Tips for completing schoolwork faster

I struggle with this a lot :joy: I’ll spend ages on really simple assignments just because I get distracted.

My tip is just to focus solely on the homework. Don’t have other tabs open that distract you or listen to music if you’ll just start paying attention to the lyrics or melody. Try and make sure that you can focus only on the assignment, and then you can finish it faster than if you’re distracted.

I’m really bad at though :sweat_smile:

What tips do you have @HomeworkHelp?

7 Likes

I usually do my assignments when they give me and avoid procrastination. I also listen to music and give myself a time when I will finish it.

1 Like

Throw your phone away and any other distracting devices, only have one tab open if you have to use your computer
If you need to listen to music, music that you don’t know or that doesn’t have lyrics is a good option
If you’re gonna take breaks, make sure your breaks aren’t longer than the actual period of time you are working.
Put the schoolwork at like the forefront of your mind

2 Likes

This is me :joy:

2 Likes

Make a schedule! Motivate yourself by planning a “reward (e.g an episode of your favorite show or reading a book) at the end of the day if you’ve finished all the homework you wanted to do.

1 Like

Stay motivated or set a goal on what you want to conplete within a certain amount of time.

Before you take notes from a textbook, watch a video on the key points of the chapter first. Although this may seem contradictory because you’re adding more time on, you’ll have a better idea of the content, so you’ll be able to skim the textbook and take notes on it faster later on.

Watch those videos on 1.25 - 1.75 speed. Not only will it save time, it’ll still be at a speed where you can comprehend everything.

Specific advice regarding AP United States History— don’t even read the textbook. It’s long, boring, and absolutely not worth all the sleepless nights. Instead, I recommend watching Jocz Production videos on YouTube. After that, read online chapter outlines for the book you use because they will have filtered out the unimportant information. Lastly, go to Quizlet to learn the vocabulary words, the causes and effects of it, and how it relates to the overall time period.

1 Like

@Students Do you have any useful tips?

I try to fall in love with the assignments I do, it’s the only thing that can make me productive.

Closed due to inactivity