The Worst Mary-Sue Tropes

List all the worst Mary-Sue tropes here so people know what to avoid! I have a whole checklist on my website here:

But we’ve all read enough Episode and Wattpad stories to know even more tropes!

The worst for me is the purple eye obsession. Why do Mary Sues so often have purple eyes? Or different coloured eyes?

19 Likes

bEcAUse tHey’rE nOt liKE oTHeR gIRls

18 Likes

• The tough, sassy bad girl who’s just a Mary Sue in disguise. :orange_heart:
• And the purple eyes. Why? :purple_heart:
• The shy MC who falls for the bad boy. :green_heart:

13 Likes

A Mary Sue needing to be the classical interpretation of ‘’‘virtuous’’’ and ‘’‘pure’’’ has always irked me. Like they need their f**kability or men won’t find them interesting but they also need to be kind-hearted virgins who don’t ever allow themselves to be tainted.

Like get out of here, why is not having sex linked with the idea of perfection? No. Stop.

14 Likes

Majority of the Episode Mcs.

10 Likes

Yes! I hate when the shyness never affects her negatively. It just makes the bad boy think she’s cute. Yeah right! If she’s so awkward and shy, I wanna see that mess up her chances to have friends at least once or it isn’t a real flaw, people!

14 Likes

This will be useful when making my Mary Sue story- I titled it The Power In Me because I couldn’t come up with anything else :joy:

11 Likes

When people add skin conditions to the Mcs and treat it as if it never really effects them that much. Or “they’re too strong to get easily effected by it.” Yeah right. Eczema is a good example. The only time they really mention it is for the Mc or people to joke about them having it or make it seem like its something so small. It really isn’t.

10 Likes

What annoys me with the Mary-Sues is that they’re just so damn perfect.

11 Likes

Perfection is overrated

6 Likes

Why is a freaking Episode character better than me? I don’t understand

8 Likes

That’s what the term means :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ik im repetitive
But loudmouth in ur face “strong” females.

The ones who are so strong wth no training
So badass
So bitchy for no reason
So emotionless(until the author forces it and it seems unrealistic)(but thts a long rant)
Hates dresses/skirts/makeup

So inhuman…

13 Likes

Ugh the strong with no training thing gets me! They’re always fighting these big, trained people and they always win. Yeah right

12 Likes

Mhmn.
Ik i rag on them a lot but i like strong girls(all the women from avatar last airbender were done beautifully)

I just hate this fake/loud b*tchy personalities=strong

8 Likes

Here’s my Mary Sue:

11 Likes

Details?

4 Likes

The tutu and the butt-shield tho :heart_eyes:

The kind of Mary-Sue I hate the most is the “strong and independent” one that just whines. Constantly. And what makes it worse is the fact that most of the time the other characters don’t seem to notice it and would describe that Mary-Sue as an independent woman who speaks up for herself. Just no. She just wails in self-pitty. Aaaand the cherry on top of the cake that makes this kind of character the worst Mary-Sue for me is when the super hot bad boy shows up and solves all of the MC’s problems, yet the MC is still the strong one :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

If i ever see a purple eyed MC i swear, I’m gonna blind them with a toothpick :rage::triumph:

6 Likes

When the MC is being a badass MC but is b*tchy to other females who want to be her friend, and not a ex-mean girl, an ordinary girl, they are so unfriendly they are like “hmm ok, bye”

6 Likes