The 𝓞𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵 SHREK THREAD

We’re talking about Shrek, you cowards.

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always felt a little out of place. As much as I loved the faries and princesses and cute talking animals of Disney movies, I could never really relate to them. Even at that age, their problems just felt weak and unrealistic to me. Because of this, I was never able to relate to other kids my age, kids who couldn’t get enough of the Disney being shoved down their throats. My favorite Disney movies were ones that most of them hadn’t even heard of (Hunchback and Emperor’s New Groove, if you’re wondering). I was discontent with the movies availiable to me for the longest time.

And then there was Shrek. The great uniter.

For the first time ever, I could relate to the fairy tale on the screen. The thought of a man who’s been shunned and hated his entire life, just for existing, to the point where he’s embraced the hatred and convinced himself he’s the monster they think he is… How could such a deeply compelling character be so hillarious at the same time? The character arc I watched him go through fascinated me. I loved everything about 3/4 of the movies.

So, as you can tell, these movies are pretty important to me. That’s why I made this thread.

Stuff you can do here:

Discuss the movies

These movies have a lot more compelling characters, plots, arcs, and settings than I think a lot of people realize. If you’re one of the many who see the Shrek series as a simple comedy, that’s fine. But if you are like me and realize the impressive storytelling beats throughout the franchise, I’d love to discuss it seriously with you.

Share fun facts

I always love to learn! If you have any fun facts about the francise to share, feel free to! Maybe you’ll know something that I didn’t. :wink:

Give valid and respectful critiques

I understand that not everybody likes the Shrek francise (thanks mostly to the third movie). Some may see it as a cash grab, an immature fart fest, or just something for kids. If you are one of these people and have critiques, feel free to respectfully state them here with evidence and/or a valid arguement to support your arguement. I promise, I won’t hold it against you.

Complain about the thrid one/spinoffs

This is the one point where the valid and respectful critiques get thrown out the window. Feel free to mindlessly tear apart this trash.

MEMES

Yeah, obviously. Just try not to make this thread ALL memes, and try to keep everything clean.
@MemeLords (Sorry if any of you didn’t want to be tagged!)

I hope you guys have fun! I know I will.

14 Likes

Isn’t there a shrek thread already?

4 Likes

No idea. I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Actually I think this one different enough since that one’s clearly just a meme/cult thing.

2 Likes

I was gonna say “wait… this exists?” but it’s new so I’m not that out of the loop :joy:

@ChaoticDeluge TIME TO SPAM THE MEMES

4 Likes

DO IT

1 Like

Oof… Time to write an essay about Shrek

2 Likes

YES!

2 Likes

There’s this one! :joy_cat: But you can never have enough shrek threads!
https://forum.shanniiwrites.com/t/shrek-is-love-shrek-is-life-shrek-is-a-god-and-i-m-his-wife/9922?u=annsza

5 Likes

Again, I feel like this one is pretty different as that one is just a meme/cult thing.

3 Likes

it’s only a meme if you make it one
Yeah i get where you’re coming from! :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

S h r e k

3 Likes

3 Likes

ʞ ǝ ɹ ɥ S

2 Likes

Shrek is tasty.

3 Likes

Like a parfait

3 Likes

the shrek valentine cards are :hot_face::hot_face:

@LHT told me about them now i’m in love

4 Likes

They are a true blessing to us all :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Why did I think the title was “Shrek is love, Shrek is life, Shrek is god and he’s my wife”?

6 Likes

Same!! :woman_shrugging:t3::flushed::flushed::flushed: i think it was

4 Likes