Visual Novel Discussion!

I’ve said this a lot, that Episode reminds me of a cheap and kinda iffy visual novel. So I thought I would go and back up my claim that visual novels are more worth your time a little bit. They may not have as in-depth character customization, or animations, or writer’s portals, but for a romance story, I don’t think there’s anything better! So I’ll list my top favourites!

Main1_(1)
Dandelion is my favourite Visual Novel of all time, I love everything about this game. The romance elements are amazing, the love interests are incredibly interesting, dynamic and wildly fun! The actual gameplay is in-depth and arguably difficult at points. Needing to choose which character to spend time with to get the optimal responses during certain situations can get stressful as well, but it’s all worth it for those spectacular ending scenes of each romance route!

Fate/Stay Night is very much an 18+ visual novel (with several anime adaptations that are definitely worth the watch!), and the game is downright fantastic. It has some very sexual scenes, some of which come out of absolutely nowhere and it’s super weird but aside from that it’s actually a very complex and interesting fantasy story that you get to take part in, choices leading to certain death or success in a very dark and threatening world!

507d492a-7045-4129-aed0-10592b5527ec
Arguably the best visual novel ever made. Just imagine it. It’s a typical romance story, with tons of choices and twists and turns in an interesting story. But replace all of the people with birds. It’s hilarious, fun as hell and weirdly epic and touching at points

Hustlecat
I have a special place in my heart for this game. It’s quirky, interesting and so much fun. The romances always hit home, hard and they are so adorable and fun. Much like Fate, this is actually somewhat of a fantasy story first and foremost, with the love interests all taking the form of cats when not at the cafe they all work at. This makes for funny, touching and relentlessly quirky scenes! The option to date both the men and women helps too, imo

header
This one is cute. Monster girl, she’s adorable

I wasn’t a fan of Amnesia’s love interests and story, but good god is it gorgeous. Everything just looks amazing

Feel free to share your own favourites or ask about them a little more if you’re interested! I’m very enthusiastic about these stories as I hold several of them super close to my heart, so let’s have a good discussion!

4 Likes

I like visual novels cuz some characters act like me(and story is intresting) ha…and the art is very nice/beautiful

Ironic since I b*tch about art scenes constantly ha

1 Like

It’s different when it’s the point though I guess!

Something like Episode “Choose your Story”, you’d assume you get to choose your own story, and that includes what your character looks like!

A Visual Novel doesn’t come with those expectations, so you just get to sit back and enjoy the story. Unless you’re stressing about making the right choices, then it isn’t relaxation >.<

2 Likes

I think ur correct ha
Thts the whole reason I started episodes in the first place.

1 Like

It’s fair enough, completely understandable to want more from your media! Especially when you’re just tired of how the main characters look or act

1 Like

what’s the diff between graphic novel and visual novel?

1 Like

A graphic novel is just a chunky comic, usually with a hardcover, a visual visual novel is a game that usually has a large amount of interaction and watching and reading.

1 Like

Visual novels seem interesting, and the art looks amazing :purple_heart:

1 Like

The art is usually one of the big selling points of these games, hehe

1 Like

It’s a while style in itself people practice nowadays

I looked into visual writing novels once. Episode just takes so much of the stress out of writing! I wish another company would do the same

1 Like

MysticMessenger is my fav

1 Like

I’m sure it will, to be honest I’ve looked into doing visual novels myself, and I may even just go ahead and do it eventually. Things like Doki Doki Literature Clun coming and making the medium more artistic as a whole definitely help!

I think most of you would like the visual novel, Seduce Me. It’s about a girl and 5 incubi.

1 Like

My problem is that you need to do your own art for most of them

1 Like

Yeah, which could take me a while, though it is more anime based so it wouldn’t take as long as my usual art :eyes:

Incubi? Interesting xD

Yes it’s about 5 demon guys that are brothers

1 Like

Sounds like a typical visual novel story to me, I’ll check it out xD

1 Like

You can download it from Steam, it’s free.

1 Like