The Game Awards 2021

The game awards were actually hosted at 1AM my time so I couldn’t watch them but I was able to see the winners later.

It Takes Two won game of the year and it’s an insanely good game so that makes sense.

Obviously I do think there are some flaws to the awards and I’m not a giant fan of award ceremonies in general however it is fun to look at the games that won in every category, if anyone wants me to make a list to save you the google let me know!

@Gamers

So what do you guys think of the game awards?
Did you see them?

2 Likes

There are gaming awards?

Yes

Cool. Is there a link to see the winners and nominees?

Honestly it’s just easier to look it up or I can make a list, I would link it but for some reason every article and website has laid it out really badly so it’s hard to read :joy: but if you google it they should be listed as the top result

Try this

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, that’s what I was asking. (sweat_smile) I was just curious if there was a site link to see them all. Cheers.

1 Like

WOW! There’s such a wide range when it comes to the nominees. That’s cool.

1 Like

It Takes Two is a rad game, so I guess it’s deserved. Personally my favourite game I saw among the winners and nominees is Life is Strange: True Colours. A beautiful game with especially good storytelling. I guess I understand why it wasn’t nominated for best game, as it basically is a one time play only and very plot focused, but it’s an amazing experience. So I am happy they won the best storytelling!
Personally I’m not much of a gamer though, so most of the games didn’t sound familiar to me :joy:

It’s not the kind of game I’m into but I’ve seen a couple of streams and it’s pretty deserving of the award in comparison to the nominees.

And don’t worry about the rest not sounding familiar, the event was sponsored by Amazon and surprise surprise one of their games that was literally broken when it came out was nominated so, needless to say alot of the nominees were questionable :joy:

1 Like

Also some of the categories are kinda vague like
What on earth is Player Voice

1 Like

i have Alex Chen as my discord pfp from this game :green_heart:

1 Like

probably the person who voiced the character :rofl: idk voice over maybe

Lol, yeah, then it makes a bit more sense :joy:

Ooh, very rad! She really is an interesting character

1 Like

Just incase you guys are wondering how the awards are voted for

The only one that is 100% fan voted is most anticipated game

The rest are a combination of votes and desicions by a group of people

I don’t know how the nominee’s are selected but as I mentioned before, Amazon was sponsoring the event so their game made it onto some lists. Despite as I said being literally unplayable for weeks after it came out.

The rest of the nominee’s seem to come from the first page of Twitch :joy: which is possibly just a coincidence buttttt kinda highly coincidental.

Closed due to inactivity