I-

It was said that you would destroy the sith, not join them

4 Likes

I mean this one can be done right…

7 Likes

You were my brother…

I L O V E D you

2 Likes

Generally this leads to a Mary Sue if they either get over their revenge or if it’s played as the right thing to do.

Revenge is just inherently a morally grey area that never goes anywhere good. When a writer leans into that it’s usually fantastic

3 Likes

MC doing dumb / risky sh*t in horror, adventure, mystery or thriller stories and still comes out alive (and usually unscathed)… That is a superpower I’d like to have.

5 Likes

Lol, me too.

1 Like

What if going to people who are supposed to give out justice (like the police) does not go right… and then revenge is their only way out?

1 Like

Still morally grey. Taking ‘’‘justice’’’ into one’s own hands doesn’t lead to a good place emotionally. And stories that portray that are doing a disservice to real people.

This is coming from someone who loves the trope, has experience with this in real life and plans to write several revenge stories over the course of my stories. Usually revenge is good for making a compelling antagonist or antihero, because it’s easier to make them morally grey and somewhat dubious in the whole ‘level-headed’ department. A hero though? That’s hard, but when it works, it works

2 Likes

That’s an interesting take on it, what would you say to people who are writing this trope?

1 Like

Forget about making your hero entirely likable or relatable. The only way you could possibly do that is by making the villain cartoonishly evil, and by that point you’ve already failed because your hero is too good and your villain too bad. There’s a healthy middle ground of a villain being understandable but irredeemable and your hero having just cause but still being out to serve their own justice

3 Likes

That’s very smart and a great perspective, Chaotic. Thank you for the info :blush:

3 Likes

Parents getting killed in the first episode is a no no to me. I’ve seen it too frequently in stories.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s way too common

3 Likes

Yeah get fvcked Batman

7 Likes

Even out of context this made me lol

6 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

When all the characters fall for MC and end up fighting over them.

DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THAT???

5 Likes

Idek.

Possible, since the MCs are always the prettiest. There are multiple people who have a crush on one person in my school.

6 Likes

Dang, that’s crazy.

BUT WHEN THAT IS THE ONLY STORY LINE/THEIR ONLY PURPOSE.
They just exist to love MC :’))

2 Likes

Lol, so true.

1 Like