Tips for surviving high school from El

But at least you won’t have to do anything to survive :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

You’ll have to survive home schooling

1 Like

Just move out of your home :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

Or overthrow the school system so you’ll never have to study anything :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

Or just home school.

So true! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Or that people don’t like you for who you’re not. :wink: I always find it hard to really get to know people who aren’t being truly themselves because they don’t let you in. It’s hard to get a real connection and people notice if you’re uncomfortable in your own skin.

Well… I don’t think there are weirdos and non-weirdos, but I get your point.

Always be inclusive to everyone, some might be a bit shy but wonderful when you get to know them.

And yes, popularity… I think the concept of popularity is getting better. In my school the popular people were outgoing people who easily made friends with everyone. They weren’t mean… just people that many enjoyed to hang with.

With that said, popularity isn’t important. Just do you. If lots of people like you that’s great if you rather only hang with a small group of friends that’s great too. Don’t overthink it.

:heart:

I think there is good and bad peer pressure. Trying out new things (that might not always be good for you) with your friends is great. But if you really don’t want to do it stand your ground and if they’re really your friends they probably will let you be after one or a hundred times of pressuring you lol. If they’re not your friends… you could just walk away because they probably won’t care what you do and don’t do.

Yeah, showing your interests is just being yourself.

Hm… high school bullies. I don’t have much to say here, just don’t bully others. Maybe you’re just teasing someone, but please think about how they’re feeling. Some may take it with a laugh others might feel seriously hurt.

To survive high school, just learn to communicate. That will solve everything. Communication is key :key:

2 Likes

My tips: talk to people, do what you like and not what you don’t, and learn to manage your time well

Still haven’t learned how to actually do those things, so I’ll get back to you if I manage to do that.

2 Likes

Do all your school work. Don’t fall behind!!!

1 Like

Freshman in college here

Congratulations you survived high school😎

Barely

1 Like

Alright, here are some tips that I’ve learned through being in high school :eyes:

Time management is incredibly important. It’s not only stressful, but your work is worse when you don’t have enough time because of procrastinating. I liked using Google Calendars to mark off when I have class and when I want to work on assignments.

Revisions are incredibly important for major assignments. I really struggle with academic writing, but one of my biggest problems is that I would essentially turn in first drafts for my final draft. I never took the time to really revise assignments and make sure that they would work well. If you do work several days in advance, you can check again a while after you do it and you can then look at your assignment with fresh eyes and really see what works and what doesn’t.

I think that making friends is also incredibly important. They can cheer you up if you’re having a rough day or can help with doing homework. I’d also recommend doing clubs and actually doing stuff you like, because life’s too short to take classes you hate or pretend to be someone you’re not.

@HomeworkHelp ~ what’s your best advice for incoming high school students?

3 Likes

Do not date. It’s just a bad idea, high school boys are a–holes sometimes.

2 Likes

My high school boyfriend was an utter saint.

1 Like

Don’t worry about popularity, it won’t matter in a few years,

1 Like

1 Like

Awwwwwww!

1 Like

I know this is cliche, but I loved him with everything I had.

1 Like

perioddd

1 Like

r u still togeva?

1 Like

*jots down in the birth chart notes

1 Like