The Isekai genre of anime

Honestly a genre of anime that gets used a lot which I noticed people don’t know the word for is Isekai. It’s literally when the protagonist gets sent into a world/setting that isn’t theirs, it’s usually a fantasy setting or even a video game. Think of:

• No Game, No Life
  • Konosuba

It’s a pretty fun concept to use and some things are even quite unique with it!

So @AnimeNerds do you have any questions or any further examples?

2 Likes
  • The beginning after the end
  • Tales of Demons and Gods
  • Who made me a princess
  • Trash of the count’s family
  • I’ll be the Marchioness of this family/I shall master this family
  • The villainess turns the hourglass
  • I’ll just live on as a villainess
  • Medical Return
  • I raised Cinderella preciously
  • The villainess is a marionette
  • Say ah, the golden spoon is entering
  • The villainess lives twice
  • I was born as the demon lord’s daughter
  • In another world with my smartphone
  • Into the light once again
  • That time I got reincarnated as a slime
  • So I’m a spider, so what?
  • They say I was born a king’s daughter
  • The lady’s butler
  • Daughter of the emperor
  • The reason raeliana ended up at the duke’s mansion
  • Ginger and the cursed prince
  • A tender heart

I could go on forever, but I highly recommend all that I’ve listed. Oh wait, most of those are still mangas/manhwas, but there are a few in there that are animated now. (in another world with my smartphone, tales of demons and gods, that time i got reincarnated as a slime etc.)

1 Like

I couldn’t finish this before it went off Netflix, and I’m mad.

Ooof I hope you find it somewhere else, I didn’t enjoy it personally but I know a lot of people really liked it

1 Like

It’s extremely stupid, but it’s a good stupid.

1 Like

I don’t mind the stupid, the sibling stuff was just a bit icky to me :joy:

1 Like

Yeah. I think they’re step siblings. And Shiro’s eleven.

1 Like

Yeahhhh I know she’s 11 tbh I don’t remember how bad the show was with all that, I remember the fanbase being a lil weird.

1 Like

I felt pretty awkward about it. The OP is beautiful, though. It’s funny because the OP makes you think the anime’s going to be bad@ss, but it’s just crack.

1 Like

Is it the Manhwa?
I’m reading :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Istg the villainess trope is overused

1 Like

Yes, but those three are my favorites in terms of the villainess trope, they are each unique and excellent.

1 Like

@Ouijaloveletters and @anon68003072 The animation itself is stellar, just that one GOD character with the bi-colored EVERYTHING (eyes, clothes etc.) must have been pure hell to animate. Alas, I lost interest after the first 10 minutes. BEST intro song ever though. I bought that song.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s one of my most favorite. The other one I love way too hard for seemingly no reason is the redhead from “I shall master this family/I shall be the marchioness of the family!” LOVE LOVE LOVE that little girl! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Jabril? I think.

2 Likes

I’d recommend trying to get back into it. It gets better…and raunchier. Sora, CALM DOWN.

1 Like

Is it coincidence that Arthur is also redhead? :joy:

1 Like

I guess

• Omniscient Reader’s Viewpoint
  • The Maid and The Vampire

Are also isekai manhwas

1 Like

The artist in me must point out that Arthur’s hair is “auburn” (seriously just another shade of redhead LMFAO).

1 Like

Gotta add those to my list to read.

1 Like

Just heads up The Maid and The Vampire is kinda more about romance stuff. So I recommend the first one more

1 Like