The tortured poets department

Taylor Swift Guache GIF by Espelho

Okay, as I am typing this I am listening to the album for the first time, have only listened to the first 2 songs so far (Fortnight and The Tortured Poets Department). I like both songs, especially the title song of the album is such a typical Taylor Swift song tho, idk I can’t think of what song it makes me think of, but I’m pretty sure it’s quite similar to one of her older songs. Feels quite nostalgic in a way.
Either what’s everyone thoughts on this album? :eyes:

3 Likes

Went through the whole album while working on uni, can confirm, I love it. It’s exactly the Taylor type of vibe I am a fan of. It’s more my vibe than Midnights tbh. It’s this music that you both can listen to on the background, but also, you won’t truly appreciate it until you listen attentively, and I think that’s exactly what I liked to about evermore and folklore, as those albums have that too!

1 Like

It’s killing me in every possible way :)

3 Likes

Can relate, I am listening to it again now

This second listen, it’s even better :sob:

I think most, if not all songs, will end up in my playlist

Waittt, I have not listened to the full thing yet :sob: I was in the shorter album that’s like an hour, but there’s a 2 hour album and I haven’t heard like half these songs yet…

1 Like

DO IT THEYRE SO GOOD

1 Like

The actual best songs on the album are the ones on the full version

2 Likes

I stand by my words

1 Like

1000000% agree, they are sooooo good!!

1 Like

Insane

1 Like

Like the first hour is an 8.5, but the extra songs, like a 9 to me

Everything together, it’s such an amazing album tho, I know it will probably be a lot in my spotify wrapped this year :joy:

1 Like

My professor likes it٫ lol.

1 Like

Going through the most depressing time of my life so she really picked the right time for this album :DDD
Have been screaming, crying and throwing up because of this album legit every single day? Yes, yes I have!

So after a few days of listening to all those songs I’m back with more thoughts and some rankings:

1. PETER - OMG OMG SCREAMING CRYING MORE SCREAMING AND VIOLENTLY SOBBING ON THE BATHROOM, BEDROOM, AND EVERY FLOOR OF THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE.
    Let’s talk for a second about this line: “IS IT SOMETHING I DID?
    WELL… IS IT???>???
    Or: “The goddess of timing once found us beguiling. She said she was trying, Peter, was she lying? My ribs get the feeling she did!!”
    YES??? JUST… WFT.

The mention of the “goddess of timing” implies a belief that fate brought them together, yet there’s a nagging doubt: “Peter, was she lying?”. This doubt underscores the uncertainty surrounding their separation and Swift’s questioning of her own role in it.

JUST SATB ME IN THE HEART ALREADY WILL YA
SO true… like so true.
buT THAT’S not all folks, the most gut-wrenching part: “And I won’t confess that I waited, but I let the lamp burn. As the men masqueraded, I hoped you’d return, With your feet on the ground, tell me all that you’d learned 'Cause love’s never lost when perspective is earned”
brb need to go cry :)))))

1. The propHECY - NOW THIS ONE legit had me throwing up for days straight, it’s kind of embarrassing how many tears I cried because of this song. I do not eat, I do not breath I just die inside, okay, cool coooool. You goo Isi? Yeah, why you ask? Let’s go lyric by lyric:
    “And it was written I got cursed like Eve got bitten.Oh, was it punishment?” - IS IT? SO FING true man
    “I guess a lesser woman would’ve lost hope A greater woman wouldn’t beg But I looked to the sky and said” - THSI PART MAN, THIS PART. I LOST MY VOICE BECAUSE OF THIS PART AND THIS NEXT ONE. A grEAter WoMaN woULDNT BEG BUT GUESS WHAT? IM NOT HER
    Please
    “I’ve been on my knees, Change the prophecy, Don’t want money Just someone who wants my company, Let it once be me. Who do I have to speak to About if they can redo the prophecy?” - iMD EAD AGAIN IM DONE THATS IT GOODBYE WORLD
    “Poison blood from the wound of the pricked hand. Oh, still I dream of him” - i’m not even gonna comment on this, it’s just… yeah :) you get it
    "A greater woman stays cool
    But I howl like a wolf at the moon
    And I look unstable" - just lock me up already

2. My boy only bREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS - oh man… oh maaaaaaan here we go again, calm down. “The voices in his head Called the rain to end our days of wild” HAAAA HAAA were your trying to be funny Tay? WELL IT’S NOT FUNNY
    “I should’ve known it was a matter of time, oh, oh. My boy only breaks his favorite toys, oh oh”
    Like… I love you with all my heart but let me just quickly rip this poor heart of yours right out of your chest and step on it, like trillion billion times, it’s fine… it’s totally fine :))) I don’t relate to it, not at all. Why do you think that???
    buT THIS is what hits he most: “'Cause you should’ve seen him when he first saw me”
    because yes hahah :D haaahah hahah ahahahahah ahashashszhhhashahahAHAHAHAHAHAH

3. LOSSSSSSSSSS OF MY LIFE - F U SONG, F U TAYLOR. I don’t even want to comment on this song… “I felt aglow like this Never before and never since. If you know it in one glimpse, it’s legendary. You and I go from one kiss to getting married” - haha why you calling me out like that Tay??
    “You Holy Ghost, you told me I’m the love of your life, You said I’m the love of your life About a million times” :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
    And then she ends it with “YOU’RE THE LOSS OF MY LIFE”??? HELLO???
    GIRL??? ARE U OKAY??? BECAUSE I AM NOT.

4. TTPD - this song needs more attention. Like… Bro… just… how did she get my journal and how dare she steal this line out of it: “And who’s gonna hold you like me? And who’s gonna know you, if not me?” OR OR “At dinner, you take my ring off my middle finger and put it on the one people put wedding rings on and that’s the closest I’ve come to my heart exploding” I’d actually laugh if that legit did not happen to me haha hhaaaa ahahahahah ahahahah

5. Fortnight - okay I love this song!! Was not a big fan at first but… AH
    “And I love you, it’s ruining MY LIFE” - need to go somewhere far away and just scream this

6. ​​So long, London - don’t relate that much but I could forever scream the part: “How much sad did you think I had, did you think I had in me? How much tragedy?”

7. ​​imgonnagetyouback - it’s a vibe and just yes :)) unlike her I have decided

8. Down bad
    “Now I’m down bad, cryin’ at the gym. Everything comes out teenage petulance. “Fck it if I can’t have him. I might just die, it would make no difference””
    SAME girl.
    Ok i’m done.

1 Like

I love the:
I’m having his baby
No, I’m not, but you should see your faces
It made me laugh so much when I first really paid attention to it, and I’ve seen so much funny reactions to this line :joy:

1 Like

And Peter just connects with me on such a deep level. Just replace the title, and it basically could be about a toxic ex I had. He constantly told me he would do better, he would be treating me better, but he never actually did.

1 Like

I’m in my anger stage so THE SMALLEST MAN WHO EVER LIVED is just
:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

Assuming I need to listen to this. Spotify?

1 Like