The Languages Thread!

So guys, this is a thread to talk about different languages, the ones that you know and get help from others on how to pronounce something. Basically, it’s a thread for all things language!

11 Likes

Is anyone else planning on teaching them self a language on duolingo whilst I we’re in lockdown? :upside_down_face::joy:

3 Likes

I keep losing motivation to learn Arabic, but yeah.

4 Likes

Same for me with Italian

3 Likes

I got my French trophy some months ago! :heart_eyes: I really don’t know anything… but I memorized the words that came up over and over again on Duolingo.

If you want to learn some Swedish I would be happy to help. :wink: :sweden:

3 Likes

I’m bilingual so I can talk in italian and arabic, however I struggle a lot with fus7a (if someone here can talk in it hit me up😔)

I struggle a lot with chinese and after 5 years of learning it I still don’t know anything :sob:

4 Likes

After 10 years of French classes and 5 years of going to a French school, I still only know the very basics of French. Like greeting people and some vocabulary, animals, colors etc. :broken_heart:

4 Likes

I would love to move to Sweden :sob:

3 Likes

Really? Why? :smile:

2 Likes

Better standards :sweat_smile: and I adore Scandinavian countries and their languages, I’m actually considering learning Swedish

2 Likes

Nice! :wink:

Oh, I’ll support you if you decide that you want to start learning Swedish! :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

I started up my Duolingo Japanese that I’ve been neglecting for several months.

1 Like

I live in Canada so we have to learn French from Grade 4 up until Grade 9. After that it’s optional. I’ve taken it every year since (I’m currently in Grade 11) and I know enough that I can have a basic conversation.

3 Likes

Oh very niceee! Then you know more than me.

Bonjour! :wink:

2 Likes

Bonjour, comment ça va?

2 Likes

Oui ça va, et toi?

1 Like

Ça va bien. J’avais resté à ma maison depuis vendredi, quand j’ai retourné de l’école.

2 Likes

I would like to speak more Arabic. My dad used to teach me alot, but now he just says random phrases :joy: I can read and recite fluently in Arabic, I just don’t know what it means.

I might learn Chinese or Korean someday too!

3 Likes

I’ve been neglecting my duolingo German for months now

2 Likes

Est-ce que tu aller à l’école?

Je dois resté à la maison (because of corona)

Yep, my French is the worst lol. Probably grammatically incorrect :laughing: I mean my English grammar isn’t that good either

1 Like