Trump to nominate Amy Coney Barret to supreme court seat

As some of you may know, Donald Trump has recently stated he would nominate Amy Coney Barret to the supreme court seat. What do you guys think of this?

Also have a read of this article!

3 Likes

Looming over the confirmation process is an existential threat to Roe v Wade, the 1973 ruling that made abortion legal. Although White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany denied earlier this week that the president would ask any prospective nominee to “prejudge” Roe, Trump himself has promised to appoint “pro-life justices” and predicted that the ruling will be overturned.

I just hate this part

It doesn’t matter who it is, because they’re going to be someone who has values that are ridiculously different from mine and try and do regressive sh*t like that

1 Like

Oh yeah… yikes.

I mean, when she got nominated I was happy that Trump isn’t completely sexist. But now… yeah, yikes. I can understand pro-life and stuff, but I just don’t agree with it at all.

2 Likes

True.
I’m not against pro-life; however, what I don’t understand is, if you’re going to be pro-life, then you need to be pro-life for living humans as well, not just unborn babies.

2 Likes

Right!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity