We got a new neighbor! 🕸🕷(TW for arachnophobes)

My mom sent me this picture of a spiral orb spider web on our front porch. Over six feet long. Mom has yet to meet the weaver, but she’s hoping they can keep it going for Halloween. I’ve never seen a spider web before, so this is super cool.

1 Like

:frowning:

…um… yeah
Not exactly a spider fan :sweat_smile:
But it is a gorgeous web, just don’t wanna meet that spider lol

1 Like

For those that don’t know, Charlotte in Charlotte’s Web would’ve made a web like this. It’s the most common web, and the spiders that weave it aren’t venomous.

1 Like

I’m fine with them. They don’t hurt me, all’s good.

1 Like

If there’s something separating us, no sweat :joy:
Otherwise, no thank you, I’m not a spider/ bug person :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

It’s on the other other side of the porch, so they won’t come in contact.

1 Like

Mom’s going to leave it be because it’s not hurting anyone. It’s actually helpful.

1 Like

@Meekepeek,thought this might interest you.

2 Likes

Wait, you’ve never seen one before… Every day a spider makes one against my bike and I have ti destroy it to use it, then the next day, its all back again!

I rn only have 2 spiders in my room but they are pushing their chances on an extended stay since they aren’t getting the mosquitoes at all.

Its so hard to find good roommates that keep the unwanted out.

2 Likes

I’ve seriously never seen one.

2 Likes

I had a classmate that told me she refuses to visit my city because of the amount of spiders.

If I wanna put down the sunscreen, I fist have to get through like 20 of them, and these to return within an hour.

2 Likes

Pfft-how long do you think it took for this one to be built?

2 Likes

Uhm… Depending on the spider… Maybe 4 hours, maybe a day, hard to tell. They are fast in making them.

2 Likes

That’s fast.

I have no clue what species it it. We live near the East Coast in America.

1 Like

Woah, that’s a cool spider ngl

still don’t wanna meet him tho :joy:

1 Like

He is pretty cool. Mom’s going to try to get a better picture tomorrow.

1 Like

I tried to make a pick, you can’t see them too good but I added a red dot at each web I could find…

2 Likes

Wow! No mosquitoes there!

2 Likes

you would think that, huh?
:sweat:

2 Likes