The Personality of a Gamer

So I really don’t think there can be a specific personality of every gamer in the entire world, but what are some common characteristics a gamer could have? And even then, is that just a media based group stereotype or is it what you’ve actually seen?

@Gamers @Discussions

4 Likes

These are just based on my assumptions –

• Competitive
  • Good strategizer
  • Can concentrate for long
  • Determined
  • Takes risks
  • Isn’t afraid or stressed out because of failure
1 Like

Observant

I don’t think there’s specific personalities tbh, some of them are really good and can’t play at all :sob: some of them are really nice :grinning:

Incredibly RAD!

Half right.
They either never do. Or they get way too stressed out and rage.

1 Like

Nah, it’s a spectrum.

1 Like

Same

1 Like

Personality is an underexposed yet intriguing topic. As of now, I personally don’t believe there’s a link between certain personality traits and playing video games. However, I do believe that some personality traits or personal preferences may influence the type of video games so perhaps we could find a link between certain types of games and certain personality traits.

e.g perhaps some people who turn to fighting games may want to let off steam but some might just like smashing buttons.

I definitely believe different types games improve certain skills that people have. For example, I believe that some rhythm gamers may have improved memory or maybe even improved patience because some gamers play the same songs over and over again in an attempt to master them.

1 Like

True there are many different people who play many different games and act in completely different ways.

Fanbases of certain games can gain a reputation as being aggressive, cringey, really welcoming or elitist. So there’s a whole range there.

I must say, I’ve never met a mean animal crossing player, that community is lovely in general.

Closed due to inactivity