There, Their or They're: Which Should You Use?

Originally published at: https://shanniiwrites.com/2019/03/17/there-their-or-theyre-which-should-you-use/

Are you struggling with the difference between there, their and they’re? Well, here’s some help!

10 Likes

I still screw this up so much xD typos are the worst

5 Likes

Quite helpful, thank you! Similar to when people mistaken “your” and “you’re” quite often too. I tend see “Your welcome” instead of “You’re welcome.”
Other than that hopefully other can see this since it’s well explained and easily to comprehend :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a really common mistake! I’ll definitely do a post on it! Thank you :smiley:

3 Likes

Bump.

2 Likes

I still mess up with this.

Very useful, so I’m bumping

Large bump

Larger bump!

I need a blog for effect and affect
Then and than.

This one is such an easy thing to mess up! I completely understand which one I should use and when, but I still catch myself messing up all the time! You can understand the difference and how to use them, but unless you carefully watch what you type/write you can easily find yourself using the wrong ones. I’m luckily someone who reads over what I’m typing a lot as I type it, often reading a sentence I just typed three times before I even finish the next sentence. That’s how I catch myself often having typed the wrong one. Without watching your typing, you can spell it incorrectly and have the wrong one without even noticing.

1 Like

I’m so glad that I’ve never really had a problem with that. In school, they gave us hundreds of exercises with those so we really won’t ever mix them up. The problem is that if I see someone messing them up, it kind of annoys me. Not really annoying, but it’s just very weird to me and makes me stop reading. So please, can everyone read this blog posts if you don’t know which one to use? Everything is explained so well! :pleading_face:

smol bump

Hey @Bloggers, which grammar should we use and why is it so important? Take a read of this and tell me what you think!

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

3 Likes

it almost feels like the ‘your and you’re’ mistakes.
Wish there was an easy way to remember there, Their and They’re, in the same way you can remember your and you’re:

“Know the difference between your garbage and you’re garbage”

My English teacher taught me this and I’ve never made the mistake ever again :joy:

1 Like

HAHAHA! That’s pretty awesome. Take a read of the blog, that could help you with it.

1 Like

Luckily for me, I know what to use :smirk:
Our grammar teacher had drilled that into our heads

1 Like

NIce. Very lucky, you are.
Still, have you had a read of the blog anyway, you know, just to help Shannii and the forums? Maybe even liking it on the site or commenting?

1 Like

Oh I don’t make those. English Grammer is easier than Dutch :joy:

1 Like

What? Make what?

1 Like

The mistakes of there, their and They’re.

1 Like