The Wearable Art Show

This is an annual fashion show that is held in the capital of New Zealand (Wellington). We call it “WOW” - World of WearableArt, and every year the talent and artwork to come out of it are phenomenal.

A rundown of what it is (taken from the site):

World of WearableArt (WOW) is a unique combination of the world’s leading wearable art competition and a spectacular stage show held in Wellington, New Zealand. WOW attracts cutting-edge talent from across the globe, from the garment designers to the show’s dancers, aerialists, musicians and performers and the creative team which spends around 18 months bringing each bespoke WOW Awards Season together.

World of WearableArt Awards Show is New Zealand’s largest theatrical production and is a not-to-be-missed event for around 60,000 people as well as a coveted competition for international designers working at the cutting edge of fashion, art, design and costume, alongside students and first-time entrants.

Watch as we look over some of the greatest show moments and most breathtaking garments from 2010 – 2019, looking back on the decade and looking forward to what’s to come.

Here are some of the unbelievable pieces from it:

What do you think of this show, @Artists? Know of anything similar?

6 Likes

Ooh, I had a contest in 2nd grade where we had to make a dress or outfit out of waste materials and wear it.

Didn’t participate in it tho :cry:

1 Like

Omg they look so rad

1 Like

Yeah, they do. It’s a pretty big thing here. (wink)

Why not?

2 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t4:
Ask my 2nd grade self.

1 Like

Oh. I left my time machine behind.

1 Like

Aw! Borrow the time turner from Hermione :grinning:

1 Like

We never hung out much, she kinda disliked me. I kept stealing her guy.

1 Like

oMg RoNaLdO wEaSeLbEe?!
wHy?!

1 Like

HEHEHE. Humour, is a BIG thing for me. He was my first EVER crush and still is to this day. (Actor and character)

1 Like

Noice.
But we going off-topic.

omg Cali’s off-topic with me for the first time :pleading_face::star_struck:

2 Likes

omg sameee, they called it “Junk to Funk” and I joined it when I was in my 7th grade.

I think it’s really awesome, because it really lets the creative juices out of the artists.

2 Likes

Ours was called “Best of Waste”

2 Likes

Yes, and it’s using recyclable material. So that’s good for the environment too. (wink)

BAHAHAHAHA! I go off-topic all the time though. (thinking) I guess I just stop before the limit so no one gets me in trouble.

2 Likes

me thought me was speshal

1 Like

You are though, in so many ways. (wink)

1 Like

thenks. you too.

1 Like

oooh those look super cool

1 Like

They really are. A fantastic show and I love how they allow local kids and schools to enter too

1 Like

Wait, this is so cool! I didn’t know about this :hushed:
Added to my bucket list

1 Like