Video Games Shape how Gamers understand Historical events

There are many games that surround historical events nowadays. For instance, Assassins Creed brings gamer’s attention to historical wars even though it has its own fictional storyline in the game. There are the Sid Meiers Civilisation games that have taught people more about the different countries from the past. Nancy Drew is kind of similar to the Assassins Creed games where it goes over historical events around its own fictional storyline. These are just a handful of the games that have been used to help gamers understand history.

Do you know of any games that have helped with historical events? Did they have a fictional story on top of the event? or Was it directly about the event altogether?

@Discussions

I don’t know any games that have helped but I think I understand how they could have a good or bad influence on how people see historical events.

1 Like

Yeah, that is very true!

1 Like

Hmm

There are some games that can reference things happening in real life or things that have happened but in a fictional setting this can help you understand certain situations

Closed due to inactivity