Views on the Harry Potter extended series?

J.K Rowling has been dragging out the Harry Potter series for years now, do you think she has almost ruined the original books by trying to write more and more?

I feel like she should create another magic world with totally different characters because (I speak only for myself) I feel that all these fantastic beasts books etc have ruined the original books for me.

Just wanting opinions

5 Likes

I was okay with the original series of HP but I don’t like that she’s dragging the series because the original series seemed like it was finished and I don’t see the point in continuing it.

4 Likes

Hm, personally I’ve decided to stick to the regular Harry Potter series, just because I know I will probably be disappointed in the fantastic beasts books. I get it tho, the series is such a huge success it makes it difficult to let it go, but she should… Even tho personally I would love to see a series about the next generation :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I think you can do extended worlds well. Like marvel! So I’m not sure if I think a world can be dragged out too much.

But Rowling kinda did just George Lucas all over the place

6 Likes

Extended worlds are fine, and nothing will ever ruin the original Harry Potter series for me. The Crimes of Grindebad was just absolute sh1t :man_shrugging: Happens

4 Likes

I think she could do a series about people who went to hogwarts at the same time as Voldemort. I would read that.

Cursed Child was trash.

Trash.

That s**t was terrible!

1 Like

What was the worst part?

2 Likes

All of it, burn it in a fire. I don’t care if it was a Broadway show, burn that pile of crap.

3 Likes

The sad thing is the best extended parts are the two mobile games :joy: that and Fantastic Beasts. Everything else sucks

4 Likes

There’s two Mobile games?

1 Like

Yup.

2 Likes

The one where you play as a kid before Harry went to the school (hogwarts mystery) and the Pokemon go style game!

2 Likes

poofs to App Store

1 Like

:running_woman:t3: :wind_face:

1 Like

Thing is

I don’t hate any of it. It just doesn’t give me the same feelings as the main series.

4 Likes

Also the continuity errors sksksks

2 Likes

I actually haven’t read the books because it’s in screenscript form which I really hate. If it had been in a real book form then I might have read the book. My sister gave it to me for my birthday but it is officially my mothers now.

1 Like

I like the both series that were made but I really think they could of handled the latest series better. I just love seeing all the different creatures in the movies. I wished they had made a tv series out of a new series for the Harry Potter world because they would have a lot of room to add to the makings of the show.

I kinda like the extended series that she makes but I would much rather see her create a compleet new story. However I think movies like fantastic beast are pretty good

1 Like