Underappreciated Novels You Love

What are some underappreciated novels you really enjoyed reading?

For me there are so many, because most books I’ve read where really underappreciated or only well-known for a very short time

3 Likes

There are three that I’ll recommend here, that need WAY more appreciation and readers than they get now.

The Bronze Horseman

A historical fiction by Paullina Simons
The Bronze Horseman is the first novel in the Bronze Horseman Trilogy. The book begins on 22 June 1941, the day Russia enters the Second World War after Operation Barbarossa. It follows the lives and story of Tatiana and Alexander.

STORM: The Infinity Code

A suspenseful young adult fiction by E.L Young
In just a few days, Will lost everyone he cared about. First, his father was killed in action, then his grieving mother fled the country. Left behind in London, Will’s world is falling apart. Then he gets the invitation to join a secret organization, S.T.O.R.M.

Skulduggery Pleasant

A fantasy fiction by Derek Landy
Meet Skulduggery Pleasant; ace detective, snappy dresser, razor-tongued wit, crackerjack sorcerer, and a walking, talking, fire-throwing skeleton. As well as ally, protector, and mentor of Stephanie Edgley, a very unusual and darkly talented twelve-year-old. These two alone must defeat an all-consuming ancient evil. The end of the world? Over his dead body.

2 Likes

I love The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and I’d like for it to be preeshed more

Does anybody know any underappreciated novels?

1 Like

The Wolves of Mercy Falls!

I haven’t read them in years but I used to really like that series
Especially the first book

1 Like

Every novel by Tracy Chevalier!

1 Like

Looking for Alaska by John Green! The Fault in Our Stars gets all the hype, but this one is just as good and if you’re a fan of TFIOS, you should definitely check it out.

2 Likes

I love the Fault in Our Stars!

1 Like

I was Born for This by Alice Oseman. :orange_heart: :eyes:

Synopsis

For Angel Rahimi, life is only about one thing: The Ark – a pop-rock trio of teenage boys who are currently taking the world by storm. Being part of The Ark’s fandom has given her everything – her friendships, her dreams, her place in the world.

Jimmy Kaga-Ricci owes everything to The Ark too. He’s their frontman – and playing in a band is all he’s ever dreamed of doing. It’s just a shame that recently everything in his life seems to have turned into a bit of a nightmare.

Because that’s the problem with dreaming – eventually, inevitably, real life arrives with a wake-up call. And when Angel and Jimmy are unexpectedly thrust together, they will discover just how strange and surprising facing up to reality can be.

1 Like

A Thousand Splendid Suns is such an amazing book. It’s so moving; I cried a total of 6 times reading the book. It puts you into a new perspective. This book covers women’s issues but puts it in a way that makes it so captivating. Those who woudlnt understand how difficult it can be might be able to understand better if they read this book.

The Other Wes Moore changes your whole perspective on people living in poverty. It’s about a true story in which the successful author meets a boy with the same name but has a completely different fate. You get to learn how your environment has impacted you, how small or large choices can completely steer your life, and how some people — even if they seem bad, never had a choice to begin with. It’s such a moving story and deserves a lot of recognition

4 Likes

thatttt yes
love that book
the film lowkey sucks tho

2 Likes

The Secret Island .

For me it’s such a lovely story I love.:two_hearts:

1 Like

I also want to add the Demon Road series to this list!

Also, added tags.

1 Like

I’ve named at least 4 novel series, what ones will you name, @Bookworms?

2 Likes

Still Alice. Ok, I saw the movie, not the book, but still…

2 Likes

Alice?

2 Likes

Still Alice. Still herself. It’s about early onset dementia.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ooooh… I think I saw the trailer for this. Why haven’t you read the book?

2 Likes

I never had the chance. The movie was really good.

2 Likes

Time to get the book then. (wink)

1 Like