The worst ending to an anime or manga?

I’d have to say the worst anime ending I’ve seen is The Promised Neverland, because of how it differed from the anime. @AnimeNerds, what was the worst ending to anime or manga you’ve seen?

1 Like

Listen. Nothing compares to the extreme endings of Evangelion. Spoiler warning below.

The creator himself said " If a person who can already live and communicate normally watches it, they won’t learn anything" basically saying: Anime is for introverted souls that suffer to find connections in real life.

In the positive ending, the show narrowed down its focus on the main character in which he finally makes a bit of a breakthrough in beginning to learn how to love himself.

In the negative ending, the show narrowed down on the end of the world…in which all hope is lost, along with the main character’s desire to change himself…leading to the idea that he’ll become his father (one of the worst fathers of any story ever).

However, the ending that everyone who watched it really wanted was more along the lines of…showing that there was hope in surviving the end of the world AND that the characters could overcome their personal traumas in the process.

I understand that the creator struggled through his own depression and had come upon what he felt was the most important to the story…Shinji accepting himself and those around him, therefore, NOT becoming like his horrendous father…however, I feel he was pressured too badly by everyone and couldn’t merge the mental aspects of the show with the physical ones in time. To this day, it’s heartbreaking. The real events of what happened after the end of the show was crazier than the anime itself (the guy received death threats, the studios struggled, it was absolutely insane).

2 Likes

Is it good? I’m considering watching it.

1 Like

It is incredible…until the “let’s go into a different genre” ending…it FEELS bad because it’s sudden, but you can imagine a much better ending in your head between the ending of the anime and the movie ending (which is the alternate DOOM ending). The series itself is worth seeing at least once in your life. Also, the theme song will also get stuck in your head for life.

1 Like

its amazing, but dang the ending :sob:

1 Like

It already is.

1 Like

It’s not the worst but it wasn’t preferred… you know… the ending to the second season of Death Note. :sob:

Kinda annoying the way Light acted. :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Oh don’t get me started on Death Note…

1 Like

I refuse to watch after episode 25.

1 Like

Now, is Code Geass good? I only watched the first two episodes.

Totally not forcing you to. Make something better up in your head.

1 Like

They. Both. Live. Damnit.

1 Like

Anyone?

Watched it. Loved it.

1 Like

Crap. I remembered ANOTHER anime whose ending pissed me the freak off…ESCAFLOWNE!!! O_O;;;;

BUT…if I remember correctly, the anime’s ending is still BETTER than the MANGA ending??? Like how badly can you fck this sht up, author!? I mean COME ON…

…it’s REALLY enjoyable to watch, though. BEST background music. The BEST.

Du-dun du-dun~ Esca~ flowne~! :musical_note: