Tragic or Happy Endings?

I LOVE tragic endings. Make me cry and I’ll for sure remember the movie for a longggg time. I also love happy endings but tragic endings to be really good

5 Likes

Happy endings :pleading_face:

Unless I don’t like the characters, then a tragic ending is fun because I was probably rooting for their downfall.

I have no idea—i’d cry on both so i dont have a preferance :joy:

I dooo
But um-
When the mc dies at the end that I got emotionally attached too it definitely amuses me :sob:

In books and episodee

TRAGIC

Moved to discuss :sparkles:

1 Like

Am I the only one who hasn’t cried over book characters yet?

1 Like

Yes

I hate tragic endings because they depress me. :sob: :sob:

Bittersweet

I love endings that make you want to either cry with happiness
Or sadness

1 Like

It depends on the book, and why I’m reading it. If I pick up a beach read or a ‘romance’ novel, I’m not anticipating anything but a somewhat happy ending. Anything with dwarves or elves on the cover is probably going to end up with almost everyone (except the one well-loved but tangential character who’s sacrificed for the greater good) living happily ever after. And that’s fine, because that’s what I’m expecting from those books.

i love happy endings
sometimes they arent possible with a good plot tho ):

Bump x2

YESSSS I LOVE CRYINGGGG :sob::sob:

It reminds me that I have feelings and I’m not a psychopath :star_struck: I don’t really prefer sad endings, but rather bittersweet ones that end naturally and that the characters are happy in the end.

It dependsss but most of the time I like tragic endings because why not :cowboy_hat_face:

I guess it depends! I like crying lol so tragic endings just leave me sad for a while but happy endings are better, I guess

1 Like

Well… that’s… new

I love both. Tragic endings are fun though because you don’t expect it and it’s something different. I lean more towards happy endings though on the spectrum, I’m a fan of both though

Ah so in all honesty I really love tragic endings, as long as they’re done well. They hurt obviously, but it’s like an “omg that was so good and emotional and now I feel things” and I feel like happy endings don’t give you that same feeling??? Half the time you’re either left wanting more or cringing from the cheesiness of it, so yea :]

@Bookworms How do you guys feel about this?

3 Likes