Unpopular Opinions: Anime and Manga Edition

I really don’t like fan service, which I will defend as “unpopular” given the expansive amounts of it everywhere.

@AnimeNerds

5 Likes

Yanderes are ALWAYS Worst Girl.
Nurses/Maids are ALWAYS Best Girl.
Most male anime protagonists are neackbearded Nice Guys.
Bodypillows are fine.
3D animated series ARE real anime.
Anime don’t always have to be made in Japan.
Transgender women in anime are not “Traps”; They don’t exist to tempt your b*ner. They ARE real women, and it’s not their fault that you’re too shallow to love them just because they weren’t born women.

3 Likes

Yanderes are freaky

2 Likes

REEEE fanservice is fine.

Copious amounts of tasteless fanservice is uncalled for and can get in the way of a good story

2 Likes

don’t lewd the lolis at least :eyes:

1 Like

I was actually gonna bring up loli culture being literally bloody alien to me :joy:

1 Like

Lolis/loli culture are disturbing

1 Like

TRUUUUU

1 Like

Can’t agree with this this more, though I am gonna censor it because PG-13 :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I feel like I should know what this means but I don’t. What is a Yanderes?

1 Like

Seems cute and shy but is actually a psycho. Will kill/hurt whoever gets too close to their crush. Think Yuno Gasai.

1 Like

Oh! Yeah, I hate them too then. I just didn’t know that was the name for that stereotype. I feel like they make this type of girl the most just to get a reaction from the audience plus it gives the audience someone to hate instead.

1 Like

The thing I really hate is the people who like these characters and think their behavior is okay because they’re “in LoOoOoOvE.”

1 Like

Oh yeah! It’s scary to think about how many people seriously think it’s normal behavior. I tend to stay away from shows that have that type of girl as a main character.

1 Like

Sub is not always better than dub in terms of voice acting I prefer it but sometimes dub can be more entertaining imo!
I don’t usually like the stereotypical overly shy + overly clumsy girls that most people would consider ‘waifus’-- they annoy me most of the time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

all of the characters are either super violent or super pacifist, i want a middle ground

Closed due to inactivity :innocent: