The Writing Competition ~ July 2020

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the returning instalment, The Writing Competition. As we all know @Jass and @Rainbow used to run this but after recent inquiries on my path, I took over and will be running it with the amazing @katabasis.

The entries are going to be picked, both by the community and panel of judges. Normally the winner of the previous competition helps in selecting the theme but this time it wasn’t done like that. The previous winner, @Littlefeets is still going to be part of the judging panel, so she isn’t liable to enter this contest. The winning entry is going to be selected using this rubric.

Without further ado, the theme for this month is…

PREJUDICE

You have until the 2020-07-22T22:59:00Z for all entries are to be submitted through this form. There’s an 800-20,000-word limit to give you a large work surface area. Other than this, the only other rules to be followed are listed below.

Rules
  • Please state below if you’re going to participate in the contest, so your username can be added as a password. I’m adding a password so the forms aren’t spammed and I can keep track of everyone’s entries.

• Your entry must be an original. It’s sad that I have to say this but please let all your work be original. All entries are going to be checked by me and Mel to avoid plagiarism. If it so happens that we find anything that matches your work by 85%, you will be disqualified and won’t be able to participate in the next month’s competition.

• Every user is limited to one entry. The forms have been set to one entry per person so this rule is just to make you aware. If it so happens that you sent in the wrong entry or aren’t satisfied with what you sent in, please comment below and I’ll delete your entry so you can submit a new one.

• Stay within the word limit. Please let your work be above eight hundred words but no more than 20,000 words.

Prizes
  • Writer of the month badge
  • A shout out on our Instagram
  • The honour of coming up with the next theme and joining our judges for August.

@Mouschi @idiot.exe - Because you expressed interest in this.

23 Likes

Yaaay!

I’m really exicted for this! :smile_cat:

7 Likes

Quick question. Does prejudice in general include those with mental disorders or disabilities?

4 Likes

It’s based on your perception of the topic

4 Likes

Good to know.

3 Likes

What do you mean by copyright on the form? You have 1 secion with no questions and one you need a number for

4 Likes

The form is still being worked on because I started it late. And how did you access the forms?

2 Likes

Pressed in link in the OP

Fair enough :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I would like to enter the contest :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll add your name. Do you want to submit now…?

2 Likes

Not right now. Its still a work on progress.

3 Likes

CanI submit now or dose the form still need more work?

3 Likes

You can submit, I’ll open it up for you.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

I got this when trying to type in my username

What’s your forum username? *
Sophia!233

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It should be fixed now

Um, @Sophia1233 would you kindly refill the form? I just want to make sure I have all the details correct because some spaces are blank?

1 Like

Sure

1 Like

Okay, I’ll try and give this a try.

Can I join?

2 Likes

Yes, the competition is open to everyone!

4 Likes

Looking forward to everyone’s amazing entries!

2 Likes

How many people have submitted so far? :eyes:

2 Likes