Trying to get back into reading!

Hello, my name is sunflower jim… my life has been a bit sad and depressing this couple of weeks and I’ve just been trying to get away from the real world. It has been a long time since I’ve been on the forums and I miss how active I used to be but anyways before I keep on ranting… I used to love to write and read, like that was literally my passion and I am trying to find that side of me again so please please let me know what books do you all recommend me to read?

Books that you love, honestly I do not care about the genre! I’ll read whatever no matter if they are fanfics haha but also please leave a little summary of your book and I’ll even write out a review once I’m like halfway or completely done with it!

With much love,

sunflower jim :sunflower:

p.s I have been trying to get back into role playing so if you have any suggestions for me leave that down here too hehe

7 Likes

omg draco
@sunflower.flow is this your brother/sister??

Fairytale-d (it’s not started yet but it will soon)

4 Likes

Hmmm, I don’t think soo lmao

1 Like

really? :slightly_smiling_face:
her pronouns literally says She/Her :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

I DIDN’T SEE LE PRONOUNS OK :triumph::raised_hand:
STOP BOLY

2 Likes

Added some tags.

ok ok
I stop boly ok :grinning:

1 Like

nice to see you again!! I really hope you feel better soon :heart:

we would love to have you join Fairytaled!!! :eyes:

2 Likes

Hope you feel better soon.

You can check my story out if you like. I’m not sure if I can post a link to it here, but I’m on wattpad under the name @JaydaHaley. It’s called the Mule and is about a woman forced to be a drug mule and how she gets out and what happens after.

3 Likes

I will definitely give it a look!

1 Like

Alright, I will give it a read! :relaxed:

1 Like

omg thank you so much!! it means a lot :pleading_face:

late but i’d really recommend Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
it’s about an angel and a demon trying to stop the apocalypse and the narrative is really nice, it’s enjoyable and easy to read, so i think it’s a good choice for getting back into writing

also i write anime boi fanfic if you’re into that kinda stuff

4 Likes

Oooo I love those type of plots I’ll be sure to look into it!

1 Like

hope you like it!

2 Likes

One of my favorite three-book series: Boy Nobody/The Unknown assassin

The first book in the series is I am the weapon. It’s action + mystery with a little bit of sad romance in between.
Quick summary: It follows the new highschool student. The student nobody notices, who makes friends, and then disappears again. Of course, before he leaves usually his friends die from natural causes Just like that boy nobody completes his mission and moves on to the next target.

The series is really good. With the world building so good, the action scenes to die for, and the romance/mystery just as great.

Recently I’ve started reading this bodyguard series.

The first book is Hostage and has yet to disappoint. Right now it’s doing well with introducing the characters, and the underlying plot. It’s another secret agent type book where a 14-year-old Connor Reeves must protect the president daughter without her knowing he’s protecting her.

3 Likes

Hello!
I can recommend one of my stories, if you’d like…
On Wattpad, I have one called No Accounting for Taste. It currently has eight chapters published, and it’s about a family from a small town in Mexico that faces a lot of hardships. I’m still making a few changes, but hopefully, you will enjoy it.
Here’s the link, if you want to check it out:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/180619377-no-accounting-for-taste

2 Likes

oh miss girl i could do this ALLL NIGHTTT

I primarily reccomend fantasy kinda vibe, they’re the most fun and something to escape into.
Heres my faves // ill add character art/covers. I RATED THEM ALL 5 STARS

• Children of Blood and Bone

Cover:

Summary: Zélie Adebola remembers when the soil of Orïsha hummed with magic. Burners ignited flames, Tiders beckoned waves, and Zélie’s Reaper mother summoned forth souls. But everything changed the night magic disappeared. Under the orders of a ruthless king, maji were killed, leaving Zélie without a mother and her people without hope. Now Zélie has one chance to bring back magic and strike against the monarchy. With the help of a rogue princess, Zélie must outwit and outrun the crown prince, who is hell-bent on eradicating magic for good. Danger lurks in Orïsha, where snow leoponaires prowl and vengeful spirits wait in the waters. Yet the greatest danger may be Zélie herself as she struggles to control her powers and her growing feelings for an enemy.

• Crescent City

Art:

Summary:Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day and partying all night—until a demon murdered her closest friends, leaving her bereft, wounded, and alone. When the accused is behind bars but the crimes start up again, Bryce finds herself at the heart of the investigation. She’ll do whatever it takes to avenge their deaths. Hunt Athalar is a notorious Fallen angel, now enslaved to the Archangels he once attempted to overthrow. His brutal skills and incredible strength have been set to one purpose—to assassinate his boss’s enemies, no questions asked. But with a demon wreaking havoc in the city, he’s offered an irresistible deal: help Bryce find the murderer, and his freedom will be within reach. As Bryce and Hunt dig deep into Crescent City’s underbelly, they discover a dark power that threatens everything and everyone they hold dear, and they find, in each other, a blazing passion—one that could set them both free, if they’d only let it.

• Aurora Rising

Cover:

Summary: The year is 2380, and the graduating cadets of Aurora Academy are being assigned their first missions. Star pupil Tyler Jones is ready to recruit the squad of his dreams, but his own boneheaded heroism sees him stuck with the dregs nobody else in the Academy would touch… A cocky diplomat with a black belt in sarcasm. A sociopath scientist with a fondness for shooting her bunkmates. A smart-ass techwiz with the galaxy’s biggest chip on his shoulder. An alien warrior with anger management issues. A tomboy pilot who’s totally not into him, in case you were wondering And Ty’s squad isn’t even his biggest problem—that’d be Aurora Jie-Lin O’Malley, the girl he’s just rescued from interdimensional space. Trapped in cryo-sleep for two centuries, Auri is a girl out of time and out of her depth. But she could be the catalyst that starts a war millions of years in the making, and Tyler’s squad of losers, discipline-cases and misfits might just be the last hope for the entire galaxy.

• Circe

Cover:

Summary: In the house of Helios, god of the sun and mightiest of the Titans, a daughter is born. But Circe is a strange child - not powerful, like her father, nor viciously alluring like her mother. Turning to the world of mortals for companionship, she discovers that she does possess power - the power of witchcraft, which can transform rivals into monsters and menace the gods themselves. Threatened, Zeus banishes her to a deserted island, where she hones her occult craft, tames wild beasts and crosses paths with many of the most famous figures in all of mythology, including the Minotaur, Daedalus and his doomed son Icarus, the murderous Medea, and, of course, wily Odysseus. But there is danger, too, for a woman who stands alone, and Circe unwittingly draws the wrath of both men and gods, ultimately finding herself pitted against one of the most terrifying and vengeful of the Olympians. To protect what she loves most, Circe must summon all her strength and choose, once and for all, whether she belongs with the gods she is born from, or the mortals she has come to love.

• The Deathless Girls

Cover: image Summary: They say the thirst of blood is like a madness - they must sate it. Even with their own kin. On the eve of her divining, the day she’ll discover her fate, seventeen-year-old Lil and her twin sister Kizzy are captured and enslaved by the cruel Boyar Valcar, taken far away from their beloved traveller community. Forced to work in the harsh and unwelcoming castle kitchens, Lil is comforted when she meets Mira, a fellow slave who she feels drawn to in a way she doesn’t understand. But she also learns about the Dragon, a mysterious and terrifying figure of myth and legend who takes girls as gifts. They may not have had their divining day, but the girls will still discover their fate…

• Song of Achilles

Art:

Summary: Greece in the age of heroes. Patroclus, an awkward young prince, has been exiled to the court of King Peleus and his perfect son Achilles. By all rights their paths should never cross, but Achilles takes the shamed prince as his friend, and as they grow into young men skilled in the arts of war and medicine their bond blossoms into something deeper - despite the displeasure of Achilles’ mother Thetis, a cruel sea goddess. But then word comes that Helen of Sparta has been kidnapped. Torn between love and fear for his friend, Patroclus journeys with Achilles to Troy, little knowing that the years that follow will test everything they hold dear. Profoundly moving and breathtakingly original, this rendering of the epic Trojan War is a dazzling feat of the imagination, a devastating love story, and an almighty battle between gods and kings, peace and glory, immortal fame and the human heart.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the recommendations, I’ll be sure to give them a read whenever I can :white_heart: @Tellyg47 @anon80318563 @Wonky

3 Likes

Just got the book and it already started really well.