Unpopular Writer/Reader Opinions

I think Wattpad allows 18+ stuff…

1 Like

I know.

I might put it on Wattpad once I am happy with the writing. After completing a chapter, I usually proofread and then jump a few chapters back to add more content. I prefer to work on it privately than announce it all on social media tbh.

1 Like

I’ll be waiting hehe :eyes:

1 Like

Believe me, it will take another 3 more years. Especially when I come up with many ideas haha! I always feel the need to add a disclaimer at the beginning of the book because there are people that would get offended over the amount of sx in it (no rpey stuff in it because that’s wrong).

1 Like

I think people would enjoy that…
People who are into sm-t, I mean

1 Like

I love morally grey characters, but not to the point where they would straight up violate human rights. For example, Penthouse (a Korean drama I just finished watching), had a great example of writing morally grey characters where everyone did at least 1 bad thing and they all paid for it at the end.

MY STORY DEADLY NIGHTSHADE HAS A VILLAINOUS PROTAGONIST PLEASE READ IT

(Oh, and all the characters are morally grey. All 8 MCs and the 3 central MCs)

3 Likes

I know lol

Well it will be sm**ty, funny and gory with a lot of mystery.

2 Likes

I think morally grey characters are definitely more relatable than characters who are just straight up evil or Mary-Sues, for example. I don’t think I’d want to read a story where the MC or LI just kills some innocent person for fun and enjoys it, but I would be interested in a story where the MC/LI had a moral conflict between doing something evil to save someone they cared about, or doing the right thing.

3 Likes

Exactly. Or a gradual turn to evil, that’s interesting to read. Like “Forest of a Thousand Lanterns” where the MC slowly became evil over the course of the book.

2 Likes

Stories like that are my guilty pleasure lmao-
I don’t support it but like-

2 Likes

Ooh, which platform is it on?

1 Like

blows up the world

3 Likes

YESSS

1 Like

Episode (the app)

1 Like

ZA WARUDO

I wish authors would stop with the “if the guy makes fun of you, he likes you” nonsense. I hate enemies to lovers tropes with a passion, nothing pleasant about getting with a bully. Remember on Episode, there was this unpleasant story called A Heartbreak Century where the MC gets with the guy that bullied her in the past? That was unbelievably disgusting. How can one glorify this f*ckery? Also, I can’t stand it when authors (not Episode authors but the ones I’ve encountered on Amazon) write about an MC that falls for the former bullies. Go do one!!

3 Likes

Tbh, an enemy-to-lover trop can be rad if done well. I hate how most are just the MC falling in love with the bully. Like, no! That’s not what that is-

3 Likes

It depends on the situation, I guess. I get if they’re enemies (involuntarily), I’ll make that as an exception but I’m on about the ones that has a lot of bullying in it.
Honestly, it’s painful when I hear about those dating their bullies.

3 Likes

Yeah, it can work sometimes. Also, it is true that people might bully someone because they don’t understand their own feelings.

2 Likes

Yeah.

Bullies bully others cause they’re not happy with themselves.

2 Likes