The Selection - Official RP Thread

cooltext427968479023745
Amanda had settled in somewhat, and she was now ready to have some excitement. While surely the palace was fancy, it was also quite stiff and boring in Amanda’s eyes. She was ready to liven it up. She wasn’t sure whether she was allowed to, but truthfully, she couldn’t care less. She really wanted a beer, and she was gonna fix one, best bet where to find one? The kitchen. Trying to refind her way to the basement, where she remembered the kitchen was located, she walked in the wrong direction trice. Finally however, she found a stairway leading to the basement. “F*ck, this place is a maze” she said to herself out of frustration when she had walked down the stairs left with no idea in which direction the kitchen was. At that moment she had no clue either there had been someone who had heard her…

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Austin

1 Like

The first thing Austin had to do when she woke up from her nap was get dressed for the ball. From what her maids called rags , to the only dress she liked enough to wear. After fighting for too long with the maids, they discovered she liked the color green and she discovered there was no going her way. This wasn’t her father’s house anymore. She pretended like she was finally happy to go to the ball, but instead she went anywhere else. She found herself in a maze of rooms, trying not to get caught. At one moment she heard footsteps and was scared she would be seen, in her green gown, and either brough back to the ball she ‘lost her way from’ or she would be punished for snooping. However, she heard ‘F0ck this place is a maze.’ and visibly relaxed. She came down the stairs after the person to see who else was snooping around the place and discovered a girl, in clothes too good to be a maid and too poor to be part of any royalty. “What do you think you’re doing here young lady?” She asked in a stern voice, imitating a boy since she no doubt looked like one, trying to play a simple prank on her. The only thing she wants is a scared reaction from the girl before she reveals she’s one of the contestants.

@Jass

1 Like

Thomas smiled “Well I’m glad you don’t see it soo poorly … It sounds tragic … Your story. But the determination to not have it ruin the rest of your life is just … It’s amazing to see somebody determined not to let their castes and their injuries stop them from doing the best and doing what they want.” At that moment, Thomas realized what kind of a girl he wants to marry if he ever does. He realized Sanura, and the story of his brother doing what Thomas really wanted make them simmilar and he aspires to be more like her.
Thomas listened to her talk and only interrupted her once in a while. “I never said your parents are forcing you to work, I said they were forcing you to get married so you wouldn’t have to work … Considering your caste does manual labor and if you break your back doing manual labor you could be considered one of the Eights since you won’t be able to work anymore. But you could always do manual labor that doesn’t require any strain on your back … Like a typist, since you work with your hands it’s still considered manual labor.” He shut up and listened again.
“Oh well, all parents are like that. If my mother hadn’t died too young to have the talk with me about it, she would’ve told me she wanted grandkids.”

“Oh I can’t even imagine. I had physical therapy once when I broke my leg and had to start moving it again. It was agony and hard work so I can’t picture how hard it was for you, I can just imagine a tiny bit of how you felt because that is how I have felt once a long time ago.” He said.

“Well, I always wanted freedom from my parents … Then my father died. And I had freedom but it felt soo wrong … So I decided to fulfill my father’s lifetime wish … He always wanted to go to move and live here but never could … Because of me … He would’ve been free had it not been for me. So now I’m free, and living his wish becuase it feels freeing.” He kept saying.

“Well … I hope you consider me charming enough to be your friend.” Thomas answered.

@Meekepeek - Sanura

1 Like

cooltext427968479023745
As Amanda reached the basement, she suddenly heard a deep voice, seemingly a guard, say:

“What do you think you’re doing here young lady?”

The first thing she thought was she should have never spoken out loud, especially not with a swear. It was such a maze, it had felt empty so she had felt safe to do so. Sure, she didn’t give a damn about following the rules, but she didn’t want to be caught. That was part of the excitement in breaking the rules, why had she allowed herself to mess up, so early on as well. She needed to think, and quickly.

“Is it forbidden to be in the basement then, I didn’t think that was a rule?” her words came out more sassy than she had wanted. Still, she wasn’t planning on giving away her intentions for being there. She tried to recollect herself: “You know, my parents are chefs and they made me promise to check out the kitchen here so I wanted to have a better look” that wasn’t a full lie, as her parents had indeed been curious about the palace kitchen, but still her voice had trembled as she spoke. She realized in that moment that it might not be as easy being herself her as she had assumed, she might be a quick thinker and have her story straight, but she always had some tell when lying.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Austin

1 Like

cooltext428375031139515
Before getting on the plane, Leah had been sleeping one night in a hotel, where she had been told to bathe thoroughly and was given a fresh outfit. That outfit, a white t-shirt and black jeans Leah, were the first fully clean clothes she had worn her entire life. Every piece of clothing was second handed, and either contained scratches or stains. Leah wasn’t too bothered however, as usually they would get much more dirty by her wearing them. It was comfort what mattered, not cleanliness.
For this exact reason, it was even a bigger shock for her when once in the palace, her maids had presented her with the gowns she could select from for the dress she would wear the first evening. She had never seen a formal gown in person, let alone worn one. She settled on a simple blue dress, she did not want it to be embellished too much, it being a ball gown was already more than a change enough.
After her hair had been braided and the dress was put on with a stuggle, her maids had left her to settle in and rest, she realised she hadn’t eaten yet since her combined breakfast and lunch. She headed over towards the Ladies’ Room, hoping someone was there who could show her where she could prepare some food. No one was there when she arrived however, so she seated herself in one of the couches on the side of the room. Purposely hiding herself from those who would enter the room. Leah wasn’t necessarily shy, she simply was not used to being in this world and she wanted to see which way the cat jumps first. She was dozing off when she was awoken again by the sound of foodsteps approaching.

@Kristi - Dariana

Dress and hair

1 Like

ICECREAMYPERSONALUSE-Bold

She felt bad. Dariana felt extremely bad, her mother had given her cookies and all she could do was drop them on her bed and stare intensely at them. She will not eat them, she will not eat them and she wouldn’t but she felt bad. To make the guilt disappear she had told herself, ‘it would be a gift for my twin’ a gift from mother to her, Dariana bit her nails- a habit of hers she didn’t like but did when she was nervous or stressed. She sighed drinking a bottle of water, maybe she needed a walk. Yeah, Dariana bit her nails, she needed a relaxing walk.

Dariana walked around the palace in circles and thoughts, she was always lost in thoughts but at times she never really knew what she was even thinking, she just was. ‘i wonder where Austin is and if she’s happy’ Maybe she could bump into Austin somewhere here, Dariana smiled. When she had first met Austin, she could not believe they were twins and when Austin had dared to say that they had the same face- copy and paste- Dariana felt insulted because she hadn’t really taken a good look at Austin’s features and judged her too harshly based on her… on her tomboyish appearance, she’s glad now tho. She’s glad that she met Austin, even though at times from the letters, Austin could be so… Austin. Not that it was bad to be Austin or something, but sometimes Dariana wished that Austin behaved more ‘proper’ and wore dresses, skirts or feminine shorts instead of slacks on good days.

‘Ari, you’re young now but when you grow up you have to understand people don’t have to conform to your standards and you don’t always have to be perfect’

Her mom would usually tell her, that was true- people shouldn’t have to conform to her standards but sometimes her mind drifted of to a world filled with people that acted the way Dariana wished they did (impossible she knows, bad thinking she knows but as someone who wishes to be perfectly perfect… it was ‘normal’) for the other part, Dariana hated to say it but her mother was wrong. Mother is never wrong but the ‘you don’t always have to be perfect’ lesson was wrong. If her mother wasn’t such a goddess she would realize how important Dariana being perfect was. She could not be raised by her mother and not turn out, not turn out perfect. If humans weren’t perfect then Dariana didn’t want to be considered a human, she wanted to be whatever her mother was.

The truth was, it was easier to survive our lives than our skins and Dariana didn’t think her mother realized that. She smiled, her mother who was like the fragile moon could never understand that and Dariana was happy for that. Dariana longed to see her sister or write her mother a letter, she wanted to ask them, ‘are you ok?’ knowing that what she really wanted to say but for some reason couldn’t is, 'are you happy?"

She hoped they were happy and not just ok, because Dariana was ok but she wasn’t really that happy. It was better to be happy but not ok than ok and not be happy. At least your struggles could become tears and be wiped by a loved one, Dariana mused. She sure thought a lot, huh? Maybe she was not made out of skin and bones but of words. Yeah, Dariana believed when God said ‘let man be made in my image’ or of flesh and bones, when he breathed dust and turned it into flesh and bones, God only breathed words and wrapped it in dust when creating her. That was why she was an over thinker, she did not have enough bones or flesh to distract her from thoughts. It was like-

Dariana’s eyes widened as she almost tripped on something. She blinked seeing a girl, realizing that she was almost about to fall on her. “I sincerely apologize, I promise it was not my intention to almost wound you.” She told the brunette in the simple light blue dress. Dariana curtsied, “I’m Dariana, Dariana of providence Zuni” she said to the girl realizing she was another selected, Dariana wondered which providence she came from and her caste. She looked the brunette up and down, it was definitely not from a high caste, but that didn’t matter to Dariana and it shouldn’t. Her mother was never prejudice, so Dariana shouldn’t be too. Though, Dariana couldn’t but think of how it was a shame. If the girl was truly from a low caste, with a face like hers that would be a shame. The girl had a model like face, she could have made it big in the model industry. If she didn’t win the selection, Dariana hoped the girl married rich. It would be a shame to waste such a pretty face, in Dariana’s world, things like that wouldn’t happen.

@Jass - Leah

1 Like

Late Afternoon - Hallway - with Phoenix

Gemma wiped the tears from her eyes as she looked to a photo of her and Regan from before they got married. It had been over 20 years now since they met. All because she was lucky enough to be chosen from her province. Now 35 girls were in the palace to meet her son, just like she was all those years ago. How had time gone by so fast, when it all felt like just yesterday? It was overwhelming. A reminder of her own past, of her children growing up, and of how much she missed her husband and wished he could be there. The whole selection wasn’t going to be easy on her, she could tell that already. All she could do was be there to support her son, and be there for the selected girls as someone who was once in their shoes.

Speaking of the selected, Gemma didn’t expect to find one of the girls running into her. The girl immediately proceeded to apologize and attempt a curtsy. Gemma approached the girl, lightly placing her hand against the girl’s arm. “Don’t worry dear” she said softly. “There is nothing to be sorry for. Just tell me, are you alright?”

@phnx

3 Likes

Early Evening - Garden - with Cecelia

What is one supposed to do when they have the weight of the world on their shoulders and even a simple decision seems overwhelming? Beckett certainly didn’t know. He spent the morning working on a mountain of work, after all someone had to get it done. Just because he hadn’t been crowned king yet didn’t mean the work didn’t exist. Advisors were doing much of it, he wasn’t ready for it all, still grieving and adjusting to the responsibilities, and he had another priority requiring his attention, the Selection.

Ah yes, the Selection. 35 girls in his home, and one of them would become his wife, the future queen of Illea. The idea of meeting them all was nearly as much pressure as the idea of becoming king. He would be meeting them in less than 24 hours, he would be meeting his future wife in less than 24 hours. That was a lot to sink in.

Beckett tapped his pencil against the surface of the desk in his bedroom, he didn’t know what to do with himself, there was too much on his mind. Standing up, he tossed the pencil to the side and walked over to grab the book sitting on the bed. For a few minutes he tried sitting in his room to read, but he needed out. He couldn’t take it any longer. Book in hand, he snuck outside into the garden. None of the selected should be out there, they were all plenty busy inside.

Far into the garden, Beckett had been laying under a tree for nearly an hour reading when someone finally discovered him as the sun had just started setting. He didn’t look away from his book, not realizing who was standing there, thinking it was most likely a member of the palace staff. ”I know, I shouldn’t be out here. I just wanted to read for a while.” he said, still focused on his book.

@/astxrism

3 Likes

cooltext428375031139515
It had been one of the other Selected who had approached her, a young lady. Leah could in no way call herself a lady, the idea already made her feel uncomfortable. She was a lot of things, but for sure she wasn’t a lady. She didn’t possess the grace of someone you would consider a lady. This girl however, she truly was a lady. The way she carried herself, the way she spoke and the way she looked. Her oh so perfectly soft features, her stunning dress combined with her grace. There was no way this was not a Selected from a higher class. That worried Leah, as she had no clue what the proper etiquettes were, which words were the right ones to say, how to act, how to interact with the other Selected. While clearly the lady in front of her knew. In these situations, Leah’s strategy was to fall back on mirroring, acting in a similar way as the other person had been acting. This had proven a useful tactic for her in the past, especially when meeting new people. It had in fact lead to some of her better friendships.

In this moment, she had an instinct she had to get on her feet for this introduction, and quickly. She stood up, but had forgotten she was wearing heals. Therefore, she had twisted her ankle. Her dress had luckily prevent the accident from being visible, but it oh so noticeable to Leah, as she was in much pain. ‘Don’t show you are, don’t show it’ she told herself. She didn’t want her first impression with any of the Selected to be bad. More importantly however, she didn’t want to be vulnerable and confess she was pain because she was not used to wearing heals. She already felt out of place, she didn’t want to make it any worse for herself, especially with someone from a higher caste, so she decided to bite on the pain.

“It’s nice to meet you.” She curtsied as she said: “Leah Fisher, from the province of Yukon.” She took a breath, forced herself to smile at Dariana regardless of the pain and continued: “No need to apologise, no harm done.” her eyes went from Dariana to her ankle, as she was wounded, Dariana had not inflicted it on her. She didn’t want to put the focus on her ankle however, so she looked up to Dariana’s eyes again, hoping she could get away with it looking as if she had been checking Dariana out and asked softly: “How do you feel about being here?” she hoped this would give her some insight in Dariana, allowing her to simply listen and not have the focus on herself.

@Kristi - Dariana

{ her dress / Garden with Beckett / moodboard }

With the way Cecelia grew up, it isn’t strange for her to try to isolate herself and take this opportunity to get lost or just explore the palace since this is probably the last place in which she wants to get in trouble. Imagine what that would look like? She just got here, didn’t even get the chance to meet her potential husband, and already everyone knows about her because she did something wrong. How embarrassing that would be? She got the opportunity to leave her hometown, her family, so she surely didn’t want to mess this up and get sent back home. Even if maybe she wasn’t so sure about being here, if it was the smartest thing, the best thing that could happen to her she… She just didn’t want to go back home. Not yet at least.

So leaving her room and trying not to bump into any other girl that in this place represents her competition, and trust me when I say Cecelia had a problem with looking at people as her competition because of the way she grew up, she found herself in the strangest places. That happens when you try to avoid people and try to be sneaky. If you get lost and need some kind of direction around this huge palace, Cecelia could probably help you… Not really but I think you know what I’m trying to say here. Eventually she did find another way to get to the garden and avoid the main entrance where she could probably see other girls and guards which… Got her thinking. What was happening with everyone else right now? Yes, she wasn’t ready to meet anyone yet but was that what they were thinking? Is that also how they felt or was it just Cecelia? Was she missing out on something important that was happening now? Or was she missing out on meeting a friend that shared her views on this very first day?

As hard as she tried it was impossible not to see anyone walking around, so the moment she stepped outside hoping to find a garden she spotted people she could only assume were guards and other selected girls or… Maids? Or… It was really hard to tell and she didn’t want to assume anything but the girls were truly beautiful. For an example, a girl she’ll later find out was named Sanura, who got her hand kissed which was like… One of those sweet scenes out of many books Cecelia likes to read. If she was a prince that girl would be on top of her list. Was… Was she really concerned about that? Maybe Cecelia didn’t want to be a princess, maybe she wanted, maybe she… maybe she didn’t know what she wanted and that was completely fine. You can’t really tell anything when this whole thing starts tomorrow and you still didn’t get the full experience. Yes, Cecelia… There were some parts of her that wanted to be chosen because it’s not something she ever experienced but maybe at the end of the day she’ll only be able to say “it is what is like”… Like she often does.

Coming here she didn’t expect to be thinking about this so much, she didn’t even know what the prince looked like. Okay, okay… She did. Kind of. Who didn’t? But it sure will be different seeing that person standing right in front of you. Only if she knew that moment would come sooner than it should… As she kept walking away from the orchard and the couple she saw there, Cecelia found herself in a very quiet and beautiful part of the garden. Only the ones who probably knew where they were going could end up here and lucky for Cecelia she didn’t care if she got lost. She was too focused on looking around to realize someone was actually there until that person spoke up. At first she froze, scared because she wasn’t expecting anyone to be there, so it took her a minute to look down at the person who was too busy reading a book to even look up. And to be honest she didn’t really care. That kind of reminded her of her so taking that opportunity of still being kind of anonymous since the person didn’t pay that much attention to her, she got closer to take a better look at him.

No, she didn’t think that was the prince, why would he be here? Now? Reading a book? It was probably another guard who got tired of his job and wanted to take a little break to which Cecelia could only respond with “I support it”. ”I don’t see why anyone shouldn’t be here, it’s quite nice, unless it’s-” so just imagine the look on her face when she took a couple of steps and realized who that was. You can’t really blame her for not figuring it out right away, first of all - it was getting kind of dark and second… People are different in person and this was the first time she got to see the prince like this. ”Oh, I’m… I shouldn’t be here, I apologize, this is…” Inappropriate? What’s the right word? ”Inappropriate.” Remember how I said it would be embarrassing if something happened and Cecelia got in trouble? Was this it? Was that really happening? And if it was why wasn’t she moving, trying to get back inside and pretend this didn’t happen?

@/Littlefeets - le prince

3 Likes

Margo laughed as well, I mean I can see what sounds appealing about burning a house, but the destruction of all these small (or big) significant things inside of it was just too much for her, in a way it was like taking everything that was physical and leaving people with nothing but memories. Though if someone burned down their house, they probably deserved it. So never mind? Or maybe yeah? I don’t know

Anyway, as Lore mentioned the many talking rats, Margo raised her brow a bit in response ”I don’t know how many, but they can’t all be bad” she said with a shrug

When the subject shifted to gore riding, you could see on Lore’s face the way they brightened up, which simply put a smile on Margo’s face. She felt like she found a friend that was like her and got along, it made her happy to know she wasn’t going to be alone in this. ”Maybe not today I don’t know, but either way I’m pretty sure I have something that could fit you” she said with a light smile ”it’s going to be so much fun”

@Kristi Lore

1 Like

// Walking around //

The idea that Alviva could find friendships here was something she hadn’t given much thought to. Still, she found she would like to have someone she can laugh with more often and not worry about the attitude she’s giving off. “The more I’m here, the more I realize how much I’ve lived in my own bubble,” she says and sees a glass dome with an antique-looking house in the corner of her eye.
she carefully lifts the glass and lets out a small chuckle “you can say I finally lift my glass dome” she jokes before putting it back, scared she would drop it, and then turns to Camila. The request for a hug was special in Alviva’s eyes because her family are not huggers, but she didn’t want to reject her either, so she spread her arms. “Come here” she says softly and wraps her arms around Camila. It may sound crazy to other people, but this was the first hug Alviva had ever given to someone that wasn’t a stuffed animal. The warmth of the other person gave her a unique feeling. She felt herself and Camila relaxed considerably.

“you never know if the royal family secretly have books that they don’t want to be public. Who knows, we might find a book that you would never expect from the royal family” jokes Alviva to keep the mood light. then, after holding Camila tightly in her arms for a long time, she lets her go.

“To be honest, I don’t really know whose gene I have, because I don’t think I got it from my parents. There was always a joke going around that I was adopted, and you would really believe that too” Alviva sighs with a grin. “I myself think that you cannot determine how the cultures of others are compared to your own, because every culture comes from norms and values that are important in that culture. The same can be said about the Castes. Someone from a high caste has different values than low castes, your priorities are different, with us reputation and family honor is high, but I know that in low castes there is a priority in making money and supporting your family” she explains. “I’m also not saying that your way of speaking binds you to your culture, but I do think it gives more color to you as a person” she tries to explain but she is already confusing herself. “I hope it makes sense what I say because I think I just confused myself” she laughs.

The question of what she is proud of was the moment Alviva fell silent. It was easy to say there was nothing she was proud of, because in all honesty, there was. “Compared to my siblings, it’s not really anything to be proud of…” she begins and falls silent as she puts her fingertips to her throat. “But I’m happy that I can sing, and that I can say that I can do it without ever having lessons,” she says with a small smile. “And while it’s not something I can use as a future, it does help when I’m sad. When I’m tense or feeling alone, it helps to sing, which is why I was humming when we met” she explains. After that, she begins to wonder whether she should give a clearer example. She had never consciously sent for other people before and really only did it when she was alone. But Alviva trusted Camila and perhaps it would help Camila to relax as much as it did Alviva.

And so she started singing. A song she had heard once and could relate to. She closed her eyes because she knew she would fall silent if she saw Camila there. at first she is still very quiet, but as she goes on, her voice starts to gain strength. While singing, she noticed that her sad feelings disappeared and her shoulders relaxed. Subconsciously she started to move along with the words and probably her face was moving too. In the end, there was even a kind of smile on her face that was rarely seen. She then opens her eyes and lets out a sigh before scratching her head embarrassingly. “like that”. she laughs.

@Jass - Camila

1 Like

Leah Fisher, from providence of Yukon.

That was how the girl introduced herself. Providence Yukon wasn’t a bad place, it wasn’t a ‘major’ providence in the sense that it wasn’t that famous compared to a lot of other providence but it was not a bad place. Dariana noticed the girl- Leah- eyes flicker from her to her ankle. This must be her first time wearing heels, Dariana realized. People from the lower caste rarely wear heels, after all they were either really expensive or the jobs they did couldn’t really be down in heels. Dariana crouched down and saw a bruised on the girl’s ankles. “It’s not proper to stress an injured ankle.” Dariana told the girl, “I’ll bring you an ice pack, please wait.” Dariana told the girl leaving to get an ice pack from one of the maids. The maids asked her if she was injured in anyway and Dariana shook her head, simply pleading for an ice pack and the maids gave her one. She went back to the girl- Leah was it? Yeah Leah and smiled when she was still there. She wrapped the ice pack around the girl gently and sighed.

“I’ve always wanted to be a doctor.” Dariana said randomly, standing up and brushing off any possible dirt from her dress. “My mother is one and she’s one of the best I know.” Dariana tuck a strand of her backwards, “Leah Fisher is it? Please don’t ever strain a twisted ankle, it could go from twisted to broken.” And you were technically one of my patients now, I don’t know how I would live if one patients weren’t treated properly, I would feel like a failure. Dariana thought but didn’t say it out loud. Her mom was a good doctor, all her patients healing effectively and that was the type of doctor Dariana wanted to be.

She wanted to be that and more, partly because she wanted to be remembered. She didn’t want to disappear before she got the chance to state who she was or know who she was. No, Dariana smiled internally. She knew who she was, Dariana was her mother’s daughter. That was Dariana, the daughter to her mother, living and breathing through a body that used to be her mother’s. Dariana was also her sister’s twin. She wondered how it would feel to be her father’s daughter tho, would that complete her? Is she already completed? Or would that ruin her and destroy her into pieces? That was a question that she wished to see answered.

Dariana blinked, realizing she had ignored the girl question about how did she feel about being here in order to treat her. “Oh my, I’m really sorry I didn’t hear you properly, you ask how do I feel to be here?” Dariana paused, hmmm how did she feel about being here? “I think I like it, but I also hate it. I don’t like the idea of being separated from my mother, she was one of the only ‘love’ I’ve ever known. But I like it because I want to meet someone again and because it is somewhat easier to do the things I like.” St@rve, it would be easier to st@rve and restrict and eat ‘healthy’ “Sorry if i’m oversharing, what about you? How do you feel about being here?”

@Jass - Leah

1 Like

Words of love

When Margo had said that the talking rats couldn’t be all bad, Lore hummed. She had felt someone’s eyes on her earlier- she had ignored it but the obvious stare lingering was creepy. She had not worried much about it because a, the palace was one of the most protect areas ever and she was in an open space with someone- if it was a criminal who managed to sneak in, they would have the sense not to attack her here. “True, but we never know.”

Lore smiled, yeah, it was quite silly to assume that this cage, this vile big building that we called a palace or castle would let them have fun on the first day. Having fun on a first day is simply not permitted in a place like this. Internally, Lore rolled her eyes. She was happy tho, that her new ‘friend’ had a horseriding outfit that could fit her. It was nice knowing that she won’t be alone in this nightmare, “It’s going to be more than fun when I beat you in a race.” Lore winked

@CerealKiller

1 Like

Austin just waited to laugh at the girl when she turns around, but she never did turn around, so Austing thought ‘If she’s not gonna turn yet, what’s the point in stopping the fun for me’ and she decided to continue the prank. She coughed and with the same deep voice said “I don’t care what your parents want to know, the kitchen is still off limits to anybody but staff and Royalty. I’m going to have to take you to the guards because you were still in a place you were not meant to be in. Let them decide your punishiment.” She almost laughed but that’s not what gave it away. What actually gave it away was the noise of the dress when she walked over to the girl and grabbed her hand from behind her. Even though her grip resembled a man’s and was very strong, the game was up since the dress’s fabric rubbing together and making that familliar noise aleardy gave it away.

@Jass - Amanda
ORP: I didn’t think your character wouldn’t turn around so I didn’t know how to respond.

1 Like

cooltext427968479023745
As Amanda’s hand was grabbed, she had already known this was not actually a guard. While the voice hadn’t given it away, she clearly had heard to the sound of a dress, it wasn’t a man at all. At that moment she instantly knew this must be one of the contestants, pranking her. She digged the vibes of this girl already.
“You got me.” she said as she turned around laughing. “You got me good,” she said “I was scared I already screwed up.” As this girl in front of her had been playing her, she actually felt comfortable enough to confess why she was actually there, this time more carefully in case anyone was listening in, she whispered in her ear: “I was about to steal some beer from the kitchen, you know, I would have been in trouble if you had been a guard. I’m defo not the best liar” she laughed as she said this and took a small step back as she realized how close they had actually had been standing.
“Amanda is the name, but friends simply call me Dee” Amanda said as she checked her out.
The girl who had pranked her seemed like quite a tomboy, with her short hair and seemingly not very natural in such a dress. Such a dress simply didn’t fit her Amanda thought. Much like Amanda was uncomfortable and not herself in hers. Amanda didn’t mind a dress in general, but she was more into fitting clothes. She liked showing herself and her body off, and that wasn’t really possible in such immense dresses. As she looked up again at her face she smiled. “Such a shame these dresses, they totally ruined your joke” she chuckled a little and said “And I bet your vibes would have been even radder if you were wearing your normal clothes, I bet your style is totally wicked.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

1 Like

cooltext428375031139515
“Okay” she stuttered to Dariana asking her to stay. She was disappointed, disappointed in herself that she had given away her injury. She decided now the cat was out of the bag, it might actually be better to just sit down once again and give her ankle some rest. She waited a few minutes until Dariana returned with an ice pack in her hands. She didn’t like it much, to be taken care of, usually, she was the one in the background who took care of everyone else. She accepted the help, however, as her ankle was only getting more bruised and more painful. There was no point in being stubborn about it now.
Once the ice pack was on her ankle, she felt the pain sinking and felt grateful for Dariana intervening, even if she wasn’t happy about it initially. “Thank you,” she said shyly “you would make a great doctor. Figuring out I was in pain so quickly and knowing exactly what to do.” She nodded at her to confirm her name.

The way Dariana spoke about both missing her family but at the same time have more freedom in her life made sense to Leah, though probably in another way as Dariana. Due to how many responsibilities she had with her family, she never really had time to do the things she liked. Her already being a breadwinner at this age, put a lot of pressure on her. “You are not oversharing” she said “I understand. For me, well, I feel quite out of place.” she confessed. “As you might have guessed already I’m not used to this fancyness, I’m just a simple farm girl” she said as she fixed a strand of hair.

@Kristi - Dariana

1 Like

- Duty w/Elijah - mood board*

He rolled his eyes jokingly at Elijah’s smart *ss comment of only being late. Cohen liked when he was out on duty with someone and he especially liked when he was put in duty with Elijah. Some of the other guys here acted like they had a stick up their *ss and the rest didn’t care at all. Cohen cared about this job. Not only was it good for him, but also his family. He was really into his job now that something exciting was happening. He hated how slow things had gotten. He felt like his shifts were never ending. Other than the king passing away (and would you be happy about that) nothing happened at the castle. I guess that is a good thing though. Safety and all for the royal family. But Cohen liked the danger. That’s partially why he went into the army and then a guard. He wanted some action and something that would keep his blood pumping. Unlike his parents who were content staying home and doing art all day long. Don’t get him wrong, he liked art. Just when his mind was in the right space for it. His art always had a dark side and could make people feel things opposite of his parents. And especially his sisters talents. She had a beautiful gift for singing. She had a voice that made you smile whereas Cohen’s gift made people’s eyes water.

totally see the potential princess there but I didn’t see that coming Cohen pulled a Cigarette out of his chest pocket and a lighter. He took a small step away from Elijah while lighting it. aw then you and the prince will be brothers in law! He joked to his friend. In all honesty, Cohen hoped his sister did become queen. He knew nothing about her but if she was anything like Elijah then he was fine with her! maybe it’ll be true love too.Cohen made a kissing noise to add to his comment and laughed at himself.

@CerealKiller

1 Like

Late evening w/Cesar - mood board

The palace was huge and there seemed to just be hidden corners everywhere. Azra decided to go and explore a little after dinner so she wouldn’t get left and lost again. Everything here was beautiful and old. Not old as it would break or there were cobwebs everywhere, just the architecture was intriguing to her. Gosh - she sounded like her father. She ran her fingers on the marble window sills. It was cold and smooth under her finger tips. The frames of the doorways were carved, most likely hand carved, the designs so intricate, you even had to look close to see the small details. She smiled to herself thinking about her family. What were they doing right now? Her brothers were probably outside kicking a ball around while her mom and dad sat drinking tea and discussing the day. She would be out there with her brothers usually for a little bit too. They would go easy on her, but none of them could keep up with her speed.

She crinkled her nose to the smell of smoke. “Does the lady of Lavender need helped? Are you perhaps lost?”She shook her head at the question. Nope, not this time. She knew that may have came off a little rude and added a smile to soften it. She truly didn’t need help. She was tired of asking for help today. She was used to doing most everything on her own. Here though, her routine was gone and her responsibilities also. What is up with this place and tall, dark haired boys? She asked with a little laugh as she thought about the man she was with earlier. He was a little lankier and kept his hair a little nicer. His eyes seemed brighter too in color but not in happiness thats for sure. This new boy had dark brows that matched his eyes, they seemed to have a hardness to them.

@Kristi

@Littlefeets kit mentioned

1 Like

“you would make a great doctor. Figuring out I was in pain so quickly and knowing exactly what to do.”

A genuine smile crossed Dariana’s face at that. Mmm she sure did like hearing that, ‘you would make a great doctor’ and Dariana sure will. She would be a doctor enough to rival her mother, but Dariana knew she would never be better than her mom and she was fine with that. Dariana would be a really good doctor and make her mother proud or a really good queen and again make mother proud. Was it sad that her dreams revolved around someone? To people it might be considered that, sad and unfortunate, but to Dariana it felt normal and ok. It was also want motivated her to be her best and it was what made Dariana, well Dariana. “You think so?” Dariana bit her lips softly to hide the huge smile threatening to come out, “Thank you so much.” Thank you so much, you don’t know how much this means to me. Dariana thought, but didn’t say out loud. That would be too embarrassing to say out loud after all and Dariana didn’t do embarrassing (she did but that would be to embarrassing to admit)

But you should be, Dariana thought as Leah said she wasn’t too familiar with fancyness. It was a kind of lookist and discriminatory take and Dariana knew that, but it was not a lie to say that such a pretty face should not be suffering at the bottom of the barrel at some disgusting farm (dariana is sure that farm is clean and sweet and all but like-) Dariana simply didn’t like seeing beautiful women suffering (or beautiful people in general). Maybe it was something that Dariana had to look really deep into and figure out why, an internal conflict but Dariana didn’t feel like fighting internal battles. External battles were always the easiest things, compared to internal battles that take years to finally defeat. With External battles, it was easy, just defeat that one common enemy. Internal battles on the other hand, was more complex and harder. Especially if the internal conflict came from a point of desire and Dariana knew desire a little to well. She once read a book that said if you want something bad enough you’ll end up making a god out of it. That was true and that was why internal conflicts were hard, you can’t kill a god unless you make it human.

“You don’t seem like a simple farm girl.” No, no Leah Fisher you look like you were destined for great things. “You don’t seem just like a farm girl Leah fisher, you seem like a life force. You seem like a provider.” Dariana paused, “You will get use to the fancyness, It will go be easier.” After all its what you should have been born into.

@jass

1 Like