? Or is that FC you used not according to the rules?

2 Likes

Pm me levi i would be willing to talm about making a brother if you want

2 Likes

That would be great, to make sense with the backstory of my character though, you character would have to witness something traumatic happening to everybody in the family but him, maybe. PM if you want that.

2 Likes

Yea, if that character excites you, go for it!

Also you can use historical but I’ll allow modern FCs since it can be hard to find “the perfect one”. The outfits however must be historical.

2 Likes

Awesome, I’ll link his original backstory, don’t worry I’ll tweak it to make him go to an actual war in this setting not in that setting, and I’ll change it to have him have powers. Would there be some type of millitary torture that would prevent soldiers from Court Vigor to not be able to use their powers so they could not escape and could not defend themselves?

1 Like

:eyes:

I mean…there can be a commanding officer with a strong power to keep soldiers in line. One with royal authority to kill deserters or something.

1 Like

Great, that helps, thanks

Also, have fun reading this, you can for sure skim through because it’s … a little lenghty

2 Likes

Can I reserve a male and female character?

3 Likes

Name: Marada ifuru Jaloe
Court: Court de Mente
Power: Emotion Manipulation
Limitation: To do this Marada has to be like close to the person
Rumors: That she killed her own father, had a fallen out with her former best friend (Lady Morombum) because of something concerning with Lady Morombum father (rumored to be an affair or something close to that. But seriously what the fck is with people and making rumors about her that involve fathers?)
Sexuality: bisexual
Bio: Mara Jaloe, the first daughter of Count Jaloe and Countess Jaloe, has always been a mysterious child with rumors following her. A very beautiful girl with a very terrific personality, but then again, beauty is terror. Whatever we call beautiful, don’t we quiver before it? Anyways, growing up, Mj never had the best relationship with her father—she hated him, despised him. If Mj ever had the chance to kill him, to destroy him, she would, or would she? Count Jaloe has always been a very resentful and abusive man. Ladies would run away when the heads of the houses would offer them to be married to the Count, knowing of what they might experience in the Count’s hands. Men would quiver in fear when walking near him, worried they might upset him and, like the bomb the Count was, he would explode. All those women who escaped from being married off to the Count were all quite lucky, and they were right about what they might experience if they did in fact marry the Count: a life filled with sadness. Lady Raina, a very beautiful girl from a well-off family, fell for the count. She had heard about his terrible anger and his personality but thought she could change him. He was handsome, and she had seen him smile once. It was as if he had the sun and moon for a soul. She had fallen in love with his smile. She had begged her father to arrange a marriage between her and the count, whom her father reluctantly agreed to do, and then she became Lady Jaloe. Life wasn’t bad for Lady Jaloe. She was happy. It seemed like all that talk about the count was merely rumors… right? Of course not, all those talk about him were simple the truth. After the birth of MJ, Count Jaloe revealed his personality. Count Jaloe started to show why he was called “the monster of the country”. He would find any and every opportunity to hit his wife and scream at MJ, calling them the worst mistakes he had ever made.

Life didn’t get better for the mother and MJ after the birth of their twin daughters. Especially since the doctor had revealed that this would be the last child that the count and Lady Jaloe would be able to have, since Lady Jaloe’s womb has become damaged. This enraged Count Jaloe. What was the use of having three daughters and no sons? Who will inherit all this after he dies? Anger and hatred grew in him as he began to see his “family” as scum and not worth being near him. He would put them through extreme torture. During their birthdays, instead of a fun celebration, he would make them walk through burning coal barefooted.

When Marada had turned 16, and had her debutante ball, the Count had planned to marry her off to a man in his 20s, a man whom the Count liked and wished to be the inheritor of his riches. Marada didn’t want to marry the man and refused. Out of anger, the Count had slapped her, and the next day he was found dead. That was the first and last day the Count laid his hands on Marada, and after that, Marada fought to become the head of Count Jaloe. She had stated that it didn’t matter if she was a woman, she could do it, and anyone who disagreed could eat sh!t. Thus, Marada became the head of the house, making the public outraged as it was a woman in such a high position, but after everything that had happened to Marada, MJ couldn’t give a fck about their opinions on how she wouldn’t be a good leader. Marada later proved them wrong and became one of the most feared people with her powers (which were still quite the mystery to people).
Dislikes: her dad, lady Morombum, people, gossipers, people with green eyes.
Skills: Speaks 4 languages, is good at fencing and embroidery

FC:

1 Like

:cold_sweat:

4 Likes

Yes, you can!

2 Likes

Name: Beau Nicodemus Kim
Court: Court de Magie
Power: illusionist
Limitation: they can only manipulate a specific number at a time, and trying to control more can cause them pain or to faint

Rumors: ran off with a commoner who was then killed by his elder brother and was dragged back to his house (that’s the reason people believe that no one had heard of lord Nico for a year) is actually a redhead, is actually a blonde, prefers girls with long hair? slept with a lot of different people and he fell in love with a widow who killed her husband
Sexuality: undecided
Bio: Nico has always been said to be quite the fun guy. He was friends with everyone and supposedly had been between everyone’s legs. Born on May 25th, Nico was said to be miracle child. It was believed that Nico would die in the womb just like his twin, but Nico had survived. He was born quite the sick child with a lot of problems and always needed attention. Luckily, at the age of 5 Nico became healthier. He started acting like the other children and running around and doing exercises that required strength. He found love in pranks and wouldn’t stop pranking his friends and family, using his illusions to cause all sorts of troubles for laugh. He always made sure not to take things to far though, as he cared for those he loved way to much to harm them. On Nico’s 17th birthday he suddenly disappeared, no one heard from him, everyone was panicked trying to figure out what happened. They didn’t find Nico until one year later, being carried by his brother. No one knows why Nico ran away or why he had returned with dust in his pants and a cut on his neck which later turned out create a tree like scar on his neck.
Likes: singing, making friends, flirting, spicy stuff, his family, anything unique, interesting people
Dislikes: reality at times, people who hurt the one’s he loves, people who spread rumors about others, the color orange, things way to sweet (except for cakes)
Skills: musically talented, dance, a good liar, good at sword fighting, hand to hand combats.
FC:

ok im done with my characters

3 Likes

I would be ok to talk about ideas and get more info @LunaticLeviTheSecond

2 Likes

Yeah I PMd you

2 Likes