The Writer's Ranting Thread šŸ–Š šŸ“

Me too!

1 Like

It looks like from episode 8 of Deadly Nightshade and onwards, I might have to use gem choices to possibly get more reads.

Iā€™ve been feeling down about myself as a writer again.

Also thinking of pulling out of the Heroic writerā€™s contest because of school, I have no idea what my new schedule is gonna look like

Anyone else wanna rant??

So, I finished my novel in December and Iā€™m currently working on a short story collection. But to me, it feels like I didnā€™t write that novel. I mean, I reread the whole thing to edit and just thought something like ā€œOh it must have taken so much time to write thisā€ā€¦ Iā€™m the one who wrote it, I should know that it took a lot of time :woman_facepalming: I know that I wrote it but it doesnā€™t feel like I did that which is super annoying. I also noticed that itā€™s really not helping with keeping me motivated to write other stories. I just keep telling myself that I never manage to finish a story and then my brain reminds me that I actually finished a novel. Why does it feel like it wasnā€™t me who wrote that story? :upside_down_face: This is really getting too much for me, I just want to be proud of myself for writing a whole novel but I canā€™t.

1 Like

Rant of my own:

Iā€™ve been pestering Episode for days to see if my review is finished for Deadly Nightshade, I sent in 3 to 4 tickets and have had no response. I canā€™t see my rank and have not been able to for a while now. Iā€™m so annoyed

1 Like

If i have to rewrite one more paragraph because the seasons and surroundings changed through my lack of consistency i might cry :cry:.

Ahhhhā€¦ WORLDBUILDING IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

I wanna skip to having a finished story.

1 Like

ik this isnt an advice thread but i think someone told me like a couple years ago that if you send another ticket thats the same as the other one before, it puts it back at the end of the queue, not 100% on that tho.

1 Like

That makese a lot a sense!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been working on writing stuff for Episode and itā€™s frustrating because Iā€™m so on and off with it. Like I always change my mind. Thatā€™s why Iā€™ve been writing/scripting it all out before doing the code. The same things still happen, itā€™s just less infuriating than dealing with code that is useless/I donā€™t want.

1 Like

Or you could try coding it on a separate document

1 Like

Anydannywhoā€¦ I am having a little dilemma withā€¦ gem choices. Iā€™m not sure whether I want to include a gem choice for unlocking a bonus scene. Right now I have a type-in question, which is a code the readers need to type in. On one hand, I wanna make my story accessible to all readers. On another hand, I keep remembering how a famous (if you could call em that) author said that the only way to trend now is to include gem choicesā€¦ and I donā€™t wanna capitalize my story just to trendā€¦ IIIIIII donā€™t know what to do. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I assume the type in code is found earlier in the chapter, yeah? So those who were paying attention type in the word and get a bonus scene. Whereas, those who donā€™t know it or get it wrong, could get a gem option of whether they want to buy the bonus scene.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ thatā€™s a lot of branching though lol

1 Like

Is it? Boy, youā€™d hate to see my story then. HAHAHA

1 Like

You write on Episode???

1 Like

I did, yeah. HAHAHA

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that! Whyā€™d you stop?

1 Like

Time and kinda went away from Episode.

1 Like

Ohhhh, okay. Do you still read on Episode though?

1 Like

Yeah. I keep thinking I should get back into writing stories on there but yeah, then I just donā€™t. HA.
As for reading, nah, I donā€™t even do that.

1 Like