Untranslatable Words

I can confirm there is not really a one word translation in it for it in English. Not sure if that translation works though, it’s more used in a social context often. When you had a fun and enjoyable meeting with friends that was just a good time you would call that gezellig. I guess in some ways it can be used to mean sort of cozy and homey though!

I just saw this on this thread. I didn’t know this word before, but I know that Every RPer can understand this one.

With everything that us RPers put our characters through, even when it hurts us we still get joy out of our characters’ suffering

2 Likes

Frühjahrsmüdigkeit - a German word for fatigue experienced at the beginning of Spring

3 Likes

I think my brain died-also, yes.

I think it’s my favorite German word. Definitely. We love making our characters suffer.

1 Like

くちさびしい (kuchisabishii) - a Japanese word for eating because you’re bored (literally translates to eating because your mouth is lonely)

2 Likes

I’m in this word, and I don’t like it.

1 Like

lmao you’re so right

oh this is so interesting

ngl i would also attribute this to catharsis, not just schadenfreude

oooh this is so interesting
i didn’t know this was a common enough sentiment to have a word for it

(just asked An about this) if you want the kanji for this, it’s 口寂しい (which makes the literal translation more obvious if i say so myself lol)

1 Like

In the Carribean if we find things “poorly done” we call it “poohar” and in my opinion, no expression can convey the disgust and anger at a teenager’s room filth than the word “poohar”. :thinking:

2 Likes

dksbvfhv i love that, it seems like a fun expression (and i think i’d use it often)
also can i ask in which part of the Caribbean? it’s okay if you’d rather not say ofc, i’m just curious

1 Like

I’m from Trinidad :heart: