<<Trouble in mayday>> Official Roleplay thread

“mm, I don’t know if an apple will have the same effect as a peach, apples are more scary for doctors,” Jacob joked applying the bandage on her arm. He was glad Hazel had forgiving him, but he did not really like how she had forgiven him so quickly.

Ok, ok, it was not that he wanted her to be mad at him for 40 years, no Hazel was someone he cared about but he hated how her forgiveness was so easy. How easy it could be for people to take advantage of her-she was too trusting, it wasn’t a good thing because they are a lot of people who don’t like Hazel in the school. You would not think a girl as sweet and loving as Hazel would have many haters but the school does not look at sweetest, it looks at social hierarchy and no one wants to be associated with a stoner.

Well, most people, Jacob did not really care about that so his reasons of getting cold feet when he was supposed to meet up with Hazel for a date had nothing to do with that, it was something, something else. He gave her a small smile when she said she also wished she was a little mean, “No,” He laughed, “I’m not nice or at least as nice as you,” He was obviously not an evil warlord but he was not nice- he thinks, he was also not mr.@sshole that steals candies from babies but he was not the poster child for a nice boy, “I think I need to be more like you and you need to be more like me, balances our personalities out.”

@Mouschi

3 Likes

One thing was obvious and it was that Oliver was protective about his parents even with the way they treat him, there are many reasons why; he does not want to accept the truth and lashes out or he is just overly protective of his family as he feels they are the only one’s he have. Alissa feels is both, but she just watched him lose his composed reaction. Her eyes widened at it, as she bit her lips and tapped her hand on the chair. She called them friends, a word that seem to calm Oliver down- so she was right, he does feel like his family is the only one he has. Alissa wondered, what would happen if that’s taken away from him? Hopefully that does not happen, someone important being taken away from him would be a tragedy. “wow, I did not notice Willow is not yet back and Fern too,” She wondered what they were doing in the bathroom together, maybe mmm… Nah, Alissa was thinking about it too deeply, “Isn’t it weird that they had to use the bathroom at the same time and never returned yet?” Alissa asked raising a brow, “I feel like something’s up.” Alissa turned around briefly when she heard the rebel chick and reece discussing her and gave them a smirk, just wait, is what the smirk told.

Reece was still angry about the drug allegations, and Alissa felt like he needed to get over it. Like boohooo, you were not kicked out of the team, she resolved a couple things and besides there is someone around him that does drugs, did he really think that allegations would not occur? True, people don’t know who dont person is but Reece knew quite well and sometimes… No, Alissa turned back to focus on Oliver with a smile.

Alissa quirked a smile at Oliver’s joke, “I tend to shift things quite easily,” Alissa said with a smile, “that’s my special gift Ollie,” Alissa said, calling him by a name she remembered a former friend of his used to call him. She paused, “Sorry you don’t like the name?” She asked. Oliver stared at her, and Alissa wondered what he was thinking, she gave him a small angelic smile and titled her head in curiosity- she looked like a puppy when she does that Dior would tell her, cute. Oliver began to speak and Alissa sat up, internally she oof at Oliver saying the truth that they have known each other for years but this was the first time they actually spoke. The way he said, it did sound bad, making Alissa offer an awkward smile,“Hey, there’s still more time. We can always get to know each other brother,” She extended her hand at him, “Call me Liz, Lizzie or Alice,” She gave him a kind smile, “You were so quiet at the dinner tables… I thought you weren’t that fond of us,” That was a lie but actually not really a like, she felt more like Oliver was nervous around them and trying to spark a conversation with him back then was tough, as he would blush and look away and besides Alissa tended to secretly chat with Dior over dinner so she also could not concentrate on who was there.

@Tellyg47

2 Likes

ReeceSaige

Reece’s expression was soft and nonchalant, maybe a bit annoyed by what he’s hearing … Oh but it quickly turned to fear when Jennifer if he saw something. It wasn’t scary itself but it’s the way she said it sounded as if the person they were talking about was looking at them. He turned around with intent to see if maybe, hopefully Jen was wrong about Alissa and she wasn’t doing anything, but instead he looked at Hazel, who we kept looking at during most detentions and saw her huggin Alissa’s sister. He sighed, wishing he was Jacob, but he realized it comes with Alissa as a sister so he backed down from the idea pretty soon. Then after a few second he finally moved his head towards Alissa and quickly turned back before she sees him looking at her.
“Don’t worry Jenny, she can stare all she wants. Even her words hold no threat to me because my coach knows her and even if he hates me, my stepfather has my back … You know, because of my mother. I can definitely get him to knock her of her horse if I pitched it right to him.”

@Kristi

2 Likes

Everything seemed to be going ok, with the students chatting and complaining- each of them having a different thing to complain about and Alissa acting weirdly- in addition, in a different part of the school, Fernanda Briggs(@Jass ), and Willow Montgomery,(@idiot.exe ) emerged from the bathroom, their footsteps echoing through the corridor. Their discussion had taken longer than expected, you can’t help but to to wonder what exactly where they doing in the bathroom?

As they rounded the corner, their voices trailed off into gasps of shock and horror. Their eyes widened as they beheld the lifeless form of Mr. Albert sprawled on the ground, they bent down and Willow checked to see if he was really gone- he was and they were terrified. Fern breath caught, her complexion turning paler as she whispered, “Is he really …?” Willow nodded and a grim expression reached both of their faces.

Without another moment to lose, they turned on their heels and ran back to the detention room, their footsteps a blend of urgency and apprehension. Bursting through the door, they struggled to catch their breath as they relayed the shocking sight they had just witnessed.

They had not notice a knife near Mr.Albert chest as they ran, a knife that could make them huge suspects.

“Guys, you won’t believe it… Mr. Albert… he’s… he’s on the floor… he’s not moving!”

@Detectives

5 Likes

@Tina.G | Jenny
Mention: @idiot.exe | Willow

“I think he’s,” she added with a stutter “well, I think he’s dead.” Fern struggled breathing, she knew needed to sit down before she would faint. What she had seen, it was something she really could not cope with. She had been so naïve to think only minutes before that her conversation with Willow was the worst she would have to deal with today. She grabbed the first chair she could find, even if it was next to some girl she did not actually know. Nor did she care all her things were all the way on the other side of the room. Her legs really had felt like they wouldn’t be able to support her for a single minute longer. Her heart was beating faster than it ever had done before, and she could feel sweat running everywhere. She was well aware what was happening to her, and she needed to calm herself down. She took a minute to try and focus on her breathing, but her body was so in shock with what she had witnessed, it was to no avail. There was only other way she knew how to calm down. “Please, just talk to me, any topic works, except for well, I think you know what” she told the girl who was sitting next to her, tearing up as she couldn’t get herself to repeat what she had witnessed again. She knew the girl would probably find her crazy, but she did not care, if she did not calm down, things would only get worse…

3 Likes

・.。 。.・・.。 。.・・.。 。.・・.。 。.・

LunaForTina-min

"Oh wow, would you look at that? Mr. Albert, the walking fossil, is lying still on the ground! How unexpected!” Jenny smirked, a chuckle building behind her lips. Even as the two seemed panicked. “Oh come on, why aren’t you guys laughing? Oh right, your faces say it all—this is no laughing matter. My bad, I forgot that we were supposed to take every little thing seriously. How silly of me." Jenny’s legs where still up, and she popped a bubble. “I think he’s,” she stuttered “well, I think he’s dead.” Jenny slung her legs back under the desk as the blonde collapsed into a chair next to her. Oh. Well—but—it was probably noth—“Please, just talk to me, any topic works, except for well, I think you know what” Jenny didn’t really believe it. Of course he’s not. He’s not dead. He has probably just tripped and they freaked out. Jenny watched as the blonde struggle to catch her breath, feeling some kind of ping for her. She also couldn’t help but feel a bit nervous herself as she watched the girl, wondering what could have caused such a strong reaction in the two. But J.B knew better than to show her own nervousness outwardly. Not in front of the wolves. Instead, Jenny tried to calmly focus on her own breathing, taking deep breaths in and out to avoid any signs of agitation. She made a mental note to check in on the girl so she didn’t collapse next later on, while also trying to keep her own composure in the situation. “You—you think he’s actually dead?” Jenny blurted, stuttering for once in this dmn school.

・.。 。.・

Orp ◆ @Jass ◆ Fern

・.。 。.・

3 Likes

Alissa’s stomach had dropped at the news. Mr.Albert was dead- not in a coma, not passed out but dead, fcking dead. This could not be happening, this could not be happening at all, and how? Alissa was supposed to carry out her plan, she was supposed to- She felt like putting her hand on her face and just crying, she turned to fern who looked to be having a mental breakdown, poor girl but right now Alissa felt like the poorest of the girls and people, not poor as in money of course but poor as in sad. “Never took you guys for jokers ha ha,” Alissa laughed panicked, it was obvious she was not dealing with this well and why? she was not even fond of the dead guy, right? It was just that… Alissa walked in circles in the room, running her hand on her hair, “Are you sure he is dead willow? like you checked and he is not breathing anymore? his pulse is whoosh gone?” Alissa asked biting her lips, “Take us to where he is please, where is he in the halls?”

They went into the halls, and there laid Mr.Albert laying on the ground, Reece was rushed to him and Alissa pursued her lips looking at Willow. “Please pinch me, tell me he is not dead… He cant be, not right now”

@idiot.exe -Willow
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - reece mentioned
@Jass - fern mentioned

2 Likes

Willow stayed frozen, staring at Mr. Albert on the floor. He was still. She wanted to check for a pulse, to make sure that he’s still breathing, but she couldn’t bring herself to come closer. Her entire body went cold and it became harder to breathe. She only watched from afar, wishing that he shows any sign of life, but it was hopeless. No matter how many horror and mystery movies Willow had seen, nothing could’ve prepared her for the sight of a dead body. Mr. Albert didn’t show any sign of illness or distress, he could’ve just fainted and is still alive. Or he could’ve gotten a sudden heart attack. Or… He could’ve been murdered.

She wanted to turn around and run out of the school, but she couldn’t leave Fern alone. Her mind jumped to the worst conclusion: It was a murder. Willow wasn’t certain if the killer was still there or not, as she lost track of time talking to Fern in the bathroom. Willow turned to Fern, and the two of them decided to alert the rest of the students.

Though the fear and panic flowed through Willow’s veins, stronger than anything she’d felt before, her biggest worry was how Fern was taking the news. And how everyone else would react to hearing it. She wanted to protect the others and hide it from them, but they would find out sooner or later. And what if she became a suspect? As she ran through the halls, her thoughts raced and she could barely think straight. She didn’t even register that she’d already arrived in the detention classroom, where a group of shocked students greeted her.

In fact, she was so mortified, that she barely noticed Alissa had been talking to her for a while. She only managed to hear half of her questions. Through all the years in that school, Willow secretly hoped she could approach Alissa and meet her, knowing her as the kind and popular girl many liked. But it never even crossed her mind meeting her like this.

“I-I don’t… don’t know… I…” Willow struggled to speak properly. She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes. Letting her emotions take control was the worst thing she could do in that situation. She couldn’t scare the others. She had to be mistaken, maybe he was alive. There was still a chance, if they called the emergency services. “I don’t know… He was lying still on the ground. I… I really hope I’m overreacting, but Fern saw it… as well.” Willow spoke, her voice still shaky.

Willow led Alissa to the hallway, where she saw Mr. Albert. She kept her distance again, but this time she noticed the knife sticking out of his chest. How could she have missed that? She was right, it was a murder. It became harder and harder for her to control her emotions, to keep a straight face despite everything that was happening. She could only whisper, “He’s dead… He’s really dead…”

Willow turned to Alissa, attempting to think of a way to calm her down. “Listen. I’m sure he only fainted, we’re all letting fear fog our brains.” she said, noticing Reece ran to the professor. “Maybe telling you all that he’s dead was a mistake, I hadn’t confirmed anything. I’m deeply sorry.” Willow spoke with a calm voice, trying to reassure Alissa. But deep down, she knew there was no hope. “Just take deep breaths, Alissa. It will be alright soon.” she added, trying to force a smile to reassure her classmate.

@Kristi × Alissa Brian
Mentioned × Fernanda Briggs (@Jass)

1 Like

Alissa refused to believe it- ok that was a lie, Alissa did believe it but she did not want to accept it.Everyone was talking, the rebel chick and fern stayed behind, doing God knows what, Hazel was shocked- all of them were and reece had pulled the teacher over, and Alissa clapped a hand above her mouth when she saw what she saw- a knife, a knife close to his chest. Her expression turned sour as he looked away, she glared at Willow when she told her everything would be ok, “Nothing will be ok because-” Alissa stopped at her tracks realizing she was about to expose herself and grabbed her stomach instead in pain, this whole thing was making her nauseous she put a hand to her head, “He was murdered, there is a knife on his back and sure he was old but he was not that old, he couldn’t have died of a heartattack and he was only supposed to be gone for a couple of minutes,” Alissa muttered. It was weird, really weird how Mr.Albert and Willow and Fern spent the same amount of time gone, and they had been the first to see him, first to come and announce it to the rest of them and yet never mentioned anything about a knife, just that he was appearantly dead and passed out.

The idea was not so far fetch after all, Willow was a goth- she had always liked creepy things and and fern is kind of similar to Willow and they were together alone spending a lot of times in the bathroom, Alissa had told Oliver she had a bad feeling and it seemed her bad feeling had been right. She did not want to accuse anyone really, but her emotions were making her act irrational, she needed someone to be blamed, “You guys killed him didn’t you?” Alissa said loudly so that everyone around them could hear, “You and Fern and that’s why Fern was so anxious when she came back because you guys killed him for whatever sick reason and Fern regrets it?” Alissa accused moving closer to Willow, “You guys were gone for the same amount of time, you were the first people to see him and they are security guards on the outside of the school, so not just anyone could enter here, the only two people that could have possibly done it is you, did you guys stab him to death?” Alissa expression was hurt, enraged and confused- she was going through a rollercoaster of emotions because she did not want to believe this, she could not believe this, Mr.albert could have died just like that.

@idiot.exe
@Detectives - all of you mentioned

3 Likes

ORP: Sorry for answering late, last night I was way too tired to continue and make the post, and today I couldn’t active my internet until like 30 minutes ago so I didn’t want to waste too much of my megabites if I wasn’t able to activate it again.

ReeceSaige

Reece thought about his stepfather and if he really needed to use his help to get her down, but his thoughts of how nice it would be to bring down Alissa, he was interupted by a shout.
Mr. Albert isn’t moving? He’s lying on the floor? Oh my god! Thought Reece. As much as he joked about disliking Mr. Albert and as annoying as it was seeing his face and having to follow his rules while in detention, he didn’t want any harm to come to the professor. Being the son of a pediatrician and a pharmacist he was prone to raising to the task when somebody feels ill, so right now he stood up from his seat and followed the origin of the shout.

As he ran out the first thing he noticed was that Mr. Albert’s eyes turned more catlike which was the first sign of death. Noticing the knife he would usually check to see if there’s a way to save the person but he already had a feeling it was too late. Putting two fingers under his neck he learned two things … He was cold to the touch and there was no pulse. Reece wasn’t relieved and he started breathing heavily. “Guuuuys” He called out frantically. “Mr. Albert is dead! And I believe he was murdered because I wouldn’t consider a stabbing to be a natural death.”

Reece knew if he planned to be a doctor he’d see plenty of death just like this, where nothing can be done … However he wasn’t ready to be the cool cucumber he has to be in the medical field because this is murder, probably with intent. He couldn’t look at Mr. Albert’s still body and since he heard raised voices from the detention clasroom he decided to go back there.

Entering the room he noticed the devil with two of the girls who first saw the body. One of the girls was being chewed out by Alissa, probably didn’t do anything wrong. The other was doing something weird, having a breakdown or something. Before defending the other girl, Reece decided to help the other girl and approached her.
“Fern right? Are you okay?” He asked hoping she would give him some symptoms to narrow it down. Just from looking at her he couldn’t tell if she was in shock, having a mental breakdown or a panic attack or maybe something else or a mixture of some of those. “Talk me through to what you’re feeling, and take your time” He said in calm tone hoping his tone would help her feel safer.

@idiot.exe - mentioned Willow
@Kristi - mentioned Alissa
@Jass - Fern

3 Likes

No matter how much Willow tried to reassure herself, it was true. Mr. Albert was dead. In that moment, it all felt almost unreal, like a nightmare she was about to wake up from.

Of course, Alissa turned to blame Willow and Fern for his death. It didn’t come as a big surprise to her, though she didn’t have time to think of that before alerting her classmates. She knew they saw her as a freak, someone obsessed with death and darkness, who wouldn’t hesitate to take someone’s life. But they couldn’t be further from the truth. She still couldn’t blame anyone, Willow never gave them a chance to get to know her due to being so reserved, and it was human nature to assume and label people based on rumors. And what made it worse, was that the accusation even made sense. Willow and Fern were absent from the class at the same time as Mr. Albert, even if the two of them weren’t even aware he left. She had to convince Alissa she was innocent. As someone who was known for spreading rumors, it could turn out very badly for Fern to be considered a suspect. Willow didn’t care much about her own reputation, but she worried for her… friend.

As she heard Reece confirm Mr. Albert’s death, Willow realized there was truly no escape. It was reality, he was dead and the two of them were the main suspects now.

Willow struggled so hard to contain her emotions and fear, but she was quickly reaching her limit. First the conversation in the bathroom, and now a literal crime scene in the middle of the school. It was supposed to be a normal Saturday, but now she was accused of murder to top it all off. Willow kept taking deep breaths as she faced Alissa again. She couldn’t let her emotions take control of her, not yet.

“As I said earlier, you need to calm down. I understand how you feel, and you can speak to me about it.” Willow spoke with a calm tone, trying to stabilize her shaky voice the best she could. She noticed Alissa clutching her stomach in pain, likely from the stress. “Are you hurt? Do you need to sit down?” she asked.

“I understand why you’d blame me and Fern. You must be mortified… I am too. It’s normal to jump to conclusions in this situation, to try to find an explanation for what happened. But blaming us without proof is hurtful and dangerous, even if I know you don’t mean to cause us any harm.” she explained, hoping she doesn’t come off as stern.

@Kristi × Alissa Brian

3 Likes

Alissa did not want to see Mr.Albert again, scared and terrified, she couldn’t stomach this but she could not leave, she just stared at his lifeless body terrified. She really could not believe he was dead, so she had lash at Willow, who has not yet responded in some minutues or maybe Alissa blocked her out of her mind to focus on how scared she was right now, though Alissa does remember her repeating over and over again to calm down, though she blocked that because she just did not want to calm down. Not right now, she had to think of what to do, she had to contact Dior but her phone, all of their phones were taken by Mr.Albert, she ran her fingers through her hair putting her hand on her face. She had planned a lot of things all for this to just go down, she was supposed to go to college, reveal the…

“I understand why you’d blame me and Fern. You must be mortified… I am too. It’s normal to jump to conclusions in this situation, to try to find an explanation for what happened. But blaming us without proof is hurtful and dangerous, even if I know you don’t mean to cause us any harm.” she explained, hoping she doesn’t come off as stern.

Alissa let out a dark chuckle, not like the usual sweet chuckle she lets out, not like anything of her at all, her face started to get wet before she cleaned her eyes, “You and Fern,” Alissa said po “Are just so innocent aren’t you? How was it possible that you spent the same amount of time in the bathroom as Mr.Albert leaving? Using the bathroom should not take that long, you and -” Alissa envisioned a scared Fern, who had arrived at their class to warn them about how he had died, and had calm down- Willow was right, Alissa should not jump to conclusions, as far as she knew about them they were not murders a lot of things but a murder was not it. Right? Besides if they were you didn’t want to upset them in case they, you know. She took Willow’s hand her expression t ruly sorry, “I’m so sor-” Alissa was about to say when she heard a strange noise- what the-- the noise stopped before it occurre d again, “Did you hear that?” Alissa asked Willow terrified as she took a step back, “I think- i think we should start returning” whatever was happening, Alissa did not want to be the next victim, she had watched a lot of m*rder mystery movies and Alissa knew that the blonde popular girl will always be the next to die and that meant Alissa, nope.

@idiot.exe

2 Likes

Oliver’s mind was absorbed in the conversation with Alissa, the playful banter between them a momentary respite from the troubles he often experienced. The chatter around the room was just background noise, distant and inconsequential. But then, there it was, a voice piercing through the haze, abruptly ending their conversation. “Guys, you won’t believe it… Mr.Albert… he’s on the floor… he’s not moving”

At first, his brain struggled to process the sentence. His initial reaction was a cross of confusion and doubt. A twisted joke? Defective sense of dark humor? He couldn’t help but slightly chuckle, thinking it was a lousy place prank, something all new detainees experience. But then, as if practiced, Fernanda’s voice cut through the room, carrying a weight that shifted the atmosphere entirely. “I think he’s dead.” Her words hit Oliver like a punch to the kidney, and suddenly, the reality of the situation crashed over him like a tidal wave. The playful mood was shattered, replaced by pure trauma.

His breath caught in his throat, his heart on the verged of coming out of his chest, he felt like the room was closing in on him. The vivid images of his past, the ones he thought he pushed to the deepest corners of his mind, suddenly surged forward. Goosebumps rosed on his skin, he could feel the suffocating heat of the flames that had taken everything from him, the smell of smoke, the searing pain that had etched itself into his very being.

Oliver’s fingers instinctively clenched into fists, his knuckles turning white as he struggled to hold himself. The room spun around him, and he grasped the edge of a nearby desk, his fingers digging into the wood, blood-soaked. His gaze involuntarily looked for a way out, the nearest window, the nearest exit. He blinked rapidly, trying to hold himself together, to not jump out the window, to deny Mr. Albert’s death. He wished he could have a normal day without Trouble inMayday.

But reality held him captive (funny), and as the voices of his classmates seemed to be getting further away, he realize he was being left behind. They were going back to the body? Back to the crime scene? Oliver didn’t want to be alone, not like last time so he followed.

The hallway seemed strangely empty, a stark contrast to the usual bustling school environment. To be fair, it was Saturday, and the detention group appeared to be the only ones there. The scene before him was something out of a nightmare. A teacher lay on the ground, lifeless and still. A complete contrast to Mr. Albert’s normal personality. But what shocked Oliver, even more, was the knife, its ominous presence near the teacher’s chest sending waves of horror through Oliver. His stomach churned, and a cold sweat formed on his brow. This wasn’t just a scene from a crime book; reality was unfolding before his eyes.

Oliver’s eyes swept over the area, and he noticed Fernanda and Willow nearby. His mind connected the dots, their earlier absence now a hunting detail. The suspicion of foul play crept into his thoughts, and his pulse quickened. The realization hit him like a brick. A dead teacher, a murder weapon, and two suspects. What the hell went wrong?

Alissa’s voice rang out, accusations and disbelief lacing her words. His attention quickly left Mr.Albert snapping to Alissa, his heart racing as he listened to her accusations against the two girls. He struggled to make sense of the chaos, his mind a whirlwind of disbelief. The weight of the situation pressed down on him, the lighter in his pocket no longer able to comfort Oliver.

Instead, he reached for his phone, his fingers searching his other pocket, only to be met with empty fabric. A hollow realization struck him-- he had no way to contact his mom, to inform her of the very actions going on in her school. He was alone in this, surrounded by death and killers. As Reece’s present cut through the tension, Oliver’s gaze met Hazel’s, a silent exchange of shared disbelief and anxiety. They were trapped here, their worlds cooling in the face of this tragedy. The hallway seemed to go on endlessly, the walls echoing accusations and fear.

His breath shaky, barely noticeable between the others yells, “Hazel, how could this happen…? I mean, could it be Fernanda and Willow?” The question trembled as much as Oliver did, hoping to find some answers amid confusion.

@Mouschi (Hazel Apporached)

So much is happening help!

4 Likes

@Tina.G | Jenny
@LunaticLeviTheSecond | Reece

“Are you f-cking kidding me? Why would anyone ever think to joke about someone being dead?” Fern was not easily mad at anyone, but with what she had been through, no way she was going to let this girl get away with the attitude she was serving. Her emotions completely shifted from her anxiety and sadness to pure anger. “He’s dead, deceased, lifeless, gone and no longer with us, how many more synonyms do you need to understand?” she asked, Fern’s voice was raised louder than she had spoken before today. “Probably many, cause it is clear that it was too difficult for you to understand one simple thing I asked of you, or maybe you just don’t care about anyone but yourself” she looked at the girl. “Cause let’s face the truth, that’s definitely the impression you give off.”
In that moment Fern tried to stand up to go sit where her things were, she no longer felt like sitting next to this girl. But as soon as she did so, she felt her legs were still weak and shaking, she quickly had to hold on to the table to stay on her feet. No matter how much she did not want to, she had no other option but to sit down again.
At that moment, Reece came in, she knew who he was, and he seemed nice enough. She noticed he seemed to look angry, Fern didn’t know quite why, but honestly she didn’t care. She was happy enough to see another face again. He asked her if she was okay, Fern hesitated for a second, looking over at Jenny, but replying almosy with a whisper “I think I’m fine, it’s just a lot, seeing him, and I’m honestly quite shaken up.” she said gave him a soft smile, she did appreciate that he at least cared enough to check in on her. “You okay as well? Seeing him must have been heavy for you too?”

3 Likes

LunaForTina-min

Jenny flinched at Fern’s sudden anger, realizing that her attempt at questioning the situation had come across as insensitive and callous. She felt a wave of guilt turned anger wash over her as she watched Fern struggle to stand, her body still wracked with sobs. “I’m sorry,” Jenny whispered, curt and sour, her voice barely audible in the tense classroom. “I think most people at this school have ‘joked’ about a teacher’s death. It’s just hard to believe something like this could happen… It’s—it’s not something we should have to know how to react to.” Jenny bit out, not knowing what else to say or how to make things right. Not that it’s my job.

Jenny almost asked if she needed anything. Almost. Water, tissues, anything at all? But nothing could escape her lips. Her skin was cold and something crawled under her skin. Jenny’s mind was racing with thoughts and emotions she couldn’t quite put into words. Seeing Fern’s pain and grief had struck a chord in her own heart, and she couldn’t shake off the feeling that this tragedy had touched her too, even if she hadn’t even known Mr. Alberts first name. She tried to focus on her breathing once again, taking deep breaths in and out, staying as quiet and without motion as possible, hoping to calm her nerves and clear her mind.

But it was no use. Her hands were shaking, and she felt her heart pounding in her chest, as if it was about to burst out at any moment. She couldn’t understand why this was affecting her so deeply. He was nothing more than a teacher who had it out for her. So why was she feeling like this?

Jenny couldn’t find an answer, and the more she thought about it, the more confused and anxious she became. She stole a quick glance at Fern, who seemed… not well, and then back at her own hands, which were still trembling. She opted for sitting in her hands so nobody would see them. She wondered if anyone else in the classroom was feeling the same way she did, or if she was the only one. She couldn’t bring herself to ask, though. She didn’t want to draw any more attention to herself than she already did.

Slowly, Jenny closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths again. She tried to focus on the present moment, on the sounds and sensations around her. The rustling of papers, the soft whispering of her classmates, the faint hum of the air conditioning. She tried to block out the images of the boy’s lifeless body, the grief on Fern’s face, the fear and helplessness that seemed to be gripping her own heart. It was a futile attempt, but it was all she had. For now, at least.

Jennifer didn’t even realize that Spicey had approached them and had been talking to Fern. She hadn’t heard anything other than her own words echoing in her skull, bouncing around every crevice and corner. We shouldn’t know how to react to this.

・.。 。.・

Orp ◆ @Jass @LunaticLeviTheSecond ◆ Fern x Reece

・.。 。.・

3 Likes

ReeceSaige

Thinking about what she just asked him he realized that it did affect him too, he did stand in shock in the doorframe catching his breath while also noticing the fight between Alissa and Willow but being too in shock to do anything about it.
He responded with a soft and raspy “Yeah … But I’m used to the death party, see my dad was a doctor and as a child I wanted to follow in his footsteps … He taught me that when a person is dying there might be pain and suffering, but at the very end they feel serenity and peace and I always associated that with falling asleep when you’re too tired to do anything and your body kind of shuts down … But I’m still shaken up becuase most natural causes of death don’t include a knife jammed into their bodies. Somebody stabbed our professor and … the person might want to harm us too, we don’t know if they killed Mr. Albert out of some sort of vendetta or because they just want to do it.” He sighed heavily and looked into the clasroom. He noticed Jenny, a good friend in detention, and even the girl who never seemed to be serious to him looked in shock because of it. Seeing her be serious made him realize what he and Fern are feeling is normal. However he also felt unnerved, he wanted to help everybody feel better. He might not be that shocked at death, but everybody else is, and they usually don’t think death can come so suddenly. “Jenny, are you all right? Can you hear me?” He asked, hoping she noticed him and comes over to his DIY therapy. He hates seeing her this unhappy and wants to help her and Fern feel better.

@Tina.G @Jass

2 Likes

Anthony Toussaint

——

Anthony considered his options as he stared at the slip of paper in his hand that read ‘Detention’. The thought of being seen in detention made his skin crawl. He had a reputation to uphold, and it did not involve being seen sitting in a classroom after school.

But he had a duty to his reputation. He could not afford to be seen as anything less than perfect. His ego would never forgive him if he let his guard down even for a moment. His reputation was his life, and it was all he had.

Anthony paced back and forth in the front entrance of the school. He was livid. How could this even be happening? He had worked so hard to build his reputation, and now it was being called into question. He couldn’t stomach the thought of being seen as anything less than perfect. And to top it all off, he had been given detention of all things! Detention! Him, Anthony Toussaint, the perfect student and admirable young man, being punished like a common criminal. It was unthinkable. But the real question was, should he even go?

On the one hand, he had a duty to his reputation. He couldn’t afford to be seen as someone who skipped out on his responsibilities. But on the other hand, detention was for people who had done something wrong. And he had done nothing wrong. But then again, he couldn’t let his ego get in the way. He had to be rational. He had a reputation to uphold, and that meant showing up to detention, no matter how much he resented it.

Anthony took a deep breath and made his decision. He would go to detention. He would show everyone that he was a responsible person, even if it meant sitting in a room for an hour with a bunch of delinquents on the weekend. It was an insult to him, but he had to rise above it.

As much as he hated to admit it, his reputation was his life, and it was all he had. He couldn’t afford to let anything get in the way of that. He would do whatever it took to maintain his perfect image, even if it meant swallowing his pride and sitting in detention with a bunch of troublemakers.

With a sigh, Anthony crumbled his copy of the detention slip and headed towards the detention room. It was time to show the world just how perfect he really was.

As he made his way down the hallway, his mind was still preoccupied with his dilemma. But then he saw about three students and one turning back the other way, stopped in the hallway. Curiosity got the better of Anthony, and he approached the three students to see what was going on. Suddenly, his thoughts of detention faded away when he saw a teacher—his detention teacher no less, lying on the floor, bleeding, a knife by his head. May you rewrite this: Anthony’s heart raced as he approached the three students. “Wh-what is going on?” Anthony stammered out, a mixture of shock and fear in his voice. “Why is there a knife?” He asked the equally as terrified students.

Orp x @Kristi x Jacob x I’ll work on his banner tonight :sob:

3 Likes

Jacob mouth was hanged open like a fish as he stared at the dead body of his now late teacher. His sister was panicking and and he well Jacob does not know how he was feeling but it was definitely not positive he would tell you that much. There was a knife on the teacher’s chest, a knife, a fricking knife- meaning murder, meaning there is a murder here and Fern and Willow had just came from the bathroom to tell them- which could mean a lot of things. He does not really think they killed him-hopefully but he can see where his sisters worries come from but the question was, what is he going to do?

Especially since he had no idea where Mr.Albert kept his phone, see! this is why phones were important and why students need their phones because right now he could not call anyone- yes he could have gone to the principal or main office but for plot reasons nah but he was just not thinking right now as his head was in another place. His sister and Willow had gone inside and he had no idea what how to feel or what to do, then Anthony Toussaint arrived, very suspiciously. He was holding a paper in his hand and he looked straight into Jacob’s eyes,* 'wh’at is going on?"* Anthony stammered, “Why is there a knife?” Anthony had asked,

Now, Jacob was no detective but he had a feeling on who the #1 suspect should be- Anthony, just arriving, a paper on his hand, him having a reputation to uphold. “Sure, I’m sure you don’t know what’s happening,” Jacob said raising his brow, “Why are you just arriving Anthony and what are you holding?” Jacob asked as he walked circles around Anthony, “Ok let me tell you what’s happening, Mr.Albert is dead, he was murdered and you are just arriving, that can mean a lot of things.”

@Tina.G

2 Likes

Hazel had planned on tuning out her surroundings once Jacob had left her side. After all, being lost in her mind was like swimming in endless pools of creativity.

Conversation with Jacob had captivated her attention dangerously and his words replayed in her mind. Looking back, It was all the ‘calm before the storm’ or just ‘too good to be true’. To put it simply, nothing would have prepared Hazel for what followed.

Hazel had hid her mp3 in her pocket. Once it slid, hit the floor and the wire came loose, it all became apparent. The room was silent. The relaxed chatter of after-school detention was no more. Hazel picked the device up with haste and slowly removed her headphones.

“Wait what’s happening?”
“Are you sure he’s dead?”
“You found Mr. Albert on the floor?”

A symphonic murmur carried words of death. Students gossip amongst themselves and some even point their fingers at Fern and Willow.

Hazel’s heart pounded deeply in her chest and her vision multiplied. A blade-like pain also shot her in the chest when she stood up. Unable to gain her bearings, she stumbled from side to side as she blinked furiously. The students of Mayday had congregated in order to either fulfill their morbid curiosity, offer help, or reclaim their phones. Whichever the case, Hazel just wanted to be in the know and not left alone in a dark room.

The dark hallway was lit dimly by a few flickering lights. With every step the brightness alternates, one step then it’s dark and then the next, bright as to few a feet in every direction. Hazel knew she was far behind the group, and when she saw a glimpse of a male outline, she almost fainted. Somehow, it made her previous symptoms worse and once she reached the figure, she was almost heaving. At the very end, her name rang out with a fatal sound, Hazel’s legs tingled numbly and she stopped walking. Her weight shifted onto a locker and her eyes fell shut instinctively. She recognized it and knew it all too well.

How could this happen . . .? I mean, could it be Fern and Willow?"

“No”, she spoke out. Hazel felt an urge to defend her even though Fern was not her friend. They had history and can barely stand the sight of each other. Still, she never doubted Fern and would help her clear her name.

@Kristi - Jacob (mentioned)
@Tellyg47 - Oliver
@Jass - Fern (mentioned)

3 Likes

@Tina.G | Jenny
@LunaticLeviTheSecond | Reece

Before Reece had even entered, Jenny had replied to Fern’s little outburst, in that moment Fern got more sympathy for Jenny, she could see this girl was also really affected by what happened. Before she could reply however, Reece had walked in to check in on them. Fern faced Reece still as he moved on from checking in on Fern to checking on Jenny. “You are right, we have to be careful, you never know who did it or why” she told him. The idea he was killed and the one responsible for his death might still be walking around in the school terrified her. She listened to Reece trying to talk to Jenny, but she quickly intervened and said: “Reece, why don’t you go find all others, maybe try to bring back everyone in the room just so we can lock the door and all be safe here for now,” Fern trusted everyone who had been in detention, she knew her and Willow had not done it, and no one else seemed to have left the room while they were gone, as far as she knew that is. “Me and Jenny will be okay staying here.” she tried to signal him with her eyes that she got this and would do whatever she could to make sure Jenny would be fine. Fern knew exactly what Jenny was going through, she had been there herself minutes ago and noticed all the signs. She felt like she knew how to help her, and the littler distractions, the better things would be.
She waited until Reece had given them some space, before talking to Jenny.
“Hey, Jenny. I know this is hard with what just happened between us, but try and trust me. Follow me breathing, in, out, in, out. She repeated that slow breathing cycle a handful more times, not only to help Jenny, but also cause with each cycle she felt herself calm down more and more, before saying: “Now, while you try and keep your arms raised above your head for me, can you tell me a little bit about what your hobbies are?” she knew her instructions sounded quite weird, and somewhat random, but she knew they would work to help Jenny through what she was going through. The physical activity was there to try and help Jenny focus on the present, and not get caught up in her anxiety, and the question was to get Jenny talking, especially about something that would create more positive associations in her mind.

ORP: Tina, all up to you if she follows Fern’s instructions, only thing I would like is that if you do decide to follow them her instructions are actually like working helping her get out of that anxiety at least somewhat, as these are actually proven ways to stop sort of an anxiety attack.

4 Likes