The honeymoon phase

The honeymoon phase is the first part of a new relationship where you feel on top of the world. I am so far in this phase right now. We’ve been dating for three days, and we talked two hours ago. I’m lonely. Yes, I’m ranting.

4 Likes

I’d really be careful because nice guy or not, it’s only been three days

3 Likes

Right. I am. I guess I’m just a little starved for affection right now. I know to be careful.

2 Likes

I love the honeymoon phase. I was in it for the longest time and sometimes when it wears off it starts all over again and I’m reminded why I fell in love with the person I am with.
I was also taught that just because the honeymoon phase disappears doesn’t mean you should feel that you aren’t loved and that you are a burden. If you feel like this there are some red flags so I always watch out for that too.

I get this so much omg. I’m a very touchy person and my love language is touch.

What about you @Discussions ?

• Have you ever experienced the honeymoon phase?
  • If you have when it went it away did you miss it?
  • Does the honeymoon phase ever come back for you?
2 Likes

Yes…

Kinda? I was more enthusiastic about things

Err idk?

2 Likes

Yes, interestingly enough.

Well to be honest, I’m far enough into my own maturity and growth that it’s been a long time where it’s stopped. Honestly, I feel still on top of the world but in a healthy way where I still manage to love my significant other very much as much as I love myself. I fit room in my heart for both them and I and we are still managing our own lives peacefully and good enough with each other’s help from time to time.

I don’t think the honeymoon phase is inherently harmful. If anything, based on the given definition on this thread, I think you guys are talking about having an infatuation with someone, not a true relationship.

I think everyone should be sort of in that honeymoon phase with their partners for as long as you are together, so not even a phase. They should always be looking to be better and happier together. You obviously don’t always have to feel the best in a relationship, don’t take me for saying otherwise, but I think it’s best to be in a relationship for good purpose to help each other grow and feel loved. That practice shouldn’t ever stop.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity