The Languages Thread!

Me too. I’m tryna learn how to read it better without the symbols.

1 Like

Use duo! Maybe soon we could have a Arabic pm

3 Likes

That would be a really good idea!

2 Likes

Régularement, c’est les vacances des printemps, mais maintenant, à la place d’une semaine, il y a trois semaines des vacances.

2 Likes

Quoi? Est les vacances trois semaines? C’est formidable! :star2:

(Ughhh… my French lol XD)

2 Likes

Oui. Trois semaines. Peut-être plus. Et oui, c’est formidable maintenant, mais, les étudiants dans l’école pourraient perdre le semestre.

(Don’t worry, I’ve got Wordreference open)

2 Likes

Wait, let me take this in English (I’ll return to French in the next reply.)

You have a three weeks long break. But then you’ll lose a semester? I kind of don’t understand it… :see_no_evil:

(Oh I’m trying to do this from my head, and brain is quite empty.)

1 Like

Because they extended the break, we now lose two weeks of the semester. That’s two weeks of material. Now there’s talk that we might not return at all, so the high school kids would lose this entire semester, meaning that it would no longer count and we’d have to redo the courses we had this semester.

2 Likes

Oh, je suis désolée. :sweat:

Can’t you finish them online or something (if this is because of the corona thing…). Seems a bit wasted otherwise. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

C’est à la cause du COVID-19, mais le syndicat des professeurs sont en grėve et une des choses qu’ils n’aime pas de le nouveau plan d’éducation est ‘e-learning’, alors, les profs n’est pas certain si ils peuvent poster les leçons en ligne pour les étudiants.

2 Likes

D’autres écoles pouvons ce faire. J’espère que tes profs avions le faire aussi. :see_no_evil:

(Your French is clearly superior. XD)

2 Likes

Nooo I confused imparfait with the future tense lol :laughing: okay… I give up…

1 Like

Sammeee~

2 Likes

Well I know Dutch, English and a little German however I don’t really like to learn a new language :sweat_smile: I’m just not smart enough to learn new languages and I end up mixing them together

I do know some coding languages :rofl:

2 Likes

Ima try to translate.

It’s because of Covet 19, my stupid teachers ____ and they decided that they didn’t like the e-learning … I give up

2 Likes

The translation is:
It’s because of COVID-19 but, the teacher’s union is on strike and one of the things they don’t like about the new plan is e-learning, so, the teacher’s aren’t sure if they can post lessons online for the students

2 Likes

I… was close

You were on the right track

1 Like

XD

1 Like

In all fairness, I’ve been learning French at school since I was 10 and even learned some when I was 3 at Montessori school

1 Like