The Titanic submersible incident

I’m going to assume you know about this if you’ve so much as glanced at the news. If you don’t know٫ basically five guys went down to explore the Titanic in what was basically a tin can. It didn’t end well٫ as you’d probably guess.
Lets discuss.
@Discussions

4 Likes

I’m gonna just say this - the only person I feel bad for is the 19 year old. I’m very much living for the memes.

8 Likes

Oh٫ I completely agree. Just…who thought that was a good idea?

3 Likes

It was a very unfortunate incident and I feel sorry for everyone involved and their families because no one deserves to die like that

However, I am questioning why anyone thought this was a good idea in the first place and maybe humans should just stay away from the bottom of the ocean

5 Likes

Exactly! And also I don’t like overly rich people who waste money like this so this was quite interesting . . .

I know it sounds harsh but like I’m laughing so hard at the TikToks on my FYP. And the music :sob:

:notes: unDER tHe SeA, uNdEr tHe seA :notes::sob:

2 Likes

Yeah٫ pretty much.

1 Like

Well…they got to see the Titanic…

2 Likes

You didn’t hear? It imploded before they even reached the depth of the titanic.

3 Likes

I knew it imploded٫ but I didn’t realize they didn’t even reach it…jeez…

2 Likes

I mean, they all had to sign forms and stuff that they knew the risks (including that they could die). So each of those people did it knowing it could be the last thing they did. But yeah, it is very problematic to read stuff like the submarine hadn’t been really tested enough and didn’t have a lot of safety systems. You go to the bottom of the ocean without doing everything you can to make it safe, that’s messed up…
I’m kinda glad in a way though the implosion happens so quickly, they didn’t even have time to process or have any pain. Slowly dying in a small submarine knowing the oxygen is very limited, that sounds like a much more stressful death to me.

2 Likes

I’m not laughing about it but I’m not crying about it either. I kinda feel the same about this as I do towards the guy who went to North Sentinel Island to “convert” the people who live there to Christianity except obviously with that situation it was far more frustrating.

In this case it’s just pure unbridled stupidity, they knew the risks and should have ensured all the safety checks had been made. They chose not to and now can serve as a cautionary tale to any other rich person planning on doing the same thing.

2 Likes

I read that the CEO actually fired someone on the team for pointing out that the submersible didn’t meet safety regulations or something like that.

3 Likes

Cutting corners when it comes to under water subs never ends well. Sadly, they became the prime example of why you don’t cut corners. I think the worst part is that the son of the wealthy tourist didn’t want to go down there in the first place because of how risky it was. He only went down there because it was father’s day weekend. It’s sad that we did lose one of the most knowledgeable people who knew the titanic. That is the the infuriating part for me. This is on the CEO of the company. He took others down with him in the process.

3 Likes

He did.

1 Like

Stupidity at its finest.

2 Likes

I fully agree. Normally I say respect the dead, but…

1 Like

I only feel bad for the 19-year-old honestly… everyone else, nope.

2 Likes

Yeah.

1 Like

Yup, that 19yo… and also the young son of that pilot (or whatever he was) who was sooooo proud of his dad and was always posting him on his socials
BREAKS my heart

2 Likes

Yeah…

1 Like