Unus Annus (One Year) Discussion Thread

Unus Annus is a channel created November 12th 2019 by popular YouTubers Markiplier and CrankGameplays. Their initial goal is to beat YouTube’s algorithm and prove you can have a successful channel while ignoring the guidelines. Many people have come up with theories to this “unusual” channel and others are just trying to enjoy it while it lasts. The channel has reached 700k subscribers in 2 days.

I’ve created this thread because the message of the channel is a direct hit to YouTube. What do you think of the channel? What do you think about a channel with a scary meaning but funny videos? Do you applaud Mark and Ethan’s goal? Does this make you think about the future? Have you subscribed? Do you want that 1mil Play Button? Are you excited to see Mark get a nipple piercing? Will they even make it to one year?

Memento Mori.

Unus Annus.

Notice

Not-So-Random Tags

@Nessie
@Kiwi
@Duckling
@liyahsdiamond
@Mysterious_Tea
@RainyDay

6 Likes

Interesting.

2 Likes

Have you seen the channel?

1 Like

Nope.

2 Likes

:joy:

When you really think about it, it’s actually scary to think about. Especially the fact that ‘Nothing lasts forever’

1 Like

I smell a conspiracy theory.

2 Likes

Won’t they get banned, though? Plus, a video with a scary/dark meaning can also be a song, or a SpongeBob episode. Adult jokes, curses, triggering things to little kids, dark meanings. Breaking YouTube’s guidelines and have a successful channel for, what, two weeks? Is that something you wanna prove to YouTube? I mean, okay, they may do whatever pleases them, but why would they wanna do something like that? To get banned afterwards?

2 Likes

Uh uhhhhh I just saw Markiplier’s video talking about this and he sounded so creepy. :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s another thing up for discussion. This can be driven to crazy if they choose to take that path. They can take this idea and run wild with it, and can give YouTube a bad name.

2 Likes

I really don’t see the point in this.

3 Likes

Some of YouTube’s rules are stupid to me and is making it harder for some YouTubers to stay monetized. While some of them, are well needed.

2 Likes

Yeah, the rules are definitely becoming more restrictive. Like with what happened to Charles Cornell…

2 Likes

Oh yeah. just saw the second video. 363 days back

1 Like

It’s deep, but it has the word “Anus” in the name, and their first video is… interesting…

4 Likes

I must’ve missed something?

What happened?

1 Like

They changed the rules for getting verified (that check mark next to a channel name) and he got removed. He was pissed and talked to YouTube, then they put the check mark back

1 Like

That’s a good word for it…

I just noticed you changed your pfp, looks nice

1 Like

Thanks, @Random.Tomboy made it for me.

I rarely change my pfps

2 Likes

Bu mp