The egg drop experiment

The egg drop experiment is a fun thing people tend to do in school, basically you’re given limited resources and you have to make a thing that will protect an egg from breaking when it is dropped at different heights.

@Students

Have any of you done this?
If so did your egg break?

Would you like me to list the resources so you can tell me what you’d make? :smirk:

Wait… that’s a thing people do in school? Fun is not a word to describe schools here.

1 Like

Yeah! It’s definitely common to do it in the UK in school :joy: but just incase people need an example of what the experiment is:

1 Like

Babbbbyyyy Eeef
I want to do that :anguished:

1 Like

It’s good fun!
Most people I know including me just kinda wrapped the egg up alot
Others try to make a parachute :joy:

1 Like

Oml—

wait I school!? My school do even give free apple so how EGG?!

If I did this in home I am so dead by my parents :skull:

1 Like

Yeah? :joy:
Did people really not do this in school? It’s so common here

1 Like

Where are you from?!

Lol it’s don’t even give apple

The UK :joy:
We did it during physics and during a fun week

1 Like

You have Physical activities in school?..

1 Like

I’m not in school anymore lol
Well I’m in uni
But yeah in school and the schools of many people I knew we’d have practical lessons where we actually did things, obviously the egg drop one is fun so we did that in like, year 7, (age 11-12)

1 Like

I never did this in school lmfao

Oh my gosh yes!! I remember doing that in primary school! It was a really long time ago, so I don’t remember if the egg broke, but I remember doing it. :joy:

2 Likes

We did that back in 5th grade, we were separated into some groups and had to drop an egg from the second floor without breaking it while also coming up with a creative solution, so even though just wrapping it in paper would have made the egg survive you’d get deductions for the idea being boring lol

My team basically created a spiky ball out of straws and paper so it would land on the straws without breaking the egg, it worked but I don’t remember if we won-

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity