The Selection - Official RP Thread

“There might be doors here, but won’t people notice if you walk out of the party?” Thomas asked a rethorical question as he was helping her out, knowing that the question wouldn’t matter since she accepted his offer.
When the lady asked what he would call ‘this’ he said “Well actually I would call what we just did defenestration.” He said in a mocking tone, putting his finger on the bridge of his nose as if to push glasses that have slipped down the nose up. In this way he mocked people that correct other people and use clever words in order to sound smarter or better than other people.
“No, I’m only joking.” He said as he offered her his arm to lead the way like a gentleman.
He continued “I would collectivley call this the outside, seeing as I’m used to call the hedge maze, the garden, I would be confused if somebody called this place, that’s just outside the window, the garden and told me I had to fix something there … I’d go to the garden and would be completely lost as to what needs to be fixed unless I asked my colleague for help. But you are right … On my first day working in the garden I almost got lost, and I felt like a protagonist in one of the stories my mother told me when I was young about little children getting lost. Well then I was transported through time into my old bed, when my mother was telling this to me and I was so scared I would take grab the edge of the blanket and bring it to my head and would cover everything except my eyes and ears so I could hear the story.” He said with a smile while leading her down somewhere, he didn’t even know where to lead her since he knew they would be caught talking if they stayed there, but the garden was out of question because the whole of it can be seen through the Royals’ windows.

@Meekepeek - Sanura

1 Like

Enzo did not see Princess Rosalie come from his side so when she spoke to him, he was surprised, but he managed to turn around to face her, and adress her correctly. “Your Royal Highness” He said as his he bowed his head. Is everything to his satisfaction? Enzo didn’t know how to answer that except by saying. “Everything that is to your satisfaction, m’am, is also to mine satisfaction.” He didn’t let small talk delay what he needed to do so he started talking. “M’am, the girls are all here, despite the lack of security and maids on one of the girls who asked for maids from her province to be provided, she’s safe and currently at the party, the security is doubled in and around the property and the guards have been rescheduled to better manage any attack that might happen, especially now during the selection, knowing people who liked your father might not agree with your brother. Is there any point you would like for me to go over again or any suggestion as for the security you’d like to give?” He asked.

@Littlefeets - Princess Rosa

1 Like

// outside //

“It ain’t a party without music,” Sanura responded simply with a shrug to his comment as she climbs through the window. For a second she doubts taking his arm, but then she decides to accept the offer and links her arm with his before she looks at him with a raised eyebrow. “you know what I call that? A word too expensive for my 6th caste vocabulary” she said dryly.
However, his next answer came even more unexpected than his expensive words. “I beg your pardon,” she stammers. “Last time I checked, both of these are outside,” she exclaims, with an emphasis on are outside, not understanding how he finds ‘outside’ more obvious than ‘in the garden’.
a few times she opens her mouth to say something but no form of intelligence is spoken until finally an actual sentence comes out of her mouth; “You just explained yourself that when you hear the garden, you have to think of the hedge maze, why don’t you just call it… the hedge maze” she asks with feigned frustration while waving her hands in circles for dramatic effect.
then she remains silent for a while as she inhales dramatically as if to cool down from her frustrations. Even adding the ‘meditation’ hand gesture for more effect. “Listen carefully, mister gardener, from now on that’s the hedge maze, this is the flower garden or indoor garden or courtyard, and everything is outside” she ends her overly dramatic speech about a simple name of some plants that are neatly grouped together to stand.

but the absolute breaking point for Sanura is the moment the man tells about his childhood and the scary stories. “oh my goodness, why do I see this like this, little you with your teddy bear and your blanket” she laughs loudly while she wipes away a tear. “I…” and a chuckle escapes, “will never take you seriously again when you try to flirt” she announces.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

1 Like

cooltext427968596806091
Alviva telling Camila that it becomes lonely not being around people anymore once you have been used to it, made sense to her. Camila had never been on her own, and even during the Selection, the idea of sleeping alone in her room, it scared her a bit. “It must be a lot to adjust to, every time a sibling leaves it changes the whole dinámica of the family” she said “Being the last one left, that sudden quietness must be quite overwhelming.” The conversation made Camila feel guilty about leaving her siblings alone to be here. But she also had to keep in mind they were part of why she was here, so she could provide them with a stable life. “I care so much about them” she said, fighting her tears “They drive me crazy sometimes, but they mean the world to-” She had lost her battle, and tears started quietly falling. “I- I’m m so- sorry” she said as the tears ran down her face. She took a few breaths, wiped the tears off, and said: “This is not the best first impression either. Crying cause I already miss my siblings too much” she let out a little chuckle at the end and her smile returned on her face.

“It’s okay” she laughed “what I read would actually not be aceptable para una princesa.” she said as she thought about the last book she had read, which reddened her cheeks. It had been a very passionate love story about a forbidden romance. “I’m not into the classics at all” she told. “I read a lot, but much prefer something light, contemporary, and honestly…” she doubted for a second if it would be appropriate, before deciding to just say it “fun. My go-to is either recent romance books, or anything that has some humour” she confided in Alviva. “Fantasy from time to time is not bad either. Honestly, just anything fictional that brightens my mood does the job.”

“I’m sorry” she said “I sometimes do not even know when I’m speaking English or Spanish. Libros are books.” she smiled at Alviva, not wanting her to feel any less worthy for not always following her if Spanish slipped in “Please tell me whenever you don’t understand something, I’m more than happy to translate when needed. Promise, or better,” she joked “¿Promesa?”

@Meekepeek - Alviva

cooltext427968437153658
Emberlynn was positively surprised to hear that Fabianne was into romantic literature as well. It made her think even more highly of her, someone who could appreciate such literature not only had a proper taste in books, it also showed a certain degree of intelligence in her eyes. “One could say that Pride and Prejudice is a masterpiece for certain. The way in which Austin explores the society of those older days, yet at its core, it is as timeless as literature could be.” she replied to Fabianne saying it was a masterpiece. “I am quite curious about the library and its collection myself,” she confessed “though, I do not expect to read any of the literature available here at the royal library. I have been so clever as to bring my favourite books along.” she said explaining why she wouldn’t need to utilize the library.

“Those hobbies are not too dissimilar to those I have myself,” she said approvingly “I wish you all the success in achieving those dreams. Caste three offers some excellent opportunities for those who wish to follow their creative desires, so I am certain in fact doors will open for you once the Selection has come to an ending for you.” she told “That is not to say you will not be successful here.” At this point in time, Emberlynn felt Fabianne had deservedly been elected and will not as high-class as Emberlynn was, she could see princess-like qualities in Fabianne, or at the very least she would fit in with the higher classes according to Emberlynn.

“While I can see what makes you think so,” Emberlynn said “it is not as uncomplicated when those responsible for the financial finalization of your education wish to see you follow in their footsteps. Arranging nothing but the creme de la creme in private tutors, predominantly those who are specializing in medics.” The situation was tough for Emberlynn, she wanted to be independent of her parents, but especially the financial ties made it so she felt that was not a possibility. “That is a very kind thing of you to say, and the same could be said about you.” she returned the compliment.

@CerealKiller - Fabienne

1 Like

song - w/Elijah - mood board

”Now you know how I feel every time you’re the late one ” Cohen fake laughed and rolled his eyes to Elijah’s comment. Me late? He acted to be shocked and put his hand on his chest in fake astonishment. I think you are very confused right now Cohen was late usually, not by long. Usually just minutes. I suppose he got that from his parents. They were so nonchalant and go with the flow. Deadlines were not very important to them, no wonder they were always just barley making ends meet.

Cohen had forgotten that Elijah’s sister was one of the selected. He thought how weird it would feel to have his own sister here. Flirting with the prince. Possibly getting married. Ew, what if he saw them kiss. He shook his head at the thought. ”I don’t know much about the bets, I just know my personal favourite” Have you seen her yet? She basically has her own body guard at this rate. At least thats how Cohen would be if his sister were here. He wouldn’t ever let anything happen to her.
@CerealKiller

2 Likes

”oh my god” Margo replied with shock to lore’s fire story, she told it as if it was a normal thing that happened but damn that was a close call everything could have gone up in flames and let’s just say it didn’t sound fun.

”burning something sounds fun honestly but maybe not a house” she said and then laughed lightly at the comment about the ugly castle decor ”secret safe with me” she said and passed her hand over her mouth as if closing a zipper, a fun smirk on her lips.

”thanks” she smiled at the compliment on her name. Margo was cool, Margarita on the other hand was a pizza. It was tequila with lemon at best. But Margo? Margo is cool. ”Ooh treason, dramatic. Though I never actually tried archery, but it always sounded fun” she said ”i do love horseback riding though and around here there are some amazing places to go ride” she added with a smile

@Kristi Lore

1 Like

Room hallways • Early evening

Considering Emberlynn was the first girl she met, and the fact that she seemed to be really nice and interesting, Fabianne’s anxiety about this new place and surroundings seemed to get a little better, hopefully it’ll get even better with time.

”i absolutely agree” she nodded in agreement on Emberlynn’s comment about the book, ”I did bring books with me but I also want to see whether I like the collection they have here, it’s a great judge of character ” she then added

”I sure do hope so, but either way I’m simply trying to make the best out of the situation” she said. Whether or not she was the selected one at the end of this, her life was about to change hopefully for the better, one way or another. So hopefully, those dreams of her would become something she could turn into reality.

As Fabianne listened to her, she lightly frowned as she told her how it wasn’t easy for her to be independent and go after her passions. Not like it was for Fabianne herself, but she has always been a dreamer. Hoping for good things never killed no one. ”I suppose that makes sense…” she responded ”I really hope you find a way to make them accept you in any way you wish to go” she told her truthfully. As someone who had big dreams herself she understood the importance of them and wanted Emberlynn, or anyone for that matter; to make the best out of their lives and be able to fulfil their dreams. It’s not that much to ask isn’t it?

”why thank you” Fabianne smiled as the girl returned her compliment, ”for being the first person I meet here, you’re a pretty great start” she added, smiling again

@Jass Emberlynn

1 Like

”I’m never confused” he replied to his friend with a playful smirk on his lips ”Only late” he added playfully retracting his previous statement on not being late. After all, he was late, but it was just one time, Cohen on the other hand was late a lot. It didn’t bother Elijah as much, since usually it wasn’t for long. Sometimes he had to cover for him but it wasn’t bad, as long as it worked. Specifically today was a different case, but usually Elijah was never late, he managed to keep a reputation of a guy who’s responsible and serious about his work and acts accordingly, which just meant he was usually respected in his excuses for example when he made up stuff to cover for his friend but we don’t talk about that

”I haven’t” he shook his head lightly, he did really want to see her but it was yet to happen as they were both busy with this whole big project and generally not a lot of time has passed since she arrived, ”but soon” he added

”its still crazy to me that she’s actually here,” he admitted ”i totally see the potential princess there but I didn’t see that coming” he laughed lightly

@Madilnel Cohen

1 Like

Somewhere in the palace • Late evening

The evening passed quite peacefully, nothing too crazy seemed to happen just yet, but the mix of excitement and anxiety kept her from falling asleep, so after a failed attempt of trying to read something in bed and maybe fall asleep, Fabianne decided to take a little walk around, maybe a little air could help clear her head.

Getting out of bed, she slightly fixed her hair and put on a simple white wrap dress, after all, this was a palace you probably can’t just walk around in pjs. Or can you? Never mind.

Wandering around the hallways, at some point she came across a piano, and you might not know her well enough just yet, but let me tell you, when she sees a piano she has to sit down and try it.

In a way, when she was playing, it was as if nothing was wrong in her world, she was in complete inner peace, just her and the keys, melting together like the butter on a fresh hot stack of pancakes (I’m hungry leave me alone)

Sitting there, Fabianne softly ran her fingers on the perfectly smooth and clean surface, and just started going with it and playing her heart out, completely unaware that at some point someone saw her. (cue kit enter stage)

@Littlefeets Kit

2 Likes

Thomas chuckled at Sanura. “Please, never do take me seriously. I am all flirtation, charm and jokes.” He said “I would hate it otherwise.” He smiled at her and asked “Are you hungry girl?” He looked into the distance where a few trees stood out, clearly having produce while the ones near them had nothing of the sort. "Somebody, might and somebody clearly would see us if we were in the garden, but in the orchard … " He looked at her with a coy but wide smile. “You can hide while you eat. It’s my favorite place ever.” He said. He remebered he forgot to tell his name so he said. “Believe Thomas Hemming when he says the produce here is good, he works on them himself.” He looked into the apples he knew would make a great strudel.

@Meekepeek

2 Likes

“Really?” Andrea asked, a bit shocked. “You don’t find the wretched sounds of drilling and hammering, iron clanking and things like that annoying, but talking is what it does for you?” She said, wondering about what Wren just said, but then she remebered something and retracked her statement. “Actually, forget what I just said … I just remebered growing up on the farm made me like the sound of farm toold, including the lawnmower. Trust me, I don’t mind hearing the lawn mower, I actually consider it to be a nice way to wake up. I swear, you get used to it just starting somewhere in the morning so in time it starts to be your idea of what a morning sounds like … Just like birds. Can you imagine how weird it would sound like if the sound of birds wasn’t usually a morning sound and then all of a sudden you heard it one morning? It would probably be percieved as an annoying sound.”

@Ouijaloveletters

3 Likes

Wren shrugged. “That’s what I grew up with, so I got used to it. Simple as that.” They chuckled when Andie retracted her statement, nodding. “Yeah, exactly. You get used to what you’ve been around, and new sounds become jarring. We couldn’t talk at the shop due to the noise, so I’m not used to talking. Also, I’m not much of a talker myself.” Wren explained. “Make sense?” They asked, cocking their head. Andie then mentioned birds, and Wren nodded. “Yeah, that would be a huge surprise. It would take time to get used to.”
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Andie

2 Likes

Words of love

“Really? I quite believe burning a house could be quite fun, joking of course.” She laughed. She wasn’t joking, well only just a little. Sometimes Lore wondered how it would feel to put all her problems in a house and watch them burn, would that be considered running from them or facing them? Facing them Lore decided, it would be facing them as she would be bringing their destruction- ok back to normal.

“Thank God, we never know the many talking rats that could be running through the palace.” She imitated Margo’s hand on lips, her mouth curling into a small smile. Margo reminded her of her best friend in her providence. She was quite fun, brought a colorful vibe to this colorless palace and providence (the providence was certainly colorful but Lore wouldn’t admit that)

“Horseback riding?” Lore’s eyes brightened, if there was one thing she loved more than archery, fencing or sword dancing it was definitely horse riding. There was nothing more freeing than riding a horse, “Do you think they would let us horse ride or is too early?” her lips curled into a smirk, she had forgotten the possibility of horse back riding, fck she had forgotten to bring her usual clothes for horse back riding. She looked margo up and down, sizing her up, she wondered if Margo clothes would fit her, “And if they do, do you have any extra riding clothes?” If she didn’t, Lore could simply use her archery clothes.

@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Fck

He was almost caught by Lore. Lore would be so pissed off if she discovered that he was here, that he was here to fcking spy on her in order to protect her. His little sister was way too stubborn for her own good, way to fcking stubborn. How did she expect to truly protect herself if she couldn’t detect him? He shook her head, she needed more practice and Cesar would be happy to help once all this is over. Cesar glanced at her, she was currently talking to a tanned skinned light brown hair curled girl, the conversation seemed good. Cesar’s lips curled to a smirk, it seems that little Lore has found herself a friend. He would go and in form his brothers of this, what was her name again, M-m-margo? Something like that.

Cesar debated on whether he should continue to eavesdrop on his sister and Margo’s conversation or not, he decided on the not. Margo’s didn’t seem dangerous or harmful, he would rate her a 3.4 in terms of danger so he left. He was going to roll a blunt before continuing with his other guard duties. He walked towards a space that always seemed to be empty in the palace and pulled a cigarette, before you guys go, ‘he shouldn’t be smoking in the castle’ ‘he shouldn’t be smoking inside’ or ‘he shouldn’t be smoking because his a warrior and his lungs’ or blah blah shut up Cesar knows. But it was whatever, he wasn’t going to get caught- He never got caught except once by Rubion who gave him a disappointed look but didn’t say much. granted he was 16 at the time but it was never really that serious. It was but not really at the same time. Whatever, Cesar only pulled a cig when he wanted to relieve some stress.

Sigh, he was really worried for his sister. He closed his eyes tight, he wondered if she was done with her conversation and how long his guard duty would take before he could spy on her again. His eyes shut wide open and he dropped his cig when he heard the footsteps of someone coming, he quickly stepped on his cigarette and picked it up, putting in his pocket. A slightly tanned girl with brown hair stepped in, one of the selected definitely, Cesar stood straight. He bowed, “Does the lady of Lavender need helped?” He asked calling her lady of Lavender in reference to her dress. “Are you perhaps lost?” Because what other reason would she come to a dead end.

@Madilnel - Lady Azra

2 Likes

// walking around //

Alviva nods. “It’s hard at first. You suddenly hear noises that you normally don’t hear, from a water pipe to a bird digging in the storm drain. It actually feels like you’re missing something around you, but it’s not a hard feeling of loneliness, it’s very subtle” Alviva explains before listening in silence as Camila’s voice slowly changes as she talks. They were small changes, from a difference in pace to the glint in her eyes turning from happiness to tears. During her outburst, Alviva doesn’t say a word. She didn’t know what might be appropriate in this situation, and saying nothing seemed like a better option. “You don’t need to apologize. You don’t want to know how much I cried the first time I found myself feeling lonely and hating the emptiness. That first time is very overwhelming” she says, wiping her thumb under Camila’s eyes to fix the smeared makeup. “Maybe it’s a good thing we both had our worst first impressions together, if someone has to see that worst one, then it might as well be the one who has one just as bad.” she laughed.

“most people around me read autobiographies, historical books and stories about a specific subject they work in. 'It is ‘unheard of’ that someone in my immediate environment wastes their time on fiction and fairy tales, as it is said in my neighborhood” she quotes her mother. “that’s why I always read them when I’m alone, because I like to escape the boring reality for a while” she explains. “I’ve got a few books I still need to read, if I’ve finished them and liked them, I’ll pass them on” she says before pausing for a few seconds to reconsider her offer. “Know that it’s a very low level of books…” she quickly adds.

When Camila then apologizes for her regular transition to Spanish, Alviva shrugs her off. “there is no need to apologize. In my region there are few special cultural features. We simply speak English with no particular accent or dialect. We adhere to the norms and it is actually very boring. My mother always taught us that we are the center of culture, a blank canvas on which other cultures have expanded and developed. We are ‘normal’ and the rest have separated themselves from that” she mutters and as she says it she hears for herself how bad it sounds. “I always thought we were the only ones without culture…which made me interested in everyone with a culture and secretly hoped that we had something similar” she says with a smile. “so don’t apologize for something you should be proud of” she adds.

@Jass - Camila

1 Like

// orchard //

“gotcha, good to know” she says and thinks for a few minutes. “same goes for me, it’s just jokes” she says. She never really saw a reason to actually start a relationship. Much to the chagrin of her parents, especially her mother, she was never really involved with boys. Romance was always something she found for other people, part of the reason she wasn’t looking forward to the selection because she already knew it wasn’t going to be her. Silently she follows him to the orchad. the trees stood tall above them and the fruits looked as if they were ready to be harvested. “I’ll remember if I ever see him, sir ‘didn’t bother to share his name when he asked for mine’,” she says as she reaches for a nectarine. “so tell me, what made you want to be a gardener?” she then asks.

1 Like

“Well in that case, you’ll have to remeber me. Just so you know, Thomas apologizes for not giving out his name earlier, he simply forgot.” Thomas thought for a moment. “Or he was blinded by your charm and beauty … You know, either of those.” Thomas took a crisp looking red apple as she took a nectarine and he bit into it, filling his mouth with the sweet contents of the apple while he was listening to her question. After he swallowed it down, he used his thumb to wipe off the sticky nectar from his lower lip before he answered it “Why don’t you take a big bite off the sweet, plump nectarine you’re holding there and find out the reason yourself?”

@Meekepeek

1 Like

cooltext427968437153658
Emberlynn felt like she had found an equal in Fabianne, someone who thought fairly similar to her. This showed when Fabianne told her books were a good judge of character, as that was exactly how Emberlynn felt as well. “The books one reads is the window to ones soul” Emberlynn said “At least, this is how my mother in fact would encourage me to read a greater quantity of books. On that note, if I may ask, it makes me ponder which books you have brought?” she asked looking directly at Fabianne, and with a soft friendly smile.

“That is a wonderful mindset” she nodded “I aspire to be more as such. Unfortunately however, everyone’s expectations of me are extortionatly high. Including those of myself,” she continued quietly not feeling necessary proud of what she was about to say “when everyone surrounding you deems you much worthy of being a princess your entire life, I would be disappointed not reaching the final 5 at a minimum” she sighted. It was unlike Emberlynn to show herself as truthfully as she has shown Fabianne.

It took Emberlynn by suprise, being encouraged by Fabianne to follow her heart. It was unlike anything anyone else had done. “Thank you. It means a lot” she said looking shyly at her feet. She was not used to people caring about her, her parents had used her as the business card of how successful they were, and her friends, well, were mainly her friends because they wanted something from her. Her power, her money, but not her genuine care.

“It truly is a pleasure meeting you” she said smiling “I have to admit, you are unlike what I expected from someone who was raised in Caste Five, much better to be honest” Emberlynn relied much on stereotypes and what her parents told her, and had been shielded from anyone below caste 4 her whole life, with the exception of their staff at home. She had never talked with a caste 5 as freely as with Fabianne, but she did not seem all that bad as her parents had always warned her for.

@CerealKiller - Fabianne

1 Like

// orchad //

for a few seconds Sanura looked at him. “Please don’t ever talk in the third person again, it sounds weird” she says dryly as she walks over to him. A few times she throws the nectarine in the air and catches it again. Then she actually takes a bite out of the fruit and ensures that she first sucks the juice before eating the pulp, this prevents juice from getting everywhere. She’s sure he expects her to now compliment the nectarine which she admits is rich in flavor. But she doesn’t want to make it too easy for him, so from the moment she swallows her bite, she looks at him and gives a small shrug. “Okay, what could be so special about it, should I have been able to taste your past with one bite? It’s a nectarine, sweeter and fuller in taste than the store bought, but not as strong in flavor as the wild variety” she says and takes another bite. “I’m trying to start a conversation friend, so talk please” she says with her mouth still full. Neat, ladylike, manners? Sanura didn’t care if she didn’t look clean, she always preferred someone to answer the question rather than being mysterious or, as her teachers always were, so cryptic in the hope that she would answer it herself. She then puts a hand on his shoulder. “I wouldn’t ask if I could know the answer with a single bite of a hairless peach,” she adds with a grin.

1 Like

Thomas watched her get a little messy while eating the nectarine, but his focus was on her still asking him why the nectarine is special enough for him to be happy to be a gardener. So in order to literally show it to her, he walked right up to her, close enough to kiss her except he didn’t pull his face any closer to her. He looked her deep into her eyes and while still looking into those big grey-ish blue eyes he grabbed the hand where she held the nectarine, and with his other hand, he dug deep into the big bitemark she left, messily digging his hand into the mushy fruit and taking out the big, hard seed. He pulled back and held the seed in his now messy hand where sugary fluids were freely flowing and looking at it he spoke. “It’s because of what I can do with my knowledge and this small thing. The amount of fruits I can make from a singular seed like that. The thing you would always just chuck away into the garbage bin, with what you consider the throw away part of the fruit, is what I make miracles with. You can throw seeds onto the gorund, but you’ll discover that method only works sometimes if the rain allows for it, but usually a big amount of knowledge and work goes into growing one of these, but once you see the produce all grown it’s like a reward and like an object that wouldn’t be there if you weren’t there to help it become what it was. Anything that grows from the earth or the trees I find to be magic, just by itself, but when you also think about all the ways herbs can be used in medicine, which I do think about, well you realize just how much power you have with that amount of knowledge and that amount of skill.” Pocketing the seed, he gently put his hands on her arms, and let them gently carres her hands up to her hands, clasping them in the end while saying “As beautiful as your hands are, can you picture them doing all that magic anytime in the future?” He asked, genuinley curious.

@Meekepeek - Sanura

1 Like