Vampire and Werewolf stories (help on how to not make it cliché)

I want to see lesbian vampires ok

4 Likes

Same

4 Likes

And some gay/trans vamps and werewolves and drag queens

4 Likes

Yes, drag queens! Like mermaid drag queens, sirens, Gorgons…

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Especially Gorgons!

Omg someone should make an LGBTQ+ fantasy story. It’d be iconic, and I’d be left… gagging. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Funny you should mention that.

3 Likes

I want to say something but it ruins my entire secret plot :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I wonder what that means :eyes:

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

3 Likes

While all those suggestions are good it would be really great if you don’t make it feel forced. Like you’re just adding LGBTQ+ characters just for the sake of things.

3 Likes

Of course not, I hate forced diversity.

3 Likes

I’m writing a story…

Obviously not but I would like to see some LGBTQ and race/ethnic diversity.

And obviously various types of personalities not the whole badass sterotype.

4 Likes

Something to remember

Yes vampires are supposed to be attractive (in a lot of lore they are attractive as a way of attracting the human prey but when it’s feeding time they unleash the monster within)

But that does not mean they all have to look the same.

So many vampires are described as being slim with black hair, pale skin and a well sculpted face. All of the descriptions sound the same which is a little uninspired.

Different people find different things attractive so feel free to describe them however you like. They don’t all have to be black haired and nice faces.

4 Likes

This steps into an interesting idea if you’re going into what seems like very evolutionary differences between the two. Societal norms and beauty standards have also changed (and vary in different countries too!) so here’s a follow-up to describe it in fun ways :smile:

Vampires are ambush hunters in terms of the type of predator they are (Think spiders). They lure prey in before jumping on it during a moment or window of vulnerability. A lot of stories have their fangs or saliva give off an anaesthetic of some sort which is a definitely fun idea!

Werewolves are more often than not pack hunters (Wolves, obviously) and when solo (Like foxes, or big cats), they’re described as chase hunters. They don’t use ambush or luring tactics, preferring a chase or proper hunt in the traditional sense.

This dichotomy can come into play in very interesting ways. The fun you can have with this comes in how efficient they are in their different hunting types. Ambush or camouflage hunters tend to have higher success rates, but chase and pack hunters tend to hunt more. This is if you’re going the less mystical more apex hunter animal kingdom direction with vamps and doggos

4 Likes

That’s awesome and definitely something to take into account when writing your vamp and werewolf characters :grin:

4 Likes

Also something to keep in mind for werewolves - in the animal kingdom, among most species the women tend to hunt more actively and efficiently.

Also if you base vampires on ambush predators like spiders, the females tend to be larger and deadlier :eyes:

4 Likes

That gives me some good ideas for extended metaphors :joy:

4 Likes

So insightful and intelligent, Deluge.

3 Likes

Yassss

3 Likes