The worst parts of anime/manga

What do you think are the worst parts of anime or manga?

For me I think the worst parts of anime are filler episodes that don’t really do anything for character development.

Manga maybe pages of not much happening.

@AnimeNerds

3 Likes

I mentioned this on my reasons to dislike anime but…

Anime and manga do just have that sexualising kids problem, don’t it? :joy: Nothing puts me off a show more than when a character looking like a literal child get objectified by the cinematography. It’s disgusting

3 Likes

Added discussion tag

Um, there isn’t a worst part, but there are some bad parts of anime/manga.

• Some anime have bad writing.
  • Over sexualised scenes.
  • Triggering scenes without trigger warnings.

Yeah, that’s pretty much it.

1 Like

Honestly the worst part of anime and manga is that 9/10 times women aren’t written with any real character, strength, intelligence or agency.

3 Likes

So My Hero female characters in a nutshell?

1 Like

Normalising/romanticising unhealthy tropes…

e.g: Female characters harassing or attacking the protagonist (without a valid reason) but it is depicted as “romantic” or “cute”.

4 Likes

My Hero is one of the better examples actually
I’m thinking more along the lines of SAO, Death Note, Shonen shows like Naruto.

2 Likes

Even female centered shows like Sailor Moon suffered from this problem

1 Like

As much as I love Naruto, I agree that the female characters in it weren’t done well. Sakura missed too many opportunities to become the badass heroine we wanted her to be.

3 Likes

This is why I really disliked Taiga Aisaka from Toradora at first.

2 Likes

I totally understand, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen Toradora but I definitely wasn’t a big fan of hers intially. The tsundere trope is verrrry iffy because it’s really easy for it to border the unhealthy idea of “they abuse you because they love you.” x-x

2 Likes

Closed Due to Inactivity.