Unpopular Opinions: Anime and Manga Edition

Reviving. Ok, one, I actually like Yuno. I don’t know why, I just do. Two, I actually really liked season two of TPN. I understand about the anger the manga readers feel, I completely understand, but I just can’t read the manga. There’s way too many volumes and my brain would die. Three. I want to throw Zenitsu from Demon Slayer out a window. Four. Toga is best girl.

I’m going to be honest, the anime deviating from the manga isn’t really why people dislike it from what I’ve experienced. Especially since sometimes deviations from the source material can actually distinguish the anime and make it a different experience, the manga for The Promised Neverland is actually extremely well paced and tense at first, it really does encapsulate what makes a good thriller, the anime is also really good in season 1 and has a great opening, there’s nothing wrong with it.

However in terms of the manga right when they get to the shelter the writing starts to fall flat and the rest of it is just cool concepts and moments in arcs that make it somewhat enjoyable but just don’t live up to the way it started. Season 2 of the anime literally cut out some of the actually interesting parts of the story and the pacing fell apart too (as it had in the manga).

Anyway that’s probably an unpopular opinion so I’ll leave it at that or discuss it on TPN thread :joy:

1 Like

So, I actually read the manga. Season two did fall flat. That was bad.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity