<<Trouble in mayday>> Official Roleplay thread

Untitled141_20230814183234

Anthony froze for a moment, his mind racing to process the shocking news. “What? Mr. Albert is dead? Murdered?” he exclaimed, dropping the detention paper he was holding. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing, Mr. Albert had been his teacher, had been at the school for years. “Why did I show up to detention today.” Ant muttered, frantic.

Anxiety gripped Anthony as Jacob continued to circle around him, his accusatory tone making him feel like a criminal. He felt like a bug under a microscope, unable to breathe properly. “I’m sorry, I had no idea this was going to happen,” Anthony spoke up, trying to diffuse the tension. He wondered why Jacob had decided to stay behind as the other two students left. His suspicion slowly began to creep up his spine, making him feel uneasy. Best to be easy and polite, Ant advised himself.

Orp • @Kristi • Jacob • Sorry this one was meh, compared to the other :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Jacob did not want to be that person-he really did not, but he did not believe the look of shock on Anthony’s face, it was obviously a play and Jacob Brian was not buying it. He rolled his eyes when Ant said why he had showed up to detention today, “For the same reason as us, I would guess,” Meaning that none of them- well probably Jennifer and Reece knew and Hazel knew too as she had told him, but apart from the three none of them knew why they were here, Jacob thinks.

And because Anthony liked to have this good boy image, his family having worked in the school for long, and him finally getting in detention- Anthony would obviously be angry and anger could only mean one thing no? It’s either he did it or paid someone to do his dirty works, preps don’t like getting dirty after all. Was this clique steorotyping? yes but Jacob had hanged out with every clique- well almost every clique and he knows how they are like, besides his twin is best friends with the most popular prep right now so he knows the ins and outs of prep hood. He looked Anthony over- no blood, he either cleaned himself or like Jacob said got something else to do it, “What’s that note your holding?” Jacob asked suspiciously, “What is it?”

Jacob gave him a weird look that he was scared, terrified, and then an obvious lie that made Jacob roll his eyes, “Am i really supposed to believe that? You know how suspicious it is, showing up late to detention some minutes after Mr.Albert died,” He said, “And bro for a prep those shoes are also suspicious, is your family going poor or something?” He said as he stared at Anthony shoes shaking his head, no offense to Anthony or his family but the shoes were just…

@Tina.G

Mentioned:
@Mouschi - Hazel
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - reece
@Tina.G - jennifer

3 Likes

Anthony knew he had to think fast, Jacob had no evidence to connect him to the crime, but the more he talked, the more suspicious he was going to seem. It was only a matter of minutes before the authorities arrived. Anthony’s palms were clammy, and he could feel his heart racing in his chest. He tried to maintain eye contact with Jacob, but he couldn’t help the shiver that ran down his spine. This was not how he wanted his day to go. “For the same reason as us, I would guess,” No way in h•ll, mind the language. But Ant kept that to himself, not wanting anything to come out the wrong way.

“Am i really supposed to believe that? You know how suspicious it is, showing up late to detention some minutes after Mr.Albert died,” He tried to speak calmly, controlling his shaky voice. “No, Jacob, it’s not like that,” he said, trying to avoid stuttering. “I was honestly…” he couldn’t bare the words. “I was…” Anthony looked as messed up as his words were coming out. “Going to… I was going to… Skip detention.” He rasped, finally. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath to steady himself. He knew he had to get it together before the authorities arrived. It probably couldn’t be much longer. “And bro for a prep those shoes are also suspicious, is your family going poor or something?”

That was the breaking point. This—this—this tasteless detention raking rat—“What’s that even supposed to mean?” Anthony retorted, his voice rising with anger. “Why are you focusing on my shoes, Jake? That’s got nothing to do with any of this.” How dare he?

And secondly, Anthony couldn’t believe that Jacob was suspecting him. He was one of the most prominent, rich, and connected students in the school, and Jacob was really accusing him of something like this? It seemed unbelievable.

He knew that he was in a suspicious situation, showing up late to detention after Mr. Albert’s death. But that didn’t mean that he had anything to do with it. And Jacob was the only person who had been by the body before Anthony had stumbled upon them. That seemed pretty suspicious to Anthony.

Despite his frustration with Jacob, Anthony knew that he couldn’t let his emotions get the best of him. He needed to think clearly and rationally about the situation. He had to figure out how to explain his lateness to detention and his discovery of the body without incriminating himself.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down. He wasn’t going to let Jacob’s accusations get to him. He was going to stay focused and do whatever it took to clear his name.

Orp • @Kristi • Jacob

4 Likes

Anthony was not maintaining eye contact with him, which was very suspicious- if Anthony was really not the criminal, the killer, he would have boldly stared at Jacob’s eyes and be angry at the accusation not look at Jacob like he was guilty. Anthony started to try and explain himself, with a lot of stuttering- Jacob never heard Anthony stutter that much. “Spill it out bro,” He said tired as Anthony continued to avoid what he was doing, and then when Anthony revealed what he was going to do- skip detention like it was the biggest crime in humanity, Jacob gave him a ‘be fr’ face. “Then why didn’t you fully skip detention? No one knew you were going to come anyway.” He retorted, “Look- I don’t really mean to say this,” He does actually he does and the more Anthony talked, the more of a suspect he seemed, “But just be honest, it’s just the two of us right now, did you or did you not fcking kill our teacher?” He asked crossing his arms and then stepping a little bit back- you know before Anthony does a complete 180 and starts to clap his hands and brings out a knife.

He was not going to be Anthony’s next victim- luckily he was not a v*rgin because everyone knows vrgins always dies first when it comes to situations like this. He really thanks the lord that he lost his virginity, he was not going to be the next person on the ‘red’ newspaper, meaning the next person dead.

When Anthony asked why he was focusing on his shoes, Jacob raised his hands in defeat, “You have to admit those shoes look pathetic for someone like you, like bro you don’t have any better shoes?” Jacob asked raising his brows, “And everyone knows murders usually have ugly shoes i’m just saying… the ugly shoes are important.” He then coughed, “Besides, why are you angry at me? Was i the one to tell you to wear those shoes that looked like they come from hell here? I didn’t tell you to kill our teacher too or show up late,” He said.

“By the way, I never took you for a killer but I guess people can be wrong.” And Alissa was blaming Willow and fern when the real killer is here. For shame, see Jacob always knew he was the better sibling- he could identify a real murder.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond
@Tina.G

4 Likes

ReeceSaige

As Reece left Fern and Jenny in the classroom something was scratching his brain. He wanted to tell something to Fern but he couldn’t remember what it was. As he was walking to where the body was, to hopefully flag down the nearest teacher or faculty member to the body, it finally dawned on him. He wanted to ask Fern if she had any marijuana on her, but just as he was about to turn he heard familliar voices raised at one another, or at least it sounded judgmental, just like when Alissa was calling Willow a murderer. Intriqued, he slowly walked towards the noise and saw Jacob chewing out Ant, who he knew of as the rich guy.
“What are you doing here?” Asked Reece, surprised to see Anthony there since there were no classes at that time, and he wasn’t with them at detention. “W- when did you get here?”

@Kristi @Tina.G

3 Likes

@Tina.G | Jenny

Hearing Jenny’s ragged breath, a small sigh of relief escaped Fern’s lips. At least it meant she would slowly start breathing normally again, instead of holding back on it like she did for a while. I can’t, she heard Jenny say multiple times. “You can. I know you can.” her words carrying a gentle nudge of encouragement accompanied with a soft smile. “But anything that helps you.” She decided to also follow the instructions she had given Jenny, and raised her arms as well, she wanted Jenny to know she was not just making fun of her. “I’m Fern, and I love nothing more that skateboarding, the freedom I feel cruising on the board is unlike anything else.” she thought for a second about her passion, genuinely forgetting everything going on for a second.“What else, I love volunteering for anything that’s social activism. You know, Amnesty and stuff.” She laughed a little and then followed up with: '“And, oh, its quite silly, but I do also love crocheting”.
She then studied Jenny for a second in silence, before saying: “So, what about you?”. She knew she had to get Jenny talking, that was the best way to bring her out of the anxiety, so she hoped this had made her comfortable enough to at least share a little bit.

2 Likes

“Then why didn’t you fully skip detention? No one knew you were going to come anyway.” Anthony took a step back, visibly disturbed. “I have morals”He firmly interjected in surprised anger. “Look- I don’t really mean to say this,” Jacob started, “But just be honest, it’s just the two of us right now, did you or did you not fcking kill our teacher?” Anthony was surprised, with a touch of anger and a whole lot of irony. Anthony had stumbled upon Jacob by the body and now he was suspecting Anthony Toussaint of all people? Anthony had no motive nor reason, it would only spoil his name and that was something that could never happen if Anthony could stop it.

He couldn’t believe what he was hearing from Jacob. How could he even think that Anthony was capable of such heinous crime? But he knew that he couldn’t let his anger show on his face. He needed to keep his composure and let Jacob know that he was innocent. Pretend it’s a business meeting, for a big trust fund. “I can’t believe you would even ask me that, Jacob,” Anthony said with a calm voice. “Why would I do such a thing? What motive do I have for killing our teacher? And even if I did, why would I put myself in the position of being caught by stumbling upon the body?”

Jacob looked at Anthony with a look of disbelief. His expressions were never not suspicious of him. Anthony absolutely hated it. Anthony took a deep breath and tried to keep his emotions in check. He knew that he needed to clear his name, but he also didn’t want to be too pushy. “Jacob, I understand why you’re suspicious, but I didn’t do it. I’m sure the police will find the real culprit soon enough,” Anthony said, hoping that his words would be enough to convince Jacob.

“And everyone knows murders usually have ugly shoes i’m just saying… the ugly shoes are important.” He then coughed, “Besides, why are you angry at me? Was i the one to tell you to wear those shoes that looked like they come from hell here? I didn’t tell you to kill our teacher too or show up late,”

Anthony’s eyes narrowed as he listened to Jacob’s snarky comments about his shoes. How dare he insult his shoes, especially now when he was being accused of murder? He could feel the anger building up inside him, but he knew that he needed to keep his cool.

“Okay, Jacob, that’s enough about my shoes," Anthony said, trying to change the subject. “Let’s focus on finding the real killer.” He narrowed his eyes at Jacob, being discreet out the window. “Look, Jacob, my shoes are not relevant to this investigation,” Anthony said, trying to keep his voice even. “And I don’t appreciate you making fun of them, especially now when you’re accusing of a crime that I didn’t commit. It feels like maybe…” Anthony’s eyes danced up to Jacobs. “Your deflecting?”

“By the way, I never took you for a killer but I guess people can be wrong.”

Anthony’s blood boiled at the sound of Jacob’s words. He had already been falsely accused of a terrible crime, and now Jacob was insinuating that he might actually be capable of committing it. He couldn’t believe this was happening to him.

“What the hell, Jacob?” Anthony exclaimed, his voice shaking with anger. “How could you even think that about me?” Anthony felt his fists clenching at his sides as he struggled to control his temper. He wanted to scream at Jacob for being so thoughtless, but he knew that he needed to stay calm if he was going to clear his name.

“You know what, Jacob?” Anthony said, his voice steady and controlled. "I don’t need your skepticism right now. I need your support. I’m innocent, and I need people to believe in me. If your the murderer, oh well! Just don’t choose me to blame I have too much going on for this sht! Mind my language!” Anthony shouted, quite a bit out of character.

“W- when did you get here?” As Anthony turned to see Reece, he knew that his situation was about to get even more complicated. He could feel his palms starting to sweat as his heart rate accelerated. He knew that with the mounting evidence against him, his chances of proving his innocence were getting slimmer by the minute. And with this new person showing up, he was sure that the odds were not in his favor.

“Great, just what I needed,” Anthony muttered under his breath. “Another witness to come and see me looking guilty as hell.” Anthony, losing regard for most everything, walked over the the crumbled paper he had dropped. Taking a deep breath, Anthony grabbed it, flattening it out and held it out. D E T E N T I O N in bold letters across the top, said everything Anthony wished he could.

Orp • @Kristi x @LunaticLeviTheSecond • Jacob x Reece

3 Likes

Morals like? Jacob did not say out loud but he expressed it with his face, a raise eyebrow and an amused look, because when would skipping detention be immoral? If he believed that then what did he do whatever he did to get into detention hmm? Granted Jacob was also in detention for the first time and he had no idea what he did and he would skipped detention- skipped detention too if he did not want to find out what he did or that his parents would send someone to track him and ground him for life if they found out he was marked absent from detention. “I don’t know why would you? Stupidity? you probably thought no one was going to be here, but i ended up being here,” Jacob said in response to anthony asking why would he put himself in that position, as if there was not many reasons why.

Anthony calmed down, taking deep breathes, and talking about how he did not do it but he knows the police will find the real culprit soon enough, “And you know that you’re still going to be one of the major suspects for the police?” Jacob asked, he believed that everyone in the detention room except Anthony and unfortunately fern and willow will not be considered suspects, “Especially if the guard outside says that you came in at a certain time and they interrogate all of us and find out that we except for you saw mr.albert dead body some minutes before you came.” Jacob said crossing his arms, he was still suspicious of Anthony but he was a little less guarded he could say.

When Anthony tried to move the subject about his shoes, Jacob muttered, “they are still ugly tho, just saying,” before looking the other way with crossed arms, when Anthony accused him of deflecting, Jacob snapped his head to him, “Deflecting from what?How could I have murdered him when I was in the room when he was murdered and found out like the rest of the people who had detention and actually came at the right time??? It seems that you are trying to put the blame on me because you did it.”

Anthony got angry at that, asking how he could even think that and Jacob raised a brow, “How could I not?” Jacob responded back. He rolled his eyes at the next words that came from Anthony and then he turned around when he heard another voice. Reece voice- reece and him were friendly from the times Jacob was a jock, till he decided to just stick with the floaters, “Same thing I am wondering Reece, same thing.” He said referring to Reece asking what Anthony was doing here, “Apparently he was about to skip detention and decided to just come some minutes after Mr.Albert died.” Jacob paused, “And he has ugly shoes, which has nothing to do with anything but i cant hold it in.”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond
@Tina.G

4 Likes

Alissa went silent for a moment, Willow assumed it was likely the stress making her tune everything out. She took notice of her body language, becoming more and more nervous. Despite the literal dead body in front of them, Willow couldn’t help but focus on how Alissa was feeling and how badly it must be affecting her.

As she continued to accuse Willow, she couldn’t feel anger. She only felt a strong sense of sadness and pain watching Alissa struggle to process everything. Willow didn’t want to look at how the other students were reacting. As good as she was at bottling up her own feelings and hiding them from the rest, she wouldn’t be able to control them as much when seeing others in pain.

She sighed, hearing Alissa explain her reasoning. It made a lot of sense, a lot of people would most likely assume the same. It all happened at the worst time, the argument with Fern and the death coinciding… Unless someone was trying to frame them. Willow turned to face Alissa again, her tone calm as usual, even if her heart was racing and her mind was almost blank. “We’ll figure it out. Right now we’re all trying to process what happened to Mr. Albert. But…” she trailed off, thinking of something. “It’s inevitable, don’t you think? Whether he died today or another time, it would’ve come for him eventually. It’s like a curse that sticks to you from birth, and eventually, you will suffer the same fate. It might sound dark, but in a way, it helps to think like this to cope with these situations.” Willow smiled. She wanted to try and comfort Alissa, but ended up going on an existential rant.

As Alissa took Willow’s hand and started to speak, a noise cut her off. Was she apologizing? Either way, Willow nodded in agreement. “Let’s go back to the classroom, we’ll be safer with more people.” she said and turned around.

@Kristi × Alissa Brian

1 Like

When Willow said that she would also have to suffer the same fate, Alissa froze. Of course everyone would have to die- that was unavoidable when it comes to life and as much as people want to believe nobody was immortal but it was possibly the way Willow said it that made Alissa want to crawl in a hole- hide and protect herself- the way Willow said it it made it seem that Alissa would die early, too soon and she did not want that. She also could not help noticing how with Alissa lashing at her Willow did not lash back and Alissa felt bad that she felt her eyes watering- she was sorry, she was really sorry, she did not mean to blame them it’s just that Alissa needed Mr.Albert alive and she is going through some things now.

You are not the only one going through things

A voice in the back of Allisa’s head said- yeah true, the entire school was secretly going through something without them knowing, Alissa knew because of course Alissa knew everything, so as she was about to apologize she had a noise that scared, “Yes, let’s go back,” She said as they began to jog back to the classrooom and as they reached the door, Alissa bent down in pain and grabbed her abdomen, seeing Willow’s reaction Alissa said “It’s ok i’m fine,” Alissa looked at Willow, still grabbing her upper abdomen, “And I’m also really sorry I blamed you and fern- you guys would never” right? “It’s just, i’m scared,” Alissa said as water begin to stream down her face.

Alissa touched her face as she felt tears in confusion- she hated crying in front of people, she had to be seen as a happy go girl, the friendly strong girl and not a cry baby, especially in a situation like this, so she cleaned her eyes, “Don’t tell anyone I cried, please”

@idiot.exe

1 Like

・.。 。.・・.。 。.・・.。 。.・・.。 。.・

LunaForTina-min

Jenny let out a shaky in and out as she tried to calm herself down. She couldn’t lie it was… nice, of Fern to do this. As Fern raised her arms and shared her passions, Jenny couldn’t help but feel a sense of envy for her confidence and ease of conversation. How come Jennifer couldn’t let this roll of her back like everything else she did?

But then Fern turned the attention to her, and Jenny felt a small knot of anxiety form in her stomach. What did she have to share? What if she sounded stupid or bad? But Fern’s kind gaze and reassuring smile gave her the courage to speak. “Um, well, I like to party. And I enjoy… well I really love my grandparents. I’ve been trying to teach Malcom some new tricks as well,” Jenny’s voice was still a little shaky, but she felt a small spark of pride for sharing something about herself. I can do this. Jenny took a deep breath, her eyes darting around the room nervously, before finding Ferns again. “You know, I used to be so confident. I used to be the life of the party, always making jokes and getting into trouble with my friends. But… after everything that’s happened, I just feel like a shell of who I used to be.” And a dry laugh escaped. “Which is totally dumb considering it’s been what, five minutes since detention started and I honestly don’t even know Mr. Albert first name?” Or if he’s actually dead? She respected Ferns wishes this time.

・.。 。.・

Orp ◆ @Jass ◆ Fern

・.。 。.・

2 Likes

The two went back to the classroom, but it seemed like Alissa’s stomach pain hadn’t gone away. At first Willow assumed it was from the stress, but it looked more intense than that. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Willow asked. Regardless of the cause, she still worried.

“Don’t worry, I know you didn’t mean what you said. I’m sure anyone would’ve come to that conclusion, but I’m glad you’ve decided to listen to my side of the story.”

Alissa seemed uncomfortable with others seeing her cry. It was odd, for once Willow could find something in common with her. “I won’t tell anyone. Do you want to stay here and talk about it with me? Or would you like to go back to the classroom?” Willow asked. She wasn’t sure if Alissa would be comfortable talking to her, especially since they’ve never even spoken before that. And although she wanted to help her, she also didn’t feel like facing everyone in the detention room again. She had to announce the news of Mr. Albert’s death and see the reactions of everyone present. It was too much. She even hesitated whether or not she should tell them or just run. But in the end, she realized they deserve to know.

The sudden loud noise they heard earlier lingered in her mind. It could’ve been the students from detention, she was barely paying attention, but it could’ve also been the killer. They couldn’t stay at the school for longer, it was too dangerous. If the incident was that recent, then the culprit was likely still in the school. Now, Willow was regretting offering Alissa to stay in the hallway. They were witnesses, they could be easily framed or someone could get rid of them. She needed to call for help, the principal, a teacher, a security guard or janitor, maybe even the police. But what if the culprit was one of the staff? The worst scenarios raced through Willow’s mind.

“Our phones… He took our phones!” she said, remembering she can’t call for help.

@Kristi × Alissa Brian

1 Like

@Tina.G | Jenny

Fern listened carefully to every word Jenny spoke, nodding from time to time to show she was paying attention. She wasn’t gonna say a word however, at least not until Jenny had finished speaking. She did not want to disturb the flow of her talking. She felt relieved that Jenny had seemed to let her in, and seemed to have felt less and less anxious with every word she had spoken.
She couldn’t help but let out a small giggle at Jenny talking about her and her friends getting in trouble. Something Fern herself wasn’t unfamiliar with.
Her face however quickly turned more serious again as Jenny was opening up with her about how she felt. “It’s not dumb, and you shouldn’t be that hard on yourself. It’s completely valid how you feel, like, who would be okay after what we’ve just been through?” she said surprisingly calmly, even with the pictures of the body flashing back in her mind. “I don’t believe anyone can deal with something like this without their issues. Things like this can change people, maybe forever, maybe temporary, but no one reacts or is feeling like themselves.”
Fern did not fully understand herself where these words had come from, but she was more that certain where she needed to take it: “Take me, don’t say you forgot my outburst when I first came in. I really couldn’t control my emotions, and I said some quite hurtful things about you I shouldn’t ever have said, and wouldn’t have in any other situation than this one.” She softly bit on her own lip as she played with her hair, one of her nervous tics, and looked down on the ground for a short while, before looking Jenny in the eyes as she finished what she had been saying: “But still, I shouldn’t have taken it out on you like that, and I am really sorry I did.”
She took a deep breath and then spoke some more: “Also, how about us finally lowering our arms, and maybe use them instead to hug it out?” she said half jokingly, as them both having their arms raised suddenly seemed so silly, but half as she really could use that hug.

2 Likes

“Yes, Willow I’m ok,” Alissa told the goth girl still putting a hand on her stomach- she should have taken her medications like she was suppose to do, but she had forgotten to pack it her bags and take it this morning as well, “Just, stress,” Alissa lied as she tried to stand only to fall back again. She then stood up, an embarrassed look on her face, “I guess i’m really stressed” Alissa said looking uncomfortable, she scratched the back of her arm.

“Still,” Alissa began, “I should have thought a little more than to jump to accuse you, especially since fern was going through a panick attack.” Alissa paused, “By the way, what were you and Fern doing in the bathroom if I may ask?”

Alissa leaned her tears and took a second to think about it when Willow asked where she would want to go to- “Definitely not with Mr.Albert dead body, but I want to stay at the front of the door for a while, till my eyes clean up” Alissa said cleaning her face, she let out a little laugh, “My makeup probably a mess right now, Dior would laugh at me.” Even with what she was going through it seemed that Alissa could not stop thinking of Dior, whatever happens, if there was really a serial killer in the school, Alissa hoped Jacob and Dior make it out alive, she wanted a lot of people to live and herself but Jacob and Dior especially- after all those were the two people who were the dearest to her heart.

Alissa noticed Willow having a weird look and she wondered what was happening, she noticed Willow trying to reach for her pockets but stopping as she realized that they did not have their phones. “He took all our phones and our extra one’s,” Alissa cursed in her mind remembering how he searched if Jennifer had more phones because he did not trust her, “We can’t leave till detention’s over, i’m scared, i’m scared we are the next target.”

@idiot.exe

1 Like

LunaForTina-min

・.。 。.・・.。 。.・・.。 。.・・.。 。.・ [/center]

Jenny let out a deep sigh of relief and comfort at her friend’s words. Tears prickled at the corners of her eyes as she realized that she wasn’t alone in feeling overwhelmed and changed by the recent events. She was touched by her friend’s empathetic response and the calmness in her voice, despite the clear trauma they had both experienced. It was like a weight had been lifted off of Jenny’s shoulders, knowing that her feelings were valid and understandable. She looked at her friend with gratitude and whispered, “Thank you, I needed to hear that.”

“But still, I shouldn’t have taken it out on you like that, and I am really sorry I did.” Jenny’s expression softened at Fern’s words. She could see the vulnerability in Fern’s eyes and recognized the courage it took for her to apologize. Jennifer knew how hard it was for her to even think of apologizing to anyone.

Without missing a beat, Jenny responded, "I understand, Fern. We all have our moments, especially in times like this,” Jenny chuckled, “You just seen my outburst. It’s okay, I forgive you."

She gave Fern a knowing smile, trying to ease some of the tension that had hung in the air since Fern’s outburst.

Jenny chuckled at her own suggestion. It did seem silly, their arms awkwardly raised for no reason. Plus, she couldn’t deny that she could use a good hug right about now. Even from the girl she just met.

“You know what? Yeah, maybe this once.” Jenny said, lowering her arms and opening them for a hug. Fern stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Jenny tightly, and Jenny returned the hug with equal warmth. It felt good to have her friend’s arms around her, to feel the support and comfort that only a hug could provide.

・.。 。.・

Orp ◆ @Jass ◆ Fern

・.。 。.・

2 Likes

Amid the chaos and the murmurs of disbelief which rippled through the hall, Oliver’s attention shifted to Hazel. He noticed her standing alone, her face engraved with shock and confusion, her body swaying slightly. He could practically feel the weight of her distress, her disoriented gaze signaling that she was lost, like the rest.

He took a cautious step toward her, his racing heart momentarily forgotten in his concern for her. A sense of responsibility washed over him, a long time ago he was in this same situation. Her name escaped his lips, carrying a mix of worry and relief that she also was lost like the rest. He saw her lean against one of the many lockers, her face contorted in pain as if battling an inner turmoil Ollie couldn’t understand.

“Hazel,” he whispered, his voice barely applicable over the echoing tension of the hallway. The sight of her struggling only further deepened his responsibility. He extended a hand, gently reaching out to help her stand upright off the locker, his touch soothing like her singing.

“I’m sorry, Hazel. I had no intention to scare you,” he said with deep remorse, his concern well evident in both his body manners and his tone. “Let’s…” He paused, looking at the dead body on the floor. The body with the keys to the locker.

The air felt heavy, charged with an eerie energy that seemed to resonate with the thoughts in his mind. Everyone else was heading back to the classroom, but Oliver stopped. Nobody seemed to have really example of Mr. Albert’s body, and Oliver needed to call his mom.

Oliver looked at Hazel, a long stare, before returning to the body. Dropping down to his knees his heart pounding against his ribs. He reached his trembling hand toward the pocket of Mr.Albert’s slacks, his fingertips brushing against the fabric. His mind raced, Is this not tampering with evidence? It was a risky idea, tampering with potential evidence, but the programming to always inform his parents override his logic.

The realization hit him that Mr.Albert might indeed have the keys. His fingers slipped into a pocket, his breath hitching as he felt a metal object. Pulling it out, he immediately clenched his fist around the object, his heart hammering in both fright and anticipation. However, when he uncurled his fingers, all that lay on his palm was a simple pen. Not a key in sight.

Frustration welled up inside him. The keys weren’t there. He gazed down at Mr.Albert’s lifeless form, then back at Hazel. “Someone… Stole the key. We need to find those keys.”

@Mouschi - Hazel (Sorry they’re still in the hall didn’t want to write too much).

3 Likes

ReeceSaige

Reece heard it all from Jacob, which put him up to speed and he got his proof that Anthony was put in detention … To Reece it made perfect sense what Jacob suggested. It made sense since Reece didn’t want Alissa to be right about Willow and Fern, which Reece knew was bull as soon as he saw Fern’s reaction to it all. In his mind the fact Ant got detention meant noting, as far as Reece knows Ant was around when Mr. Ablert got killed while nobody saw him and unlike Fern and Will he had no alibi.

“Okay, so you’re in detention. How does that prove you’re innocent? Do you have an alibi or something?”

@Kristi @Tina.G

3 Likes

Willow offered Alissa a hand in case she fell again. Until they go back to the classroom, Alissa could hold on.

She was shocked to hear that Fern had a panic attack. She was so distracted by the incident and by the reactions of everyone around her, she didn’t even think about how Fern must’ve been doing. Although Willow doubted that she’d want to see her, she still should’ve showed some concern. Now, she risked making their relationship worse.

“Fern was…?” she paused, concerned. She realized she should answer the question first. She couldn’t reveal what they were doing in the bathroom together, nobody could know what they discussed. Willow could only hope that Alissa believes her. It was just an innocent lie, right…? Hopefully it wouldn’t make her more suspicious. “We weren’t in the bathroom together, we just happened to go at the same time… We did meet in the hallway, where Mr. Albert was…” she explained, going quiet at the end.

“Crying is nothing to be ashamed of, nor is it a weakness. It’s quite normal in this kind of situation.” she assured Alissa. Willow was a hypocrite, hiding her own pain and telling Alissa to do the opposite. “But if that’s what you want, then we can stay out here.” she added.

Willow thought of leaving, of the possible routes they could take to escape, but fleeing a crime scene before the police arrived was dangerous. Though, it was just as dangerous to stay in the school with a killer on the loose. Alissa seemed to notice Willow looking through her bag for her phone, it seems calling for help wasn’t an idea only Willow had. “We could attempt to take the phones back, I think I know where he put them.” she suggested. “And don’t worry, I’m sure if we stick together, the killer wouldn’t approach us. They can’t fight against a group this large.” she added. And once again, the thought of being the next victim weighed on her mind as well.

@Kristi × Alissa Brian

1 Like

Willow was obviously lying and even in a distressed state Alissa could see that, and yet Alissa decided not to call Willow out on her bull, “Right,” Alissa said giving a kind smile, her eyes were empty- whether she believed it or not was not clear to anyone, except for well Alissa because she knows what happened. Her face fell when Willow mentioned Mr.Albert, “He’s really gone…” Alissa thought, “And anyone, any of the staff could have caused it” Alissa said lowering her voice.

It would be a smart choice to go to the main office, or to any of the staff but Alissa was scared- especially since they did not have their phones. If the murderer was truly one of the staffs then they were done for, she just had to stay put and wait till detention’s over then they would get their phones and leave this place. Alissa thinks, she will take a one week break from school after this, it would be too stressful to go back on monday. She could have her mother give in a doctor note for excused absent, after all Alissa was not feeling well and now she was extremely stressed, she would not be able to focus with that.

She needed a break from school to get herself, most of all she needed a talk with Dior. During the summer break they had gotten into a fight, Dior had not spoken to her for a month- she could understand why and she felt bad but Dior had forgiving her saying that she missed her and still hates her for what she does but she misses her to much to keep ignoring her and Alissa missed her too. “I know Willow,” Alissa said in response to Willow saying crying is nothing to be ashamed of, “I’ve just never cried in front of another person in a long time, and i’m usually calm and collected that’s Alissa Brian- a model student, straight A student, ex president of the student board team, current newspaper president, Dior best friend, jacob twin sister and my parent’s daughter, that’s me not someone who cries or gets stressed and accuse other people.” Alissa said in reference to jumping to accuse willow and Fern for Mr.Albert’s murder, “I usually think but right now I don’t really want to think,” Alissa stared at her feet, “Everything’s so scary.”

And nothing made sense. Why has the staff not yet come out and seen Mr.Albert dead body and released them, was their meeting that long? What were they even discussion about, why did Mr.Albert give her a weird look this morning in detention, why did he die, why was everything so fcking confusing. “Unless they have a gone,” Alissa said with a dark chuckle when Willow said the killer could not kill all of them as a group. Alissa shook her head- “Positive. Right i should be more positive, sorry, your right we have each other, and let’s go look for our phones.”

@idiot.exe

1 Like

Anthony took a deep breath before responding to Jacob’s question. “Well, I believe that it’s important to take responsibility for our actions, even if it means facing consequences such as detention. It’s about integrity and doing what’s right, even when it’s not easy or convenient.” Anthony paused, trying to find the right words to convey his point. "And who knows, maybe by attending detention and learning from our mistakes, we can become better people in the long run. And…” Anthony looked around, then back at Jacob. “I was really going to skip because… I have no clue why I’m in detention to begin with. But everything I just said still applies!”

“Especially if the guard outside says that you came in at a certain time and they interrogate all of us and find out that we except for you saw mr.albert dead body some minutes before you came.” Anthony felt his stomach drop as Jacob mentioned the possibility of him being a suspect. “I know,” he said quietly. "But I didn’t do it, Jacob. I stumbled upon the scene just like …this,” He gestured Mr. Albert, then looked at Jacob, hoping to see some understanding in his eyes. “We both know that the truth will come out eventually. It’s just a matter of time.” Anthony took another deep breath and tried to think logically. “In the meantime, we should both cooperate with the police and do everything we can to help them find the real killer.” Anthony wasn’t implying anything… but he also wasn’t not implying anything.

Anthony’s temper flared as Jacob made another snide comment about his shoes. “You know what? It’s irrelevant whether you think my shoes are ugly or not,” he retorted, his voice tinged with annoyance. “And I never said you committed the murder.” Not in those direct words “But your defensive reaction and attempts to shift blame onto me are suspicious. Maybe you’re trying to throw everyone off your trail,” Anthony said, his words laced with a touch of snobbery. “I have nothing to hide, unlike you, apparently.” He crossed his arms, a stubborn expression on his face.

Anthony’s anger boiled over at Jacob’s words, but he took a deep breath to calm himself down before responding. “I wasn’t skipping detention, Jacob,” he said firmly. “I was honestly debating whether to come, but obviously I decided too, and then I stumbled upon the scene of the crime… apparently just like you did?” He shifted his attention to Reece. “And as for my shoes, who cares? What does that have to do with anything?” Anthony rolled his eyes and turned away from Jacob, utterly exasperated with his former acquaintances accusations.

“Of course I have an alibi, Reece,” Anthony answered, his agitation showing in his tone. “I passed by one of the office receptionist as I was coming in. Mrs Morse. I didn’t have anything to do with it, and I can’t believe you’re all so quick to suspect me just because I was late into detention.” He ran a hand through his hair, frustrated at the lack of support from his fellow peers. “I understand there’s been a murder, but that doesn’t mean I’m automatically guilty just because I was in the same building. You have to look at the evidence, not jump to conclusions.” Anthony was grasping at straws though. He had no clue who else was here, but from what Jacob said it sounded like a group. And if anything, though Mrs Morse liked him, he had spent at least seven minutes pacing trying to decide if he should actually attend. He hoped that their dumb sports brains and dumb popular brains wouldn’t guess that he had showed up early and paced long enough for him to be late.

@Kristi • Jacob • let me know if I should edit this teacher out, me and him both are grasping at straws :sweat_smile::skull:
@LunaticLeviTheSecond • Reece

3 Likes