The idea of doing makeup for yourself and not anyone else

A common question that is asked to anyone who wears makeup is ‘who are you doing it for?’. Sometimes, there’s an answer, whether it’s a friend or date, but other times, there really isn’t and you’re wearing makeup for the sake of wearing makeup. What do you think of the idea of doing makeup for yourself and not anyone else?

@BeautyEssentials

4 Likes

i think it’s awesome to wear makeup for yourself!! but if you want to wear makeup to look nice or impress someone else, that can be okay, as long as you aren’t forcing yourself to do something you hate or to be uncomfortable. I think it’s annoying when people assume you’re wearing makeup soley for someone else or for them, though!

I love doing my makeup because it’s fun, because I like the way I look when my makeup looks awesome, and because I have more energy when I like the way I look.
I don’t hate how I look without makeup, nor do I use it to ‘cover up’— though I love it when my foundation evens out my skin tone. But I do tend to feel lazier and less productive on the days that I don’t wear makeup.

I’m always wearing makeup for myself and others. It’s fun and it makes me feel more confident. I’ve never, never done it for someone else and would never do it

1 Like

stabs self in eye by accident

Personally I find the question somewhat insulting like, if you’re a girl doing literally anything then as far as people are concerned there has to be a man involved in the reasoning. Like when people say Miley Cyrus does everything she does just to annoy her father etc anyway it just bugs me :joy:

I think everyone I know does make up for themselves, as they should, it’s their face.

Closed due to inactivity