TimberFalls: Before The Storm [Official Thread]

In the small yet thriving town, where every and any townie can build a life and leave a legacy within the old rusted gates lies Timberfalls. This very town is fresh on the map yet the feeling is consistently eerie as if a decade-long mystery has been planted right in the middle of its roots. Many if not all tourists who visit Timerballs stay due to their vast population growth and close-knit community which grants a sense of security, unlike a big bustling city. Despite this security, you might as well chuck it down the drain as odd occurrences have happened far too many times in the town alongside the biggest tale of all created by a group of youth. No adults believe these youths’ assertion that a freak storm is coming to hit the world only leaving Mexico unscathed and it surely means everyone harm. With the storm quickly approaching alongside a powerful organization bent on bringing this storm to wipe out the world, the youth are forced to flee on a long-time trip to Mexico or meet ghastly ends.

NOTE: Roleplay created by @ForeverAngel & Co-Owned by @GlitterFist

INFORMATION:

Welcome to TimberFalls, Washington! A proud and happy town located between large thickets of Forrest and the best diner you could eat at. This will be my last role play of the year and in general for a long while. But as a whole, I wanted a different vibe instead of staying in one place, PLOT TWIST. You have to constantly be on the move or be hit by a freak storm. This means a bunch of teens/young adults are going to have to go on a giant doomsday trip with each other meaning drama, romance, friendships, possibly death, people believing the storm as the world lol except Mexico begins to descend into madness and utter chaos around this group who’s struggling like heck to get across their border. Multiple pit stops, People abandoning the trip as a whole, People sticking out in the end, Betrayal, Reconciling, Sacrifices. ANYTHINGGG Could happen on such a trip therefore…are you up for the ride?

Rules!
  • No Mary Sue’s or Gary Stu’s it’s impossible.
  • Please be respectful of everyone in the role-play.
  • Art Faceclaims ONLY!
  • PLEASE Be active! A post every 4 days is required, If you give an excused reason as to why you need more than 4 days please pm me. After a week of inactivity, you will receive a warning through pm. After 2 weeks your character(s) will be put up for adoption.
  • Relationships are allowed but sure it’s nothing too intimate in the general area, Make it minimal with a trigger warning, Anything too descriptive take it to PM.
  • Do not attempt to kill characters without permission from the owner of said character.
  • Please add location to your character’s name so it wont be confusing on where you were if you take some time off the rp.
  • 2 Characters per person MAX. This is a smaller RP.
Skill List!

Acrobat: Joy/@GlitterFist
Thief: Declan/@GlitterFist
Survivalist: Finn/@ForeverAngel
Mechanic: Tati/@ForeverAngel
Singer: Tati/@ForeverAngel
Inventor: Neveah/@Kristi
Baker: Shay/@FuzilladeBlue
Violinist: Milan/@FuzilladeBlue
Detective Skills Adrian/@elixr

Information/Links!

Faceclaims: :camera:
Audio: :loud_sound:
Homes: :house_with_garden:
Health/Info: :heart:
Inventory: :handbag:

NOTE: This role play will have a simple lifestyle system meaning hunger, thirst, exhaustion and medical things like injuries will matter in this Role-play it won’t be excessive but be wary as your character will face hardships whilst on the run.

If you have any questions regarding any information here, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Official Role-play Start: January 10th

MUST READ.

To access the audio on the Faceclaims you must click the audio link then go back and click the Faceclaims slide for it to work. Feel free to ask questions about this.

6 Likes

Welcome to TimberFalls, Washington! A beautiful seaside town nestled in large thickets of forestation and between giant pools of oceans with dazzling sunlight. Many come to TimberFalls for a peace of mind or tightly knit comfortability with family. Regardless the town has stood proud for the past years retaining the title of serene. Unlike modern cities and fast-paced livelihood- You can always come to TimberFalls for a few days to free your mind…even if odd events are occurring in this town as of late.

Time Of Day: 8:00 AM.

Date: January 5th, 2013.

Weather: Sunny, with a slight wind. Except colder temperatures when nightfall hits.

Town Vibe: As usual- calm and steady.

RP Song Theme:

4 Likes

Finn drove down the rough roads of TimberFalls swerving his van a bit whilst trying to stay on the road, sleep didn’t do him justice tonight. Granted he was used to the outdoors sleeping on a pile of leaves because someone wanted to steal his tent throughout the night would affect any outdoorsy person. After a short drive he arrived at Gus n’ Gasoline- A former friend of his father and longtime buddy, after securing his van was safe he strolled into the gas station. “Mornin’ Gus. How’s today treatin’ ya?” Finnegan asked in his strong southern accent.

“However it wants- station is slow today…If it keeps happening I may just shut down and move shop.” Gus trailed off in a gruff voice. Finn’s smile faded a bit, he didn’t have many friends and the only one he trusted the most was Gus himself. Exhaling a tired sigh Finn nodded. “It’s rough out here, but if you change yer’ mind I’m just a walk short.” Finn smiled and took the time to hug the man who had been sort of a father figure for him for so long and for some odd reason, he felt like today was the last day he’d see his friend. Paying for the gas and waving him off he trudged back towards his van and pryed open the gas tank latch. “I promise once we’re on the road your getting a good maintenance job ol’ girl.” Finn chuckled.

He mindlessly looked up towards the sunny sky that had clouds twirling in the far distance whilst he filled the tank. Man, nothing was like TimberFalls. Even if he grew bored from time to time he never had the guts to move no matter how much he wanted too. The serenity was peaceful but just as suffocating.

APPROACHABLE.

4 Likes

Joy Trac Nguyen

A caravan of RVs and small semi trucks wound their way through the rocky, mountainous terrain, gliding along the road towards the sleepy town of Timberfalls. The muffled sounds of loud, psychedelic music leaked out from the windows of the vehicles, mixed with bubbly pop music coming from the RV leading the line. Various bright colored murals were hand painted on the sides of the semis, showing scenes of magic and people performing impossible feats. Each mural shared three words in common; St. Giong Circus, painted in bright and unmissable gold.

The caravan entered the city but stopped before getting too far past the outskirts. Each of the vehicles pulled into the gas station to top up, use the bathroom, get snacks and stretch their legs. As people piled out of the trucks in waves, more people than it looked like the tiny convenience could actually hold. One of this huge crowd was a long-legged girl with long black hair, who jumped out of the lead RV and looked around at the tiny town, beaming with joy.

“It feels SO GOOD to be back home!” Joy cried. She threw her arms out and twirled, looking up at the sky and tasking a long, deep breath of fresh Washington air. “I’ve missed you, Timberfalls!”

@ForeverAngel (idk they’re in the same place at least lol)

1 Like

Finn blinked recollecting his focus back to filling up the tank of his trusted van when a girl in what looked like a circus van leaped out and twirled around shouting about how much she missed Timberfalls. Finnegan accidentally let a chuckle slip. “Welcome back, stranger. What made you come back to this here’ town.” Finnegan asked in curiosity, he took a moment to overlook her. She was super bubbly just by her getup and he’d never seen such a large carnival van before.

Finishing the fill-up his old van needed he took out the nozzle and hooked it back to the pump taking a moment to forcefully shut the squeaky gas cap. “Sorry how rude, I’m Finnegan but my buds call me Finn.” Finn gave the girl a respectful nod as he tucked his few dollars in his wallet then put that in his pocket.

@GlitterFist

1 Like

Joy Trac Nguyen

Joy looked up in the direction of the voice that had slightly startled her to see a young man smiling at her. He was tall and had a hippie-boho vibe, and a head of long, blonde-dipped dreadlocks. “I actually grew up here.” Joy explained to him. “I used to live here with my cousin, until I was 13ish. I’ve been traveling around the country ever since, doing shows.” She gestured to the bright painted trucks behind her. “We haven’t had a show here in three years. It’s so great to be back.”

“My name’s Joy Trac Nguyen.” She said, shaking his hand firmly. It was how she always introduced herself; Better to make the best impression possible on every she met, right? “It’s really nice to meet you. I like your hair.”

@ForeverAngel

1 Like

“A traditional falls resident then?” Finn chuckled, “Too many are moving here as of late…really giving the town a chance to build more properties.” Finnegan added as he casually leaned against the gas pump and listened to the girl explain how she came back and was traveling around the country. Finn nodded and went on. “So- What are yer’ plans? Just a short visit or are you stayin?” Finnegan asked.

As the conversation continued Finnegan shook her hand loosely, he was never the type for handshakes but he’d go forth for kind spirits. “Nice to meet ya.” Finn added, “Whaat this old mop? It keeps growing I have to start trimming it now.” Finnegan smiled, racking a hand through his long waved brown locks filled with eccentric beads and braids. Truthfully he was happy to talk to someone even if they were a newcomer.

He often spent so much time outdoors he’d forget how it felt like to settle in an actual area. Well- that and many people fount him and his lifestyle strangle. Ah well, he’d trudge on anyways.

“I hope you enjoy yer’ new adventure. I sure have a kicka** plan for mine.” Finnegan stated.

@GlitterFist

1 Like

Joy Trac Nguyen

Joy sighed. “I wish I could stay, but I won’t be able to for long. I’d say we’ll probably be here for around three weeks before we head off to our next venue. It’s still nice that I get to be here for a little bit, though. I’ll get to see my uncle and cousin again.”

Her ears perked up as Finnegan mentioned that he had plans for an “adventure”. “Oh really?” She asked slyly. What could she say? She was nosy. “And what would those plans be, exactly?”

@ForeverAngel

1 Like

OP Request~