Town of Salem: SW Version (Forum Game)

Town of Salem is a game that challenges players on their ability to convincingly lie as well as detect when other players are lying. The Mafia team’s goal is to kill anyone who will not submit to the Mafia. The Town team’s goal is to lynch all murderers and evil-doers (The Mafia). The game ranges from 7 to 15 players. These players are randomly divided into multiple different alignments, but for the sake of simplicity for the forums version, these two factions will be the main ones which are the Town and Mafia.

In both of these two factions, players will be given roles with specific abilities that help their faction eliminate the others. The trick to the game is while the Mafia knows who is a part of their faction, the innocent players do not know who their allies and enemies are. Townies have to sniff out the Mafia and the killers amongst themselves while convincing the rest of the members that they are innocent.

The game has two distinct phases: day and night. Each day, everyone can publicly discuss matters with everyone else. This will be done in this thread. During the latter half of the day, people can vote for other players to have a public trial if they’re suspected of wrongdoing. If the majority of the players vote guilty after they give their defense, they will be lynched and sent to the gallows. After their death, you will know of their alignment and role.

At night, players will be able to use their night ability. Depending on the role given to you, this can range from investigating another player, protecting another player, killing another player, and anywhere in-between (your success rate will depend on dice rolls). The Mafia will be able to chat amongst themselves within their own PM, and some roles will be able to speak with other specific players as well.

The game is finished when only one faction remains alive.

2 Mechanics You Should Know!

Last wills:

Everyone will have a “Home” PM, in which you can decide what you will do for the night or write in your will. You can go and edit your will at any point of the game. If you die, your will or final wishes will be found near your body and posted in the thread before everyone starts interrogating each other. It is recommended, if you’re a Town member, to write your findings in your will that hold your suspicions of a person of relatedness to the mafia so that you can help your team win even if you die. If you’re a Mafia member, it is recommended to use it to write suspects to throw Town members off.

To be clear, town members will only have one PM: “Home.” Mafia members will have two PMs: “Home” and “Mafia” (which is to discuss who to take out next with fellow Mafia members).

Doing things at night:

What you can do at night will depend on your ability/job that will be randomized along with your alignment. Once everyone gets theirs randomized, I will offer explanations for what each job can do to avoid people having to read up on jobs that people won’t even have in the game.

Basically, don’t worry about the night for now, because I’ll explain it to you as it happens so you’re not overloaded with info. :sunglasses:

Well, that about sums it up. Well? Are you ready to meet your maker? Or, perhaps, befall that fate upon someone else…? The choice is yours.

• I have read the thread before voting :sunglasses:

0 voters

• I would like to join this game and be notified when this game is starting!
  • I probably won’t be able to join the first game, but notify me when the next game starts!

0 voters

Please go here to join the tag if you plan on joining now or in the future!

If you want to join the current game, go here (Sign Ups are open!)

P.S: Due to school and other responsibilities, the games will typically start on weekends!

People who asked to be tagged:

@idiot.exe
@Eccentric
@passionfruit (she’s helping me operate!)

9 Likes

@ForumGamers :eyes:

3 Likes

Current Mode: Lobby

image Welcome to the lobby! You will be able to talk all you want and/or type your timezone and most active hours! You may also ask questions (by @ing me or Passie) When the game starts, you will see an announcement of the current mode changing to “Town” along with the list of players for the game. Till then, our residents.

6 Likes

I totally want to join :eyes:

2 Likes

Cool! Thanks for joining! I already know your most active times from FtK which is 8am-12am (I’m guessing you mean pm for the former) and from excessive stalking your timezone is PDT right?

3 Likes

wow you’re almost as good as me in terms of stalking

Yeah I’m basically available from 8 pm to 2 am, and I live in PDT so :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I think you know my timezone Florida Time

Definitely joining :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I know it. Definitely Florida time. Never heard of EST.

Thanks for joining! :sunglasses: I don’t know your most active times though, so specification would be nice! Although you’re practically online all the time.

4 Likes

SEA timezone here. :joy: So it’ll probably be difficult for me to join, but I’ll try! I’ve played this game before (offline and online), and have missed it so much after lockdown started. :frowning:

2 Likes

Nice! Thanks for joining! Your timezone is no issue. You’re basically GMT +1, which compared to +4 or shivers +10 is an amazing sight for my eyes to behold. Can you give me your general active times as well?

4 Likes

Oh wait no, actually it’s GMT +8 :joy:
I’m generally active on nights before midnight (my time I mean)!

3 Likes

Woah, really?!? I guess I’ve got the wrong one then. +8. Welp, here we go again. :joy: So any time before midnight you’re good?

3 Likes

Lolol I know the pain of scheduling! :joy:
Yeah typically between 8pm-11pm should work for me. :wink:

2 Likes

Joinin! Y’all know I’m in GMT+3 and I can be on basically anytime from 2020-08-22T14:00:00Z to 2020-08-22T19:00:00Z although for this weekend I may be online after 2020-08-21T21:00:00Z for an hour or so.

3 Likes

Those times are evil :sob:

3 Likes

Sorry, I guess? Lmao

3 Likes

Due to a flood of notifications, I’ll read the rules later :star_struck:

But I’m in

4 Likes

Omg I love this game I used to play the werewolf version of the game all the time :two_hearts::pleading_face:

4 Likes

My timezone is UTC +2

And if it’s on the weekends I’m able to be online from 2020-08-20T11:00:00Z to 2020-08-20T22:00:00Z

During weekdays I will probably won’t be able to come online till 2020-08-20T18:00:00Z

3 Likes

Ok, I read everything now :star_struck:

You know my timezone and most active times from FTK

3 Likes