Tiger King, Netflix documentary

Who’s watching???

:no_mouth:

2 Likes

Y’know, I’m not watching it but everybody I know keeps talking about it

Is it a sign from the universe :joy:

2 Likes

It’s literally madness.

But also I hope people don’t judge all Americans because of this gay, polyamorous, tiger-breeding narcissist with a mullet and his nemesis a possible murderer cat lady…

4 Likes

I most definitely won’t judge all Americans on that example :joy:

1 Like

He is insane and the whole series is insane!

Having a virtual finale watch party tonight and so impatient to see the last episode and what happens…

1 Like

Never heard of it before, what is it about? :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

It’s about a guy (Joe Exotic) who breeds and owns a lot of tigers and his feud with a woman who also owns (but no longer breeds) tigers in the US and it’s wild because that’s leaving out all the crazy drama between them and in their own lives. My fave person is Saff whose arm gets bit off by a tiger but survives (thank goodness!).

4 Likes

And why do they breed tigers? Isn’t that illegal? :eyes::eyes::eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

You’d think it was illegal but it somehow isn’t. They actually estimate that there are more tigers (like 4000 to 5000) in private zoos than in the wild currently.

3 Likes

Inhale

CAROLE BASKIN KILLED HER HUSBAND

Acyually, in my opinion, I think he escaped. I think he wanted a new life or something. I

2 Likes

I got so shocked when I realised you could get a tiger for 2 grand

MY WHOLE LIFE. I SPENT MY WHOLE LIFE THINKING THESE TIGERS WERE UNTOUCHABLE. AND THAT THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD GET ONE BUT WODB

2 Likes

When you supported Doc Antle and actually wanted to work with him someday-

2 Likes

xDd

Honestly the job didn’t seem that bad

Besides the harems, sleeping in stables, and euthanizing cubs.

4 Likes

I think the most interesting thing about Tiger King is that there isn’t a “good” side or a “bad” side. Like most of the time its easy to tell who the heroes are.
But in Tiger King everyone’s pretty neutral :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Besides from all that :eyes:
xD

1 Like

Yeah, everyone is morally ambiguous a bit, though I’d say most lean towards pretty terrible people but no one person is the “good guy” vs the “bad guy”

I’m glad that is past tense :grimacing:

2 Likes

I saw this all the way through like two weeks ago and I’m still thinking about it, I think the documentary trains you to think “I don’t know how but this is going to get crazier” so when it ended I knew there had to be a bunch of other sh*t we hadn’t seen or known about. From what I’ve gathered some great post doc info:

1. That is not Joe singing, although Here Kitty Kitty will forever be the greatest country diss track of all time, it is actually the music of The Clinton Johnson Band

2. Aside from the arson at the TV studio several arsons have fallowed the enemies of Joe Exotic including a mysterious fire that nearly killed producer Rick Kirkaham (the man with the Indiana Jones hat smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee in what looks like a ski loge) at his home in Dallas, not long after his falling out with Joe. There was also an arson at the residents of former reptile dealer Jeff Johnson (the man giving interviews in front of a barn with a tractor) and an arson at either the home or business of a man not mentioned in the doc who was planning on helping Joe and Jeff open a bi sexual strip club petting zoo - yeah you read that right bi sexual strip club petting zoo. They had a falling out and shablam mysterious fire. Joe Exotic is the Dragon Queen.

3. While we can never know for sure because of the TV studio arson Rick Kirkham has mentioned a few terrible instances that were captured during the year of filming for the reality show, according to an interview he did on David Spade’s podcast he at one point had footage of Joe having a personal problem with a tiger he didn’t like and solving it by just walking up and shooting that tiger in the head. Then there’s the time he promised a local woman, who came to him in tears and who he hugged and comforted, he’d let her old horse live the rest of it’s life out at the zoo and then gleefully had Rick and the production team film him shoot, kill, and butcher that horse before feeding it to the lions.

4. Jon Finley wants everyone to know he got some new teeth, he’s looking good and feeling fine, and he although he’s dibble dabbled he was never addicted to meth, his teeth were a genetic condition.

5. Carole Baskin had a live-in boyfriend shortly after Don’s disappearance and before marrying Howard, he ended up also unsuccessfully trying to file a restraining order against Carole, claiming he felt his life was in danger, claiming Carole would mention Don was dead and insinuate she knew for sure, and claiming Carole once mentioned to him that human bones were found at the trailer park neighboring her property and if they had been on her property she would be “in deep sh*t”. Keep in mind this is all hearsay from a boyfriend she was clearly having problems.

6. Saff, the person that got their arm torn off in the tiger cage, is a man and goes by he/him pronouns.

F*ck the MCU, I want eight spin offs and four sequels to Tiger King.

5 Likes

Let’s get a freaking Saff movie

3 Likes